DLC useful/interesting?>

trying to get some DLC for christmas. unfortunately, seem to be having trouble with the area restrictions. its almost 2013 people. if i have a credit card and i WANNA give you cash steam/fireaxis, why are you making it difficult for me just because im currently overseas?

I got all civs and ancient wonders during last steam sale. Did however totally miss the GOTY upgrade (contains all dlc except korea and ancient wonders) so ended up paying more and getting less (would eg have got all maps for free)

So if you have vanilla i recommend getting the GOTY upgrade + G&K + korea & wonders pack

One thing that has been notably missing from all the map packs is simply an Earth map with each civ starting in its historical location. I think a lot of people would enjoy playing that, even if it can't be completely balanced, and I'm perplexed at the persistent neglect of it.

I would recommend buying the DLC. Korea is one of my favorite civs to play; the UUs make it very difficult to invade, which helps in the wars of attrition I tend to get into in MP:mischief:

As others have said though, definitely wait until the Xmas sale. They're not so game-changing that one can't wait a few days.

One thing that has been notably missing from all the map packs is simply an Earth map with each civ starting in its historical location. I think a lot of people would enjoy playing that, even if it can't be completely balanced, and I'm perplexed at the persistent neglect of it.

I'm pretty sure that's on purpose ;).
Because normally Firaxis has at some point always released a map making tool (of some sort), and you need some popular and not technically difficult things to give the modding scene a start.

+1 good fun. I bought the all-in-one-edition for cheap on steam so if you're not in a hurry I'd wait for a sale. Most of the new wonders are ancient era ones you prob won't get to build but are good to capture off hapless AI.

Top Bottom