Korean War Revisited

How can I make that research a higher priority

I'm assuming you already tried fiddling with the Ai Value in @Civilize. What value did you assign to this tech? A value of 8 would make it the highest priority.

@gapetit and minipow01

I'll tinker around with both ideas. I admit I had completely forgotten about using the AI value of a tech. It has actually rarely come up as being needed in most of my past scenarios.

One final question that should do it for this scenario. Does an "or' instead of an "and" between two "if's" work in the macro event language as it is? I'd like to set it so the North Korean Guerillas, complete with an announcement text, happens if the North Koreans research the requisite technology OR a certain turn hits, whichever comes first, but not both. Does anyone know if this can be done?

I add the macro instructions explaining how to connect the different orders. Hope this can help you.

Attachments

• Macro.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 126
One final question that should do it for this scenario. Does an "or' instead of an "and" between two "if's" work in the macro event language as it is? I'd like to set it so the North Korean Guerillas, complete with an announcement text, happens if the North Koreans research the requisite technology OR a certain turn hits, whichever comes first, but not both. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Hi Patine,

It's not entirely clear what you want to do here, e.g. is it that once one of the two conditions is met that you want to start generating random number of guerrilla units per turn, or that you simply want to allow the North Koreans to start being able to build guerrilla units in their cities once they've either developed the technology or after reaching a specific turn?

In any case, the 'or' is not a code word that can be used in the macro language. You need to use masks.

Here is an example that will randomly generate guerrilla units once one of the two conditions is met:

@IF
RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY
technology=x ; where x equals the number of the requisite technology in the rules.txt file
receiver=North Korea
@THEN
Flag
Continuous
Who=North Korea
State=On
Flag=0 ; where FLAG 0 is set to state ON
@ENDIF

@IF
TURN
turn=x ; where x equals the turn number
@THEN
Flag
Continuous
Who=North Korea
State=On
Flag=1 ; where FLAG 1 is set to state ON
@ENDIF

@IF
CheckFlag
Who=North Korea
Mask=0b00000000000000000000000000000011 ; mask using the binary method
Count=1; where either FLAG 0 or 1 are set to ON
State=On
@THEN
JUSTONCE
Flag
Continuous
Who=North Korea
State=On
Flag=2 ; where FLAG 2 is set to state ON
TEXT
The citizens of the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea rise up in arms to repel the foreign imperialistic invaders.
ENDTEXT
@ENDIF

NOTE: You can also use the hexadecimal method for mask. In the example above the value would be: Mask=0x3

@IF
CheckFlag
Who=North Korea
Flag=2
State=ON
@AND
RANDOMTURN
denominator=x ; where x equals the number of random turns you want the units to be generated on
@THEN
CREATEUNIT
unit=Guerrilla
count=x ; where x equals the number of units you want to create
owner=North Korea
veteran=no
homecity=none
Randomize
locations
x,x
x,x
x,x
x,x
endlocations
@ENDIF

Thank-you, tootall. You've both answered my question and pointed directly to a very workable solution!

This Pedia.txt file is taking forever to get done, and, frankly, I'm not really certain just what to say about certain units, improvements, Wonders, and especially techs (given most of the last type are pretty much functional). Would anyone be upset if I skipped that for now and just got the scenario out as soon as possible, and maybe made a full one later. I mean, I know the recent SCW scenario and many later Techumseh have full Pedia.txt files filled out, but Curt's recent release WoB was well received without seemingly having one. What do you people say, as, at least initially, the people posting here will be the ones playing it, realistically?

I don't think a full pedia is necessary when people can just Google or Wikipedia things they are interested in. To be honest the only reason I included one for SCW is because I had some time to kill on night shifts and most of the content is copy/pasted from Wikipedia anyway. A pedia is a bonus but certainly not a requirement IMHO.

Okay, I think it's about done. I'll give it a quick playtest of my own, mostly to make sure certain mechanics actually work properly, and then it should be ready for release. If I e-mail it to you, McMonkey, when I'm convinced the newly added mechanics work, can you post it on the SL (that wiki doesn't like me for some reason; in fact, I seem to need an indirect link to even access it; trying directly from the link on these forums always gives me an error)?

So, I've just e-mailed what I sincerely hope is the final release of this scenario to McMonkey to post on the Scenario League (as that Wiki just hates me). So, hopefully, when he receives it and gets a free moment it'll be available to all!

Does anyone know how to get in contact with St. Leo? I can see that he does maintenance on the SL Wiki from time to time and I need his help retreiving Patine's account/password/access to edit wiki. I have searched for him on Civ Fanatics with no luck. Any ideas guys?

Thanks Tech. I will give that a go. Do you happen to know anyone else who would be in the know about administrating the wiki? Patine can't get into his account and I'm struggling to work out how to allow new members to join (with a new e-mail). I recall someone blocking new users to prevent spammers, but I can't for the life of me find the page to remove the code.

Okay, for the nonce, is there anyone with a current SL account and whose e-mail server allows an incoming attachment of more than 2.4mb who can PM me that address so I can send my .zip file with this scenario? I'm willing to bet the reason I can't send it to McMonkey is because gmail accounts don't allow their users to receive that big of an attachment in one e-mail.

Alright, looks like McMonkey got it posted on the SL Wiki. Just a note - it looks like there's no "new scenarios" link on the homepage, so just click on the Atomic category. It also still is listed in it's previous label as an "Alpha." I have faith McMonkey will clean up these two things when he has some spare time *nudge wink no pressure* So, please give it a try every, let me know what you think, and, if you find any bugs I may have missed in my last playtest, please let me know.

Top Bottom