Better BAT AI

Liking the mod very much :) Anyway to disable that splash screen with the picture of the bat?

Liking the mod very much :) Anyway to disable that splash screen with the picture of the bat?
I'm glad you like the mod. :)

I can't remember just how to do it, but I'll check and post back.

-LM

@sourdiesel:

It's done by opening tha BATPop.py file in the assets\Python\Contrib folder in the mod folder and taking these lines:
Code:
def onGameStart(argsList):
    'Called at the start of the game'

# display mod's intro movie - Added - LM
    introMovie = CvIntroMovieScreen.CvIntroMovieScreen()
    introMovie.interfaceScreen()

and doing thusly:
Code:
def onGameStart(argsList):
    'Called at the start of the game'

# display mod's intro movie - Added - LM
#    introMovie = CvIntroMovieScreen.CvIntroMovieScreen()
#    introMovie.interfaceScreen()

Commenting out those two lines will do the trick. ;)

I found an odd bug. Consistently getting a crash when I try to regenerate map. After some testing where I changed the # of AI and most of the various settings, it seems that if I found my capitol on turn 1 before regenerating, it will regenerate the map once and then not give me the regenerate option again. After that it will crash if I alt tab, return to the main menu, or retire.

I think it's bbatai, as it's the only mod I have installed and I've never had this problem before, despite using the same regenerate map method.

The actions below recreated the crash every time for me:

Pangaea
Standard Map
Temperate Climate
Low Sea Level
Ancient Era
Normal Speed
Solid Shoreline
Torodial World Wrap
Balanced Resources

8 AIs, all random (including myself), Prince
New Random Seed, No Vassals/Tribal Villages/Random Events/Espionage.

Move warrior. Settler founds city. Regenerate Map. Repeat steps 1 and 2, and there's no regenerate map option.

P.S. Great job with the mod! Enjoying it immensely over default civ 4 (I'm aware you just merged two mods, but you deserve kudos nonetheless).

Heh heh heh, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

BTW, I make the BAT Mod. :p

I don't just merge, I'm a good cook, too. :lol:

Hi,

I love this mod and try to merge some new wonders. Works perfect, but I´ve seen, that the limit for World Wonders and National Wonder per city is 1. Where can I change it in the mod since there ist no GlobalDefines.xml? Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT: Sorry. Was easy. I just copied the GlobalDefines.xml in the Mod and changed the settings there. Works fine.

Good. I'm glad that you were able to sort it out. :)

Hi,

I´ve found a wrong translation in the mod (in the green box of the Screenshot). I but I was not able to find the right place, where I could fix it. Can you help me? Thanks.

Alrik

Hi,

I´ve found a wrong translation in the mod (in the green box of the Screenshot). I but I was not able to find the right place, where I could fix it. Can you help me? Thanks.

Alrik
That may not be in the mod itself, but I'll take a look to see if I can find it.

@Alrik2002:

The place you are looking for to fix the translation is in lines 159 and 167 in the file "CustDomAdv Options.XML". It's in the Assets\XML\Text folder.

I would appreciate it if you would share the translation with me so that I can fix it on my end, as well.

Thank you for your help. Of course I would share the translation. It´s quite simple. It has to be "Doppelte Kultur in 940 Jahren" for the example (changes are underlined). I would have send you the fixed file, but the file "CustDomAdv Options.XML" has only 98 lines in my version of the Better BAT AI. Are you sure with the file?

Thank you for your help. Of course I would share the translation. It´s quite simple. It has to be "Doppelte Kultur in 940 Jahren" for the example (changes are underlined). I would have send you the fixed file, but the file "CustDomAdv Options.XML" has only 98 lines in my version of the Better BAT AI. Are you sure with the file?
Whoops. In BBATAI the file is BULL_CvGameText.XML. It's in the same folder, and the same lines I mentioned. Sorry about that, and thank you for the fix. :)

Found it! Thanks. You´re welcome and the translation wasn´t a big effort.:)

As the maker of the Mod I´ve another question. I would like to use it in MP and Pitboss games too but I´ve read that some people say, that it causes OOS-Errors. Since now we´ve played only Next War-Mod and had many OOS-Errors too. Do you think the Mod will have much more OOS-Errors? Have you any idea which parts of the Mod are causing the OOS-Errors?

Thx.

Found it! Thanks. You´re welcome and the translation wasn´t a big effort.:)

As the maker of the Mod I´ve another question. I would like to use it in MP and Pitboss games too but I´ve read that some people say, that it causes OOS-Errors. Since now we´ve played only Next War-Mod and had many OOS-Errors too. Do you think the Mod will have much more OOS-Errors? Have you any idea which parts of the Mod are causing the OOS-Errors?

Thx.
We've had limited success with getting BAT to play nice with MP. Some people can get it to work, while others can't. The BUG boys worked on this for quite a while with no success. Officially, BAT is considered non MP compatible by us.

Being that this mod is almost entirely based on BAT, I don't think things will be much different with BBATAI. Sorry. :(

Hi,

I´ve had another error after trading some Gold with an AI.

Can you help me to fix it please?

And I´ve another question. I would like to change some things in the DLL. I´ve onle found the Dll for the 50civs but not all the files which are used for compiling. Where can I find these?

Thx

Hi,

I´ve had another error after trading some Gold with an AI.

Can you help me to fix it please?

And I´ve another question. I would like to change some things in the DLL. I´ve onle found the Dll for the 50civs but not all the files which are used for compiling. Where can I find these?

Thx
That looks like a BUG error to me. You might want to ask this question int the BUG forum where the BUG boys usually look. I don't do any coding for BUG, so it's all a mystery to me.

If you're looking for the source for BBATAI, it's here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4betterbatai/files/BBATAI-Source/

I have only one request: If you release a mod based on the DLL, please don't use the word BAT in the title. So many people get confused on where to find BAT and what BAT is, that I try to keep the confusion to a minimum. ;)

Top Bottom