A World in Arms: WW2 armies

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
Hi guys, I'm working at two main project now: armies of Vietnam wars and a very huge ww2 armies. Each includes infantry and armoured units, so if someone need or wish a particular tank or armoured unit can tell me. It would be appreciate if you can send references and links to downloadable 3d model.:lol::lol::lol:

Well Anti-tank and Machine Guns Bt. for the major civs to fill in the gaps from the existing units would be awesome. I don't have any models or pics. Sorry. :/

Thanks for asking this, Imperator

for Vietnam War pack, I think the following could be very useful in scenarios building:

- Infantry fire support weapons (mortar teams, heavy MG teams, AT teams)
- Combat engineers (both as foot unit, i.e. infantry-like unit with 1 or 2 additional worker animation(s) and, US/allied special vehicles like armored buldozers or M728 CEV)

basically additional foot enginer animations could be:

-"dig/build" animation, using shovel as in "build road" animation in most workers
-"breach" anumation using some explosive device to blow forest, jungle or manufacts

Apart from possible use in Vietnam pack, these would really fill a gap as Yoda Power said

I found only this model for military buldozer
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=13fcdf33e0cf3efabff3b8b883ab202d&prevstart=0

and this one for 4.2 mortar
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b8ee7d3a46b160f839ce6922a66c7a3c&prevstart=0

I hope Soviet guerrillas will be included into the WW2 pack - example pic in the spoiler. Wear doesn't matter very much - as they often took anything they could take, weapon - rifle / SMG / MG / bomb with the ranged trigger (if it's possible to make the progression). I gave just examples of weapons, they just took anything (trophies as well), again.
Spoiler :

Thanks for asking this, Imperator

for Vietnam War pack, I think the following could be very useful in scenarios building:

- Infantry fire support weapons (mortar teams, heavy MG teams, AT teams)
- Combat engineers (both as foot unit, i.e. infantry-like unit with 1 or 2 additional worker animation(s) and, US/allied special vehicles like armored buldozers or M728 CEV)

basically additional foot enginer animations could be:

-"dig/build" animation, using shovel as in "build road" animation in most workers
-"breach" anumation using some explosive device to blow forest, jungle or manufacts

Apart from possible use in Vietnam pack, these would really fill a gap as Yoda Power said

I found only this model for military buldozer
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=13fcdf33e0cf3efabff3b8b883ab202d&prevstart=0

and this one for 4.2 mortar
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b8ee7d3a46b160f839ce6922a66c7a3c&prevstart=0

Well, I have made no mention in my first post but for each nation involved in both vietnam and ww2 there is at least a AT gun, a field gun a mortar team and a HMG, other than a AT unit like the british AT Boys fusil, or the italian and Hungarian Solothurn and PIAT, Bazooka, Panzerfaust and Panzerschrek.

The bulldozer is an interesting idea, and I will made it.

I hope Soviet guerrillas will be included into the WW2 pack - example pic in the spoiler. Wear doesn't matter very much - as they often took anything they could take, weapon - rifle / SMG / MG / bomb with the ranged trigger (if it's possible to make the progression). I gave just examples of weapons, they just took anything (trophies as well), again.
Spoiler :

I have in mind to add some units as partisans or guerrilla units, both with specific clothes or more generic.

Since you are using a different scale for your mechanical units than most other creators, I'd especially love to see more infantry from you :) If you could add basic infantry units for other major civilizations regarding the Vietnam War period (60s-70s), that would be both helpful and awesome. :)

Since you are using a different scale for your mechanical units than most other creators, I'd especially love to see more infantry from you :) If you could add basic infantry units for other major civilizations regarding the Vietnam War period (60s-70s), that would be both helpful and awesome. :)

For the next future I've in plan an Arab-Israeli Wars (48-Today) pack and a pack for South African Armies from Boer War to 70s-80s.

Well, I have made no mention in my first post but for each nation involved in both vietnam and ww2 there is at least a AT gun, a field gun a mortar team and a HMG, other than a AT unit like the british AT Boys fusil, or the italian and Hungarian Solothurn and PIAT, Bazooka, Panzerfaust and Panzerschrek.

The bulldozer is an interesting idea, and I will made it.

you are a Star !!!

Imperator, if you don't mind me asking what units are you planning on making for your armies of Vietnam pack?

Imperator, I don't feel like making requests, but I really want to wish you good luck and no troubles to you, your computer and your HDD before and after both packs are ready!

imperator, i don't feel like making requests, but i really want to wish you good luck and no troubles to you, your computer and your hdd before and after both packs are ready!

I second this! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Imperator, if you don't mind me asking what units are you planning on making for your armies of Vietnam pack?

The list is very huge, there are Australian and New Zealand units, French units, Us units, South Vietnam units, Vietminh, Vietcong and North Vietnam regular units.
And obiouvsly armoured and artillery units for each civ:
Centurion, M113, M110, M4A1, M48 Patton, M105, M1 howitzer, Bazooka, M3T19 howitzer, M5A1 Stuart, M8 HMC howitzer, M24 Chaffee, NVA ML-20 152 mm howitzer, B11 recoilles gun, BM 21 Grad, BTR 40, BTR 50, BTR 60, Katiuska, PT 76, RPG 7, SA missile, T34-85, T 55, T62, US LVPT07, M2A1 Flametrhower, M4A1, M42 Duster, M50 Ontos, M55 SP howitzer, M60a, M101 105 howitzer, M109 howitzer, M113 TOW, M114 Howitzer, M151 TOW, M551 Sheridan, MK19 Grenade Launcher.

Other these for each civ mortar, hmg, recoilles gun, bazooka or RPG.:D

All the units are just finished. I'working on tedious tasking to made the renderings, the palettes and the pediaicons.

I could suggest adding ISU-122 to NVA unit list. They used it at least until 2007, although I could not find any picture showing the camo used.

Top Bottom