Hulfgar's Modpack

Thanks, I will into this.
This is weird because I didn't touch the archer in any version, one the new units must overlap with them.

Hulfgar, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but after the new mod caused problems I deleted it and loaded the 9 Mod from your first post.

It now has a strange bug in that if the AI is talking to you, you can hear the words but there is no caption on the screen to see what they are saying. It makes for an interesting game when you can only guess what they are asking for- whether it is a declaration of war or an open border agreement.

It is no big deal as when you iron out the latest version I will reinstall it. Just odd in that I never had the difficulty before in version 9.

Whaaaat? I hope in this case you didn't fully delete ver 10.0 before running ver 9? I'll reinstall ver 9.2. and give it a try.

I now notice that when I go to load a saved game there is a red error message at the bottom of the load game screen warning "Not all required mods are installed".

Oh well- I'll get some work done today instead. :)

I now notice that when I go to load a saved game there is a red error message at the bottom of the load game screen warning "Not all required mods are installed".

Do you have one of the mods add ons spain/inca or polynesia in ver.1 installed ?
It seems that the bug with the saved games comes from those add ons.

Version 2 of the Polynesia add on should be compatible with ver 9.2 of the mod, the Spain/inca version 2 is not.

I will look into version 10 this evening.
With some luck the bug lies in the new file for the tank destroyers.

Hulfgar,

I'm taking a hiatus from civilization for some time. 9.2 has always been stable for me, and I've enjoyed it greatly. I'm projecting a return around Hulfgar's 15.0 :)

I would be happy to stop by in a week if you really want my opinion on Skyrim.

Thanks for the great mod!

The bug with the Archer has been corrected.
Just to explain it : the Tank destroyer that I used for England is named "Archer", it's graphic files had the same name has the unit Archer.
As a result both units were mixed in one and because the animations are not compatible the game crashed if fighting.

So to correct it I have replaced the tank destroyer archer with the M10 "Achilles".
The new version is ver 10.1 and ready to download here.

Thanks for pointing this bug out and sorry for overseeing this :blush:

Bslade thanks for the support and yes I am interested with your opinion on Skyrim.
I am a fan of the Elder Scrolls serie but I don't have a lot of time left to play so I would have a "player" opinion before buying it :)

Version 15 will take some time to come out : first i want to play again a whole Civ 5 game ! :)
But yes I will look into the China issue, ideas on how to do it are welcome :)

Hello Dadaloglu,

yes I have not forgotten it.

I will work on it starting tomorrow, it should go fast, I just need to find a file with the vanilla settings :)

...I just need to find a file with the vanilla settings :)

In case you need a reminder:

After you extract the PAK files using the Nexus Script Browser, you'll find the civ5artdefines files for vanilla, babylon, and spain/inca in [game folder]\resource\Common and the other DLCs' artdefines are in [game folder]\assets\DLC\DLC_0?\Units

Thanks Nutty this will save me some time.

By the way could somebody give me the tag for the viking civ from the DLC (i suppose it is civilization_viking but I want to be sure).

I may make an add on for this civ using the scandinavian units from Danrell for the people with this DLC (I don't have it).

Great looking mod, good work, and all that. However, I am experiencing problems. For some of the resource buildings (Steel Foundry and Oil Refinery were the ones I noticed), the game allows me to build them, and, when they are built, deducts the required resources, but I do not get any of the resources they are supposed to be giving me. This is rather a shame, since it becomes difficult to run the late game without steel or refined oil.

Other civs seem to be receiving these resources (that is, some civs show as having them in diplomacy, and I can trade for them and receive them), so I wonder if this is a bug, or if I am just missing something. I am running it downloaded from the game's downloader, and my OS is Windows 7, if that makes any difference, and I have tried deleting the cache (My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache), but that didn't help.

As I said, if I could just work this problem out, this would be a great mod. Any help appreciated.

Hello Newtkeeper,

can you post me a saved game, if I can load it it may help.

Do you have other mods enabled?
Which DLC do you have installed?

Dadaloglu here is the file you need to reset the scale of the units to the vanilla settings :

Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers

Unpack the file, copy it in the mod's folder in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack (No DLC) ver 10.1 (v 10)\Xml

Overwrite the old Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml file.

This will work with ver 10.1 of the mod, perhaps with 9.2 as well but not sure.

If you find any bug don't hesitate to tell me.

Thank you Hulfgar but unfortunately it doesn't working,i'm sure i'm doing everything right,but it doesn't change anything,i'll be grateful if you look into it again :)

Hello Newtkeeper,

can you post me a saved game, if I can load it it may help.

Do you have other mods enabled?
Which DLC do you have installed?

Here is an uploaded save file. However, I have started a number of different games, and encountered the same problem in each. I have certainly been trying this with no other mods enabled- that was of course my first thought. There is no DLC installed, unless you count the Mongol campaign that came with the game when I bought it. As a matter of fact, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my copy of Civ5, and it hasn't made a difference.

Attachments

• Game1.Civ5Save
    672.5 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom