Civ 5 Confirmed Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was strongly against religion when it was announced as a feature in Civ 4, but I've gotten to like it. I'm going to miss it. I hope it gets re-introduced in a mod or expansion.

Espionage was never implemented well in any iteration of the game. Glad to see it go.

The screenshots are also appealing. Civ4, at least when it was first introduced, had a cartoony look and seemed less mature, thematically, than its predecessors (especially Gandhi and Cleo!). This one seems to be aimed towards a more mature audience. The few shots I've seen of leaderheads look much more refined and less stylized.

From the 1up review:
Clicking on the notification then brings you right to where said event (a victorious battle, a devastating loss, a dying worker) occurred
Could we say confirmation of the worker unit?

From the 1up review:
Could we say confirmation of the worker unit?

There is a pic of one in the new screenshots, I'll be updating it with info from those shots tonight when i get home

I believe that article's already been mentioned. By the way, welcome to CFC DanesiKahn! :D

I hope they keep corporations.

I wish they kept Religion, and actually added more too it, having them splinter off into smaller denominations.

I hope they keep corporations.

I wish they kept Religion, and actually added more too it, having them splinter off into smaller denominations.

I am hoping for a very much improved corporation system. :)

I didn't care when they took religion, but I will be pissed if they take Corps out... :nuke:

Here's a pic were you see Dennis Shirk in front of a computer with a screenshot of Civilization V, with the interface.. Not the best pic but you'll get a picture of what it's going to be like

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/0/0/2/0/2/8/a_med_Dennis_Shirk_Civ_V_Producer.jpg.jpg

EDIT: Small pic I got there, want it bigger? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/civilization-v-interview?page=2

That is a great picture. If you go to the gallery you can see it again and zoom in. This is the first picture I have seen that includes units with flags to show there nation. It also likely shows that you might start with a warrior, due to the fact that Jasmine (the foreign advisor) is referencing to it on the first turn (No cities, Year 4000 BC, turn zero).

I rezied it in paint if you guys don't bother to visit the gallery
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civilization5.jpg
    Civilization5.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 248
Hello, I am yet another Civilization fan, who has just registered on this site. Anyway, to discuss the topic, I hope and think that the 18th civilization is the Spanish. The game has both the Aztecs and the Inca, it just wouldn't make sense not to include the civilization that fought (and destroyed) them both. Also, other opinions:

Hex tiles: Being an Age of Wonders fan, I like this.

City states: I like this too.

Songhai: Although I'd rather see a more famous civilization, it is nice of Firaxis to bring out "forgotten" but once mighty empires into the spotlight.

Other civilizations: All fine.

Leaders: Wu Zetian is a really odd choice for a leader, apparently only included because she is female. If you really do want a minimum number of female leaders, this isn't the best way to do it. I'd also rather see Saladin than Al-Rashid, but it doesn't really bother me that much.

No religion and espionage: Neither of those mechanics were really interesting in Civilization IV. I much prefer the new, advanced diplomacy system they're introducing.

Civilization tree: A natural evolution of civics, just as the civic system was a natural evolution of governments.

Ranged units: Finally.

I've updated it with the info from the new screenshots

I've updated it with the info from the new screenshots
You still see those 17 civs as confirmed playable civs?

You still see those 17 civs as confirmed playable civs?

At the moment yes I do, however, like the Vikings it is subject to change at a later date

I rezied it in paint if you guys don't bother to visit the gallery
Spoiler :

Dang. That Jasmine looks pretty hot for a Civ adviser. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom