Information Drought?

When the shadow image of Maria came out, somebody took only a few minutes to find out the pillars were on some Portuguese building, lol.
But people thought the hair was a turban, so the initial thought was Moors.

I guessed Portugal (due to the architecture), but I've honestly never heard of Maria I.

Yeah, Portugal was a pretty solid, easy guess based on the architecture, but as for the leader....

Yeah I guessed Maria exactly

You guessed Maria exactly? wow

I like that idea. Although I suspect it'll either be quick or slow. It'll either be a famous song associated with a civ or something made up that's related to the civ.

This is the one I hope that they do, I love music from all eras, and I think it'd be quite fun to guess a civ based on a snippet of their soundtrack! :goodjob:

Based purely off of pictures Maria of Portugal is the closest I can see resemblance wise but even then you can't really tell

Spoiler :

Ahhh, there it is! wow, thats pretty good

Really just a guess though. I also later on guessed some other leaders that were not even close when doubts started to creep in when a debate arose over the gender of Maria's shadow by some people

("the gender of the shadow" - i'm just realizing how much we over-analyze things here)

Really just a guess though. I also later on guessed some other leaders that were not even close when doubts started to creep in when a debate arose over the gender of Maria's shadow by some people

("the gender of the shadow" - i'm just realizing how much we over-analyze things here)

:lol:

In all seriousness though, that scepter was a pretty good clue that you were spot on.

i dont think they will hint a civ with music because i dont think they have made the music yet.
the footage of brasil hade the spanish theme and zulu hade the songhai theme.
but otherwise its a good idea.

i dont think they will hint a civ with music because i dont think they have made the music yet.
the footage of brasil hade the spanish theme and zulu hade the songhai theme.
but otherwise its a good idea.

They could give us a clip of the song that the theme music is based on rather than the finished recording as it will sound in-game.

Of course, it also depends when they do it. If we're talking about the hint to reveal one of the last two Civs, it could conceivably happen quite late, by which point you would hope they'd done (or at least written!) the music.

I'm not sure we would get a musical hint soon, but I do hope we get one (hint hint, devs, if you're reading this...)

I imagine any lack of game magazine coverage will be compensated for by more direct engagement with the community from 2K reps, or developer diaries, seeing as the Firaxis website has that section now.

They could easily tide everyone over by talking about small stuff like new national wonders, upgraded/fixed graphics, minor UI enhancements, showing off the new general buildings they've only talked about. Plenty of stuff besides the major civs.

If we get another civ confirmation, I bet it will be the "semi-suspected" Morocco. The ones we have been left on the dark on we have been left in the dark on

I really don't want anything like the shadows they gave us, because I don't like guessing. I just want straight forward info, because guessing makes me nervous. I think they could release most of the ideology stuff this week, and maybe reveal a few more CS to disprove certain civ theories. I would be thrilled for instance, if someone spotted Venice.

I think we will get new info this week :yup:

I don't think we will get anything new this week. The game magazines are all in mid cycle. They are probably doing more interviews and the like right now and their articles will come out in the middle of May.

If 2K does release more info this week, it would almost certainly be a teaser like the shadows and done via Facebook and Twitter.

The final leader/civ for Gods & Kings expansion Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden was revealed 21st of April 2012, so by this time last year we knew almost everything about G&K. Since the release date of Brave New World is a couple weeks later (July 12, 2013), I am guessing we will have all nine Civs confirmed around May 15th. That would be exactly two months since the announcement of the expansion and two months until the release date (as happened with G&K). :)

But yeah, it has been pretty quite. I think we haven't had nearly as many screenshots as we had with the last expansion. At least I haven't had a chance to participate any of good' ol screenshot analysis. It would be nice to get a shot of some new unique unit and start to analyze on that. :)

But yeah, it has been pretty quite. I think we haven't had nearly as many screenshots as we had with the last expansion. At least I haven't had a chance to participate any of good' ol screenshot analysis. It would be nice to get a shot of some new unique unit and start to analyze on that. :)

There's always the mysterious barbarian tomahawk unit, but not much as come from that.
Finally, we have the fluffiness of the trees to discuss!!! :crazyeye:

But yeah, I expect we won't be hearing any news for a couple of weeks, possibly only the confirmation of Morocco since that slipped out, and that's it. The last civilizations are going to be really dark horses, so they will want to keep them a surprise for as long as possible.

They still have to show us the Ideology system, along side the new Social Policies, but the other new systems seem taken care of for now. They might also show us the new scenarios a bit, although people have been cracking the American Civil War for a while now.
So really, they will probably stretch this out as much as they can, to hype the game (and give us enough time to speculate :p).

G&K was announced February 12th (unless I'm mistaken) so thats 2 months and 9 days from annoucement until they revelead the 9th civ. So, the 9th civ of BNW should be revealed May 24th if they use the exact same schedule.

Theres plenty of stuff to show between now and then and even after Sweden was revealed they kept releasing new screenshots and details of new units and systems so there will be a trickle of information up til release.

I cant remember the intervals between the civ reveals with G&K, could probably compare and see what dates are likely for new reveals.

There's always the mysterious barbarian tomahawk unit, but not much as come from that.
Finally, we have the fluffiness of the trees to discuss!!! :crazyeye:

But yeah, I expect we won't be hearing any news for a couple of weeks, possibly only the confirmation of Morocco since that slipped out, and that's it. The last civilizations are going to be really dark horses, so they will want to keep them a surprise for as long as possible.

They still have to show us the Ideology system, along side the new Social Policies, but the other new systems seem taken care of for now. They might also show us the new scenarios a bit, although people have been cracking the American Civil War for a while now.
So really, they will probably stretch this out as much as they can, to hype the game (and give us enough time to speculate :p).

I'm hoping they gonna do another new demo that shows off 3 other new civs, World Congress, show us the other two wonders, and show us the new policy trees + ideology trees.

I'm hoping they gonna do another new demo that shows off 3 other new civs, World Congress, show us the other two wonders, and show us the new policy trees + ideology trees.

I seriously doubt they'll show off that much new stuff all at once, but I certainly wouldn't be complaining if they did. I just hope we get some new information this week - if nothing else I'd quite like to see some screenshots which show Zulu cities, as I'm interested to see if they've introduced a new art style for the (sub-Saharan) African civs.

It'd also be good to know for certain whether or not Morocco is a full civ, or if the city-state alteration theory still holds water or not...

Top Bottom