Announcing BUFFY

Hi,
Though I am playing Civ IV for a while, I am new to BUFFY. I wanted to give a try on GOTM and stumbled on it. I am amazed to see this marvel!!
Glad you like it.
bivision said:
Just I have one request; Is it possible to see the espionage point delta of AIs or AI espionage points in logging file? Any other MOD available the does it?
That is a good suggestion and something that we can add in time. I don't think other mods have a separate logger so it will be BUG or nothing. BUFFY includes BUG.
bivision said:
Or a little guidance on how to MOD it will be really helpful. For e.g. Can it be done with only Python edit, or I have to edit cpp files and compile new dll? (I have little experience in modding flow; did merging of Civ Colonization JTradeRoute mod for the 1.01 patch, but that needed hardly any coding)
It would be all python. Look in the logger python files for examples, especially the 'AI change civics' part. We have all of the logger text in xml for multi-language support.
bivision said:
The reason I am requesting this is, after an AI espionage on my territory, if the AI name is not revealed, still I can make a good guess by seeing whose espionage point dropped instead of rising. This info is anyway available if I painfully track AI espionage points per turn, so not asking for revealing more info than what is already there.
This is the very reason I added that 2nd page - if you look on the turn they perform their espionage, you should be able to figure out who did it to you.

This is the very reason I added that 2nd page - if you look on the turn they perform their espionage, you should be able to figure out who did it to you.

I don't think this is available in BUFFY as you added this feature fairly recently. :(

I don't think this is available in BUFFY as you added this feature fairly recently. :(
good point - when are those lazy so-and-so's going to release an updated BUFFY?

Thanks ruff_hi, will checkout BUG mod and also will eagerly wait for next BUFFY release including it. If your espionage page gives the data, that is good enough.

Also check out BAT which combines BUG and BULL (both in BUFFY) and other goodies in one easy-to-install package like BUFFY.

Also check out BAT which combines BUG and BULL (both in BUFFY) and other goodies in one easy-to-install package like BUFFY.
And it's a good source of dietary fiber!

Well, ok, not really, but it is a lot of fun. ;)

If the new version of Bat includes Bull, I am confused why I don't remember it asking me to change my DLL file.

If the new version of Bat includes Bull, I am confused why I don't remember it asking me to change my DLL file.

BAT's a stand-alone mod. it has its own DLL file. (and BULL has been in BAT for quite some time)

Correct, because BAT is a full-fledged mod that lives in its own folder under the Mods folder, it can have its own DLL. BUG installs to CustomAssets which BTS does not check for a DLL, thus BULL must either go in its own folder like BAT or into the game's core Assets folder, replacing the original.

Hey ruff - any chance of BUFFY getting a facelift (i.e., latest bug/bull features) ?

kossin asked about this over on the sgotm forum so I thought I'd post the same here.

Anybody out there? :) This forum has been quiet for a while. I hope you guys (and gal) aren't all working on V.

yes - we are discussing it very slowly. RL keeps getting in the way.

Same. I've had very little time to work on BUG at all lately. :( Rest assured this is just a lull, like hibernation.

yep - EF and I have stuffed a big bunch of grass and stuff up our neither regions and we are hibernating.
Spoiler :
Is that over-sharing?

yep - EF and I have stuffed a big bunch of grass and stuff up our neither regions and we are hibernating.

Oh dear, did I leave the webcam on again? :blush:

So back to my question of 12/23/09 :) - Is BUFFY ever going to be brought up to date?

why does Buffy not save settings, thus requiring to run is as an admin? i notice no other game or mod suffers this issue.

why does Buffy not save settings, thus requiring to run is as an admin? i notice no other game or mod suffers this issue.
If you're using Windows 7 or Vista, you need to run Civ4 as an Admin. Civ4/BTS normally installs into a protected user folder on those versions of Windows, and it requires Admin privileges to write to those folders. It's a Windows thing, not Buffy.

If you want to get around this, reinstall the game into a standard folder on your hard drive, like "\Games\" for instance. Not the User folders. :)

Top Bottom