True Start Location Earth Maps

civ5 has crashed several times for me, even before I installed any mods. Always when I try to click or escape thru the opening video. It has nothing to do with the mod if its crashing before the main menu.

Still, world builder should've been released by now.

IDK about resource location but why not just copy old map. Not easy?

So, any workaround for having installed it on D:\

Because I don't really feel like reinstalling Steam and all my games thereon onto C:\

the workaround; Don't install games on D:\ like the other 95% of us.

I don't have Steam on C, too. Sorry, but having Steam on C is equal like installing games to suggested programs folder to C.

However: Did you try to create a "fake" tree of directories on C? Basically faking the directory structure only to have the mods in the "right place".

There's apparently been a Civ5 patch to address the bugs. I'm not sure if all have been resolved.

one sugestion: could you da the island of janpan a litte big, becuase the mount Fuji is a real barrier

I agree that someone needs to make a standard size world map that focuses more on playability and look, rather than strict realism. The island nations (England, Japan) need to be bigger and better shaped, the great lakes region of North America needs tweaking (where is the St. Lawerence river, the maritimes, etc), Europe should bumped out a little and made a little bigger, etc.

Someone also needs to fix the load game problem.

Has it been noted as to why it seems that the developers have never bothered coming out with a super duper huge realistic earth map with all the right starting positions and so on for official release in any civ game? The one they put out in an expansion for civ4 doesnt count, not large enough.

I agree that someone needs to make a standard size world map that focuses more on playability and look, rather than strict realism. The island nations (England, Japan) need to be bigger and better shaped, the great lakes region of North America needs tweaking (where is the St. Lawerence river, the maritimes, etc), Europe should bumped out a little and made a little bigger, etc.

When the mod tools come out, why not have a try yourself? :)

Someone also needs to fix the load game problem.

That's been fixed in the latest patch (though you will need to start a new game, it won't be able to load old mod saves still).

i dont post much another of the long term lurkers here ;) but this thred reminded me, who remembers tue fantastic "marla singers world map" ? that was a true work of art! inspired me to make a complete map of the lord of the rings world. if the editor was released i'd be tempted too try it^^. forgive any poor english- posting from myphone.
i still remember loading civ1 on my old 386 when i was bout 11-12 and loading the world map over and over till my chosen civ started in the right place - pity bout all the other civs of course!

Here it is:
Workaround: The save games are still saved in the "..\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves" directory. You can manually load them by double clicking the save file form that directory

Which file did they associate the civ5save file format with? When I click the save, it simply has windows asking me what I want to do with the file, or to look on the web to find out what to do with it. And if I associate it with the Civilization11.exe file then it simply launches the loader anyways and takes me to the main menu instead of auto loading the save file.

Depending on the performance of the new editor when released, I'll certainly have a go at creating a large world map, but if performance is anythign like it was with the world builder in 4 then I'll just have to pass as I don't really have enough patience to build a whole earth hex by hex. But being able to paint it on the ground would be great like so many other game editors allow, when I tried it in 4's world builder I couldn't stand it that when I'd try to paint the landscape it would simply skip squares due to poor performance.

Don't worry about the workaround. The patch a few hours ago fixed the bug. :)

Does this mod affect the map generation script? I've noticed that sometimes major islands end up connected to continents (e.g. Britain connecting to France) even on Large.

How about resource locations? When I loaded the mod on Small, I noticed England had wine.

Thanks for your work.

Great Dale.
The starting location for the Siamese is quite a bit off. You've got Sukhothai where Bangkok is now, instead of up north about 3 or 4 hexes. Not a big deal being closer to Hanoi, because there are lots of resources around there and you should be able to take them out soon.

I agree that someone needs to make a standard size world map that focuses more on playability and look, rather than strict realism.

I'm sure there will be plenty of World Maps shortly after the editing tools come out.

I'm going to make maps which are geared more towards realism but I'm sure there will be someone who will make a map that focuses on playability.

This thread has nothing to do with the C: bug. If Civ V is not installed in C:, nothing shows up in the "installed" tab.

the workaround; Don't install games on D:\ like the other 95% of us.

:lol: Are you serious? Why would I install games on my Windows partition (C: )?
I have Steam and its games on F: and I hope this bug gets fixed quickly... :rolleyes:

anyone know why i can load up my save game, ? is not saving it into the mod files but the normal save files and when i try and load up it says its not compatible with the mod, Im really enjoying this map but not able to save and load in dose ruin it for me

What patch? There is no patch...at least not on steam.

Also, I thought it to be common practice to not install games on the OS partition...

Top Bottom