The Civ Atlas: BNW Civs, City-States and Wonders on maps

Really great maps. Drives home how ridiculously underrepresented Africa is. Hopefully Kongo will be in to help fill in some of the gaps, and we know we'll at least get a few African natural wonders..

I love this, but I couldn't find Jakarta for City-States

I just noticed that I forgot the whole SE Asia! I'll fix that right now.

Edit: SE Asia fixed. Let's take that as an omen: Jakarta is being removed as a CS to give place to an Indonesian civ!

I'll see what I can do with Assyria and the Middle-East, it's too confusing indeed. If we get another civ from that region, I give up! :)

Great map!
I liked the first version back during G&K and it's good to see working on it in BNW as well.
Keep up the great work!:thumbsup::cheers::thanx:

And people say there is no western history bias...it is palpable, comical almost.

BUT WE NEED ITALY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

It is comical, people demanding a unified Italy while Empires as massive as Khmer and Mali are going to be overlooked because of "overlap" with Siam and Songhai.

BUT WE NEED ITALY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

It is comical, people demanding a unified Italy while Empires as massive as Khmer and Mali are going to be overlooked because of "overlap" with Siam and Songhai.

I want Italy because Italy's awesome and pizza and Leonardo da Vinci and all, but indeed you're right - unfortunately for the Civ series currently, non-European and non-Near Eastern civs (because the Near East history is viewed as directly linked to European history) are considered represented when you have one civ from their region (Khmer for SE Asia in Civ 4 and Siam in Civ 5, for instance). Heck, this even effects Eastern Europe as until BNW we didn't' have any eastern European civs other than Russia.

Granted, it's still better than Civ 3 and 2 and 1, which was absolutely horrendous in some respects - Zulus being the only sub-Saharan African civ, no representation for the MesoAmericans other than the Aztecs (until Conquests in Civ 3), no Southeast Asia, etc. Hopefully, with BNW, they'll start to round out the world much, much more, given that there's plenty of opportunities for untraditional civ choices (Brazil, for instance; and the Pueblo before they were cut).

Great maps Liex, as usual!
I was waiting for this thread to pop up :)

The Celts should overlap all of western Europe and most of central, eastern Europe as well as into Turkey.

... No they shouldn't. The maps aren't meant to express maximum territory really, but rather their area of most prominent influence. And for another thing... Put the Celts all the way to Turkey? You can't be serious

Gosh, those maps were incredible. But i must say... I felt really bad for south america.

At least some natural wonders from SAm. could be included, if not Civs or City-States.

(Same thoughts for the African south, really)

These maps have helped me to make my decision on what I want the last 6 civs to be:
1) Kongo
2) Zulu
3) Majapahit
4) A native American civ
5) Portugal
6) A central Asian civ

Top Bottom