The Third World War 1989

Indeed, C.
And may those ponies be hung, drawn and quartered.
So, Gapetit, Brazilians as promised:

Attachments

• Tanelorn Brazil 1980s.png
    Tanelorn Brazil 1980s.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 691
Uffff :crazyeye: Very good gifts T. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I've been watching old scenarios to locate the Chaco War, and I have found Greek war of Independence (GWOI) by Kyriakos Chalkopoulos. Soon I'll get to make a ToT. I hope you like it.

Late cold war India
People's Republic of Korea and just Republic of Korea next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn India.png
    Tanelorn India.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
These look awesome, Tanelorn! And I certainly look forward to Koreans more up to date than in my KW scenario. I mean, the '50's look can't last forever... ;)

Thanks Pat.
Meanhile, some Pakistani Navy Special Service Group (SSGN) commandos, late 80s

Attachments

• Tanelorn Paki Navy Cdos.png
    Tanelorn Paki Navy Cdos.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 679
Thanks Techumseh and Gapetit. I keep finding out stuff. I mean, Indian and Pakistani units share colours and traditions because they derive from mixed units in the British Indian army. Didn't know that.

The Indian counterpart to the SSGN are the 1986 Indian Marine Special Forces (IMSF), abbreviated to MCF Marine Commando Force in 1991 and generally known as the MARCOS (marine commandos)
Despite their (Soviet Naval Infantry like) black uniform, they were modelled after and trained by the US Navy Seals.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Indian IMSF Marines.png
    Tanelorn Indian IMSF Marines.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 653

India's Special Frontier Force is its primary counter-insurgency/ counter-terrorist unit. Numbering at times between 8000 and 12000, they are made up of Tibetan opponents of the PRC. They were trained by the US and actually raided into China in the 60s and 70s. They are stationed on the Sino-Indian border. SG is the couter-terrorist splinter formation that also includes Nepalese. They wear Indian standard para DPM uniforms since 1989.
They use AKMs instead of FALs.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Indian SFF SG.png
    Tanelorn Indian SFF SG.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 717

Democratic People's Republicof Korea, People's Army infantry and Worker Peasant's Red Guard militia. Special forces and political officers next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1989 DPRK Infantry.png
    Tanelorn 1989 DPRK Infantry.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 720
Looking great, Tanelorn! And the political officers are ones are ones who have to really watch out for! They'll not only zealously fight like tigers for the Supreme Leader against all enemies, they'll also mark disloyal soldiers who should be fed to the dogs and other such fates...

Thanks again G!
North Korean Peoples Army special forces. The Type 73 is a PKM clone that also takes Bren style magazines, the sniper has a Yugo M76 clone, the Jeogyeok-Bochong. The goofy 80s camo is real, check it.

Attachments

• Tanelorn NKPA Special Forces.png
    Tanelorn NKPA Special Forces.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 674
Don't underestimate the power of strong Doejang and fiery Kimchi, comrade. They will fart themselves across the sea, of course.
Seriously now, I doubt the JDF would be able to oppose them, without significant US help if they actually did.

The JDF being brought up reminds me. When you get a moment and feel in a more "armoured" mood (no big rush on this), is there any chance of a modern Japanese Type 90 and (I believe I'd hinted at it earlier) an Iranian Zulfaqur? I'm pretty sure that other than those two, I imagine I could almost anything else I could realistically need (as tanks go) from other current, standing graphics compilations.

Top Bottom