Caveman 2 Cosmos

ok, winzip - same effect that i can't install.

It should be 7-Zip, and all you have to do is just unzip it, done, then place it in the mods folder. If that doesnt work, then you have a bad download.

3rd. Maybe it's because i'm currently at settler difficulty, but i didn't have enough time of hunting for getting a good supply of animals for buildings

I've solved this by editing a file to allow animals to spawn alongside barbarian units up to around the Medieval Age. It's Civ4ErasInfo.xml in Assets/XML/Gameinfo. Find the bNoAnimals tag for the eras and change it to 0 in the eras during which you want Animals to be spawned.

To the developers and talking about research speeds: I also set iTechCostModifier in each Era with 0, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150. So far (start of Modern, Eternity of course) it seems like a good change. Techs don't come too quickly as one advances rapidly in beakers per turn. Takes between 10 and 18 turns to research each tech for me (Deity diff) which feels like a good speed and not too fast (4 to 8 turns on my earlier attempts felt a bit fast)

Cheers.

6th. I played with archery bombardment in RoM/AND and even i activated the option for C2C, i still can manage to make appear the button for actually doing it.

7th. As soon as i got caravels, started to explore around... and islands got me some units i wasn't able to transport. Once again, maybe this is intended.

6. may be fixed in next release, I forgot to test it but I think SO has merged the fix in.

7. Caravels can only transport some special units. The units from goody islands are not of those types so will "teleport" to the nearest bit of land.

UPDATED: 25 Jun 11:00 am

New Rev/DCM
- 35 New Housing Buildings
- Added Arcology Upgrade Chain
- Moved Irrigation Channels to Irrigation Tech
- Minor Tweaks
- New dll, faster speeds
- New religion Sikh, plus some work alot better and have been tweaked
- New experimental changes also included

Hi could someone upload the Sikh religion files. I'd be interested in incorporating the religion art at the very least into my mod. The reason I'm politely asking someone to do this for me, is because my computer (at present), is running out of RAM, and therefore I don't know if I can download a large mod again...

So if someone could please upload the Sikh religion files I would be most grateful of your services. Thank you! :)

Hi could someone upload the Sikh religion files. I'd be interested in incorporating the religion art at the very least into my mod. The reason I'm politely asking someone to do this for me, is because my computer (at present), is running out of RAM, and therefore I don't know if I can download a large mod again...

So if someone could please upload the Sikh religion files I would be most grateful of your services. Thank you! :)

How many GB is your hard drive?

How many GB is your hard drive?

I'll have to tell you when I return home, but basically I'm getting a new computer in a month, but during that time I do not want to stress my computer by adding any new programs or download anything big, such as this mod. But a few files would be great, if you could give them to me :)

6. may be fixed in next release, I forgot to test it but I think SO has merged the fix in.

7. Caravels can only transport some special units. The units from goody islands are not of those types so will "teleport" to the nearest bit of land.

Fine with 6th, i really miss that feature.

About 7th. Yes, i know what happened... i just didn't feel right. Maybe goody islands should give prizes that can be transported by any ship. Just leaving a gatherer lost in some unknown land it's just like it's not a prize, but a loss.

I think i have remembered 9th. I know some ships, like caravels, can transport scouts and explorers... but wanderers and adventurers, which are the same unit type (recon), should also be allowed.

1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th done. Thank you.

Hi. I'm going to try this latest version, I'm sure my previous attempts were confuzzled by a) me, being a new-kid; b) a dubious DL..

Just one thing I note, this file has a Size: 956.7 MB, i'm sure my old c2c file size was well over 1GB (1.7?). Any reason worth noting?

Hi. I'm going to try this latest version, I'm sure my previous attempts were confuzzled by a) me, being a new-kid; b) a dubious DL..

Just one thing I note, this file has a Size: 956.7 MB, i'm sure my old c2c file size was well over 1GB (1.7?). Any reason worth noting?

It might have to do with taking out the extra leaderheads.

StrategyOnly forgot that Jainism is also back in this version;) The missionaries aren't the est but at least thy exist and I forgot to make them unlimited so i will need to load a patch soonish to fix that. Attached are both.

Well I just don't know.
I DLed the game, extracted the item with 7zip into a new folder (i created on desktop), dragged said folder into C/Prog/BtS/Mods.. booted game.. nadda..
Every boot just returns me to the normal game and screen, If I check the About This Build option it gives me the c2c build details.
Is there anything glaringly obvious that I have missed or done incorrectly that anyone can see or suggest?

BTW as the file is extracting I get this scrolling text:
0 cannot open output file c: prog files/firax.. etc etc
1 cannot open.....
2 cannot... on & on
So by the end of this 'extraction' I have 100% errors. Everytime. :cry:

Now before I say this, know that I've completely forgotten HOW to do this. But, for windows 7 users it is advised to remove all security settings that could be screwing up your attempt to install. I had to do it a long time ago but as I said, I've forgotten how.

StrategyOnly forgot that Jainism is also back in this version;) The missionaries aren't the est but at least thy exist and I forgot to make them unlimited so i will need to load a patch soonish to fix that. Attached are both.

Thank you kind sir! :hatsoff:

I don't need the missionary unit anyway, as I plan to make it a minor religion, but thank you again! :)

Well I just don't know.
I DLed the game, extracted the item with 7zip into a new folder (i created on desktop), dragged said folder into C/Prog/BtS/Mods.. booted game.. nadda..
Every boot just returns me to the normal game and screen, If I check the About This Build option it gives me the c2c build details.
Is there anything glaringly obvious that I have missed or done incorrectly that anyone can see or suggest?

BTW as the file is extracting I get this scrolling text:
0 cannot open output file c: prog files/firax.. etc etc
1 cannot open.....
2 cannot... on & on
So by the end of this 'extraction' I have 100% errors. Everytime. :cry:

If i read and understand correctly what you wrote, you MADE a folder on your desktop, then placed THAT folder in the mods folder area, correct? Well if that is so then whatever that folder is you need to extract from that folder Caveman2Cosmos and put THAT in the mods folder.

Any torrents for v13?

Nope sorry.

If i read and understand correctly what you wrote, you MADE a folder on your desktop, then placed THAT folder in the mods folder area, correct? Well if that is so then whatever that folder is you need to extract from that folder Caveman2Cosmos and put THAT in the mods folder.

Frikkin BINGO!! :goodjob:

And there she blows. Thanks S.O. and Thunderbrd, I turned off the permissions and did the extract tweak.
Funny into song, who is singing :lol:

One last thing (we all hopes eh), can I now switch the permissions back on or do they remain off everytime I play.
Cheers all! :):):):):):)

Top Bottom