How much would it cost to rush an atom bomb?

truffleshuffle

Chieftain
Here's my plan. A friend and I have been playing the same hotseat game for like a month now, and now we are finally preparing to go to war with each other. We are on the same continent, but there is a smaller continent off to the side of his side of the continent which formally was Mongolian territory but now is split amongst the remaining players of the game.

ANYWAY... here's my plan to destroy his face. I have him fooled into thinking that my only plan is to take over the entire smaller Mongolian continent. BUT... I am going to rush for a city of his on the coast of the smaller Mongolian continent, take it over just in time for the Manhattan Project to be completed, and then rush an atom bomb. This city just so happens to be exactly ten spaces away from his capital! So I will nuke his capital, by far his best city (a size 34) and nuke the science dead!

Anyway, how much would this atom bomb cost to rush? I imagine it is pretty expensive. Also, let's say the city has 5-6 people in it after I capture. How long will it be in resistance thus unable to rush any units? And one more question... how many people will be expected to die when I drop an atom bomb on a size 34 with no shelter whatsoever? *evilly rubs hands together*

I think you get one turn of resistance for each remaining pop when u capture a city.

Base atom bomb cost... I can't remember but I think its roughly 1400. You will get discount with Big Ben / Commerce / Autocrat polices.

If I want to do a multiplayer sneak attack, I generally do something like this:

Go babylon. Get 1 great engineer somehow (usually liberty). hoard scientists and gold. Then (I always end up doing the math with beakers) discover techs all the way up to atom bombs, hurry manhattan project, buy up a bunch of bombs, and then march to war with muskets and cannons supported by atom bombs. Makes for a fantastic moment of wtfery from your opponents. My usual story for 'how I did it' is something like "oh, with my initial warrior I just kept on getting those advanced weapons goody huts! I must have gotten 20 of them!"

Generally they end up with a hurry cost of ~1000 each, depending on your gold cost easing policies and such?

If I want to do a multiplayer sneak attack, I generally do something like this:

Go babylon. Get 1 great engineer somehow (usually liberty). hoard scientists and gold. Then (I always end up doing the math with beakers) discover techs all the way up to atom bombs, hurry manhattan project, buy up a bunch of bombs, and then march to war with muskets and cannons supported by atom bombs. Makes for a fantastic moment of wtfery from your opponents. My usual story for 'how I did it' is something like "oh, with my initial warrior I just kept on getting those advanced weapons goody huts! I must have gotten 20 of them!"

Generally they end up with a hurry cost of ~1000 each, depending on your gold cost easing policies and such?
I don't think you can hurry projects..

Apparently SAMs/AA guns can take down A-bombs (and aircraft?!) so your plan might be not successful.

You could also relocate the A-bomb to the city, so resistance would be futile in your plans of world domination.

I think there is only a certain amount of spaces you can relocate the atom bomb, so by the time the atom bomb gets there the city would have ended resistance anyway. t's better just to rush it. I have about 5000 gold saved up, I was just wondering if that'd be enough for at least one. Looks like they will be getting multiple mushrooms in their holiday stocking! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

About the guy that brought up Babylon. Kind of off topic but interesting. I'm playing as Ethiopia which is actually surprisingly a bad ass civilization (though I have had more cities than everyone pretty much the entire game, so I never used its unique ability, but their unique building is insane and well overcompensates for that).

And no, you can't and could never rush the Manhattan Project..

Top Bottom