TSG121 After Action

(they attacked me but my spies warned me)

Are those spy warnings actually real ? Or just a little addition allowing you to share this "information" with others but kind of meaningless otherwise.

I have had my spies tell me so much crap of whom she would be plotting against including myself. I didnt have a military though, 3 archers and a spear is everything i had till a military CS gave me a marine. I didnt take the spies too serious, and i was never attacked. (i only made some 30 turn deals with her to discourage war)

Are those spy warnings actually real ? Or just a little addition allowing you to share this "information" with others but kind of meaningless otherwise.

I have had my spies tell me so much crap of whom she would be plotting against including myself. I didnt have a military though, 3 archers and a spear is everything i had till a military CS gave me a marine. I didnt take the spies too serious, and i was never attacked. (i only made some 30 turn deals with her to discourage war)

When your spies tell you that Maria has launched a sneak attack against Washington and she has tonnes of units, I'd take heed. I tried to get some defensive pacts, but no-one was interest for any amount of money...that perhaps was also a sign that it was real. I messed up by mis-judging when to strike. I wanted as many units in the water as possible, Maria declared first and landed some units back on her island which made things sticky when I came to invade. The worst is when the AI uses frigates/galleasses inside their cities to bombard your attackers.

If you take any cities in this game expect other civilizations to attack you. If you're peaceful, quite often the AI will also be peaceful towards you.

Game status: Diplomacy Victory
Game date: 1842AD
Turns played: 291
Base score: 761
Final score: 1312
Time played: 2:15:00

The difficulty level made me less aggressive. At one point I was friends with almost everyone. The focus was generating gold. Around turn 200 I started building an army, more of a navy, to attack India and Poland who were starting a culture runaway.

I didn't attack anyone else and, since I was well ahead on technologies, only Sweden attacked me. I'd left a small home defence force and managed to get a submarine back in time to demolish the ironclads and frigate.

Minutemen were helpful but, since the fastest route to the Information Age doesn't include Flight, B52s weren't a factor.

Later social policies were Patronage and Rationalism, plus Freedom for the ideology.

Large islands is a good map for emphasizing naval strategy. Frigates, later battleships, become more important than artillery. Again, due to the fastest technology path, destroyers aren't a factor.

t207

delayed pp until 160 and won in one cycle. the last turns were very tight but everything fell exactly the right time in place.

kept sweden and djenghis alive, killed the others with frigates. gave cities to djenghis and tried
to become friends with sweden, which didn't work. 1 city had forbidden palace, but when I captured it, it was unbuild, because i didn't have patronage.

used 1 GS for Scientific Theory and 1 for Radio. had enough faith to buy another one at the end, so should have settled one.

faith: earth mother/swords/happy temples/reliquary

did not go for early wonders. saved oxford for last tech.

Spoiler :
All peaceful game except I happened to missclick and declare war on Portugal once.

Opened tradition while belining for Optics and Patronage. Settled one more city and buildt some early economic world-wonders.

I ended up timing things very badly for my science flow slowing down the possible diplomatic victory...

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

This is my first GoM and I found it fun not to reload witch I usually do when I missclick.

I'll be looking back some more old onces to play for fun!

Attachments

• TSG121_t302_finish.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Top Bottom