Auto Avoid Growth

Archid

Warlord
Auto Avoid Growth

Synopsis
Automatically prevents a city from growing if it would become unhappy and/or unhealthy on the next turn or the city already is unhappy/unhealthy.

This is based on the Python mod by Platyping here. In order to easily see cities that were effected I moved it into the SDK so I could alter the city billboard on the main screen.

Download
The file is available for download at CF here

Gameplay
Two new Player Options are available from the main Options dialog allowing you to prevent growth of your cities if they will become unhappy or unhealthy following the growth.
Spoiler :

On the world screen the city size icon will change to a pale blue when a city is in this state, e.g. it has an equal number of happy/unhappy citizens, but it still has some room left in its growth bar.

Once the growth bar is full and the city was prevented from growing the previous turn the icon will turn to red text on a pale blue background.

On the city screen the food bar text will change to Avoiding Growth in blue if the city will be prevented from growing on the next turn.

Merging
The changes are pretty basic so it should be a relatively easy task to merge this into other mods.

All changed files are included in the download and modified lines are marked with AutoAvoidGrowth

Ah nice, just one issue though.
The color looks like viking color.

True, but in the dll code it is only the current teams cities that have their city bill board icon colour vary with the growth status so it shouldn't make too much difference. It is the same as when your cities are in growth when the green colour matches the Arabians.

Just spotted that I had uploaded a debug dll so have uploaded a new version. I have also updated the billboard text colours so that if the city is emphasizing avoiding growth the text will always be blue ... even when shrinking or stagnant. The background colour remains the same it is just the text with the city size that has changed.

Top Bottom