WW2 Unit Graphics

Hehe! I too, am a greybeard - I think it goes with the wargamer territory...! :)

BTW - Tootall, those workpads of Gareth's are amazing! :D
Hats off to you both...!

I had hit a sort of brickwall in regards to unit layout, even with 126 units, which actually gave
me too much to choose from...But these files are good inspiration and so much variety...And
a few unseen units hidden in there, like the Zundapp and sidecar...Highly recommended GFX!

Where?

[party]:band::banana::thanx:
Question, the US destroyer next to the Pensacola, is that a Fletcher, a Sumner or a Gearing? Could be either, methinks...

That's a Fletcher iirc.

Here's a copy of the ships file with missing ship names filled in:

Attachments

• ww2 ships work on.png
    ww2 ships work on.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,288
A Fletcher, huh? One of just 4 survivors just so happens to be parked just a stroll down from my place...
Spoiler :

That would be cool if someone one day took on a Chaco War scenario!

Sort of. The Polish TKS is a Carden Loyd with an enclosed cabin. There is a Bren carrier also...

Hopefully this may be helpful for those who design British/Commonwealth units and are sticklers for historical accuracy:

More interwar-WW2 era infantry

Armies of the Chaco War, 1932 - 1934

Iran and Iraq 1940s, Wavell's war (Anglo-Iraqi war)

The Italian puppet state.

Iran again, more detail:

I was looking into Iraqi stahlhelm use and I found this:
http://nuke.combat-helmets.com/IraqiFedayeen/tabid/100/Default.aspx
It stinks of hoax, I say.

Afghanistan in German uniforms and m18 helmets from the 30s to the 70s

Another potty helmet. Unlike the WW1 surplus m18s of all the above, they went straight to the m35 nazi horsehockybucket and have stuck with it ever since. And their uniform is "prussian". Right. :crazyeye:

Colombia 1940s

Attachments

• Tanelorn WW2 Extras.png
    Tanelorn WW2 Extras.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 994
  • Tanelorn Chaco War 1932 1934.png
    Tanelorn Chaco War 1932 1934.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 928
  • Tanelorn Iran Iraq 1940.png
    Tanelorn Iran Iraq 1940.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 900
  • Tanelorn WW2 Albania.png
    Tanelorn WW2 Albania.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 939
  • Tanelorn Iran 1940.png
    Tanelorn Iran 1940.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 999
  • Tanelorn Kingdom of Afghanistan.png
    Tanelorn Kingdom of Afghanistan.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 985
  • Tanelorn Chile 1937.png
    Tanelorn Chile 1937.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Tanelorn Colombia 1940.png
    Tanelorn Colombia 1940.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 977
Ecuadorian–Peruvian War of 1941
While the world was occupied ith WW2 they were at each other's throats.
Each accused the other of invasion. Peru pushed the Ecuadorians back, deep into Ecuador. They were at it again in 1981 and 1995.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Peru Ecuador 1941 war.png
    Tanelorn Peru Ecuador 1941 war.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 905
Secretly, those were the three "Wars of the Inca Succession," Tanelorn. ;)

Ah, the old Inca Empire. Unlike many people in North America and Europe, I actually always found the Inca far more interesting and fascinating than the Aztecs or Maya. I may take up an Inca scenario one of these days, though I believe I only possess a whopping total of two ToT units for Inca (or for any real pre-Columbian Andean civ's), made by Jim Panse a number of years ago, though MAYBE some of the old, old Sacred Blood units could be updated (especially the funky "Nazca balloon").

Sure, I could do that.
We could have a unit request thread pinned up there, not to loose track of what people might need/ ask for their scenarios. I admit as get older :rolleyes: , I tend to forget. Moderators might help?

Brazil home service, as opposed to the US equiped Brazilian Expeditionary force in Europe had Adrian helmets and hats.
Belgium as of my Blandford source wore a brownish version of the green French uniform

Venezuela, Vicente Gomez era US surplus uniform. Potential prime Axis target with all that oil.

Another Turk -with the Austrian style cap- and Japan's eager ally, Thailand.

Any info on the colour of the interwar, pre-aunsluss Austrian uniform would be appreciated...

Attachments

• Tanelorn Brazil Belgium 1940.png
    Tanelorn Brazil Belgium 1940.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 861
  • Tanelorn Venezuela 1935.png
    Tanelorn Venezuela 1935.png
    3 KB · Views: 943
  • Tanelorn WW2 Turkey Thailand.png
    Tanelorn WW2 Turkey Thailand.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 849
Thanks Gapetit. Hope you will find them useful in your projects.

Well, Patine, here is the thing. I dont want to sound pessimistic but I am a bit sceptical about pre-Colombian units because, as I remember Gareth had made a bunch of really briliant Aztecs more than a decade ago and they ended up in exactly 0 scenarios in the span of 10 years. Like people avoid the conquest of the Americas. To be fair, smallpox was the deciding factor and I cant think of a practical way to simulate disease in civ2 (a conquistador allied AI civ that missle-attacks natives at random?)

civ2units was working on a conquest of the new world scenario back in the day though, wasn't he?

I could be wrong, it is late and I am tired...

Actually, the Spanish conquest wasn't quite what I had in mind. I was more thinking the rise of the Inca, starting from the days of the Manco siblings, and perhaps "fading to black with ominous omens" or some such before Pizarro arrives. I was planning to focus it entirely on the rise and achievements of the Inca. I hope that would clear up my intents.

I must apologize, Curt. After having the Korean War scenario being my official Civ2 project for literally years, and it now only being a few tweaks away from completion, I must admit I'm likely a bit "overwhelmed" by the imminent free choice of being at a loose end for a project, which I haven't really been in Civ2 for a long time. Thus, I realize I will have to make a hard choice and settle down to one project to it's completion. The issue is choosing one, as I've developed quite the wish list. I will consider this seriously Curt before asking for a lot of assets for my next project.

Top Bottom