Struggling to win deity domination before VI

playshogi

Emperor
This is my best effort so far after Turn 183, I've captured 4 AI capitals, but after reading another thread, I'm several techs short of dynamite. I detoured 2 techs (13 turns) towards navigation, because I think taking Arabia will be easier with frigates. Plus, I just had my level 3 spy killed costing me 9 more turns of tech.

Mistakes, I lost too many units, including my starting warrior in a worker steal attempt (lost the worker, too), but I didn't rage quit like normal. And, I didn't explore the map very well, by turn 114, I'd only met 4(!) city states. They all seem to be clustered on the other side of the AIs. I shouldn't have kept Rabat (but it seemed a good idea to keep at the time) and I lost control of happiness, currently 12 in the hole.

My plan from this point: research Navigation and build frigates. Capture and raze Nicea and move my crossbows to attack Mecca from the west. Capture and raze the size 23 city north of Mecca and send a few crossbows that way towards Mecca and maybe bombard Mecca with frigates, too. Capture Mecca with Caravel. But before I can do any of this, finish commerce to put my happy house in order, but that delays the attack by 20 turns or so and my crossbows might become obsolete.

I think the game is still winnable, but how would you approach it?

Attachments

• Wu Zetian_0184 AD-1240.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 135
That's one hell of a bad Pangea.

You don't have powerful coastal cities so the frigate detour is a bad idea. On the other hand your pangea is just weird .

Overall it's your economic development that is not good. You have no guild so very few policies and too many cities putting you in too low happiness. You probably shouldn't have made more than 3 and razed Rabat. I don't really know how to salvage that game. You could try going to Industrialization or Radio to get the Ideology and save your happiness. You can play with Chu Ko nu a bit further against Arabia but they won't get you further than that.

You need Artillery but you are 30 turns behind in tech so you may not have a window before bombers instead. You have not worked universities for a long time so you don't have GS either.

Try the ideology route or try a better map would be my advice :/

Make zoos too I guess. And why are you still locked on food tiles when you are at -12 ?

Top Bottom