Night of the Werewolves XXVIII Game Thread

His ability is most commonly found among bad guys, that said I'll also reserve judgment until i a) hear what exactly it is Renata have against him and/or b) he explains himself. That said Renata can have the eye.

You guys can vote for me today, it does not matter. I simply deny that I am guilty of anything. I can even prove it to you, because after you lynch me, I will still be alive, and I have an action which I haven't performed yet which proves I am not one of the killers.

*shrug*

Because there are no other suspects for this round, I accept the judgment of the masses. No one innocent will die today, and that is all I care about.

Okay... he just voted for himself...

Alright, I'll join the "Let's kill the Chaos Archmage" Crowd and vote Askthepizzaguy.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a second suspect? Or would you prefer I wait.

I do, but I prefer not to tell.
For one, I'm not sure if he's on the bad side(s), it's just a hunch
and Two, I don't have much evidence against him besides logic.
Oh, and if he is on the bad side I don't want to get killed.

My ability will not last forever, so I would advise people to not waste this round, as I am already the lynch target. Please move on from me and discuss other suspects, and let us come up with another.

I have a bunch of information written down regarding claimed motivations and items, etc, but I am not privy to any prophet results so I am afraid my suspects list is pretty bare.

Not all of the suspects are in this group.

Askthepizzaguy has obviously been scanned, and apparently been found guilty so yeah. Otherwise I trust Sepuku with the heart and since I have no better ideas, renata with the eye.

Despite the fact that he, uh, voted for himself?

"Yes, despite that fact. You bring up this point despite the fact that he insists he is innocent and is largely unafraid of dying. He claims this lynch will not kill him and that it is for the best that he remains the target so we do not lynch an innocent, while attempting to facilitate conversation on other suspects."

The earth mage narrows his eyes, and crosses his arms

"Renata, doubly, refuses to even give me the slightest bit of information how she obtains hers. I have seen no evidence except for a massive bandwagon. I am not convinced of his innocence, but I think that this is largely your bias towards his school. Therefore, I abstain from voting."

I have no bias, I merely wish to see if he is indeed telling the truth and will not be killed.

According to what I know of myself, I will survive. All we have to do is wait and see, and so the point is merely waiting.

Can we continue to discuss other things, though? I really hate to see this round end up being wasted. This is a free round, please use it.

Well, we can discuss you voting the Heart to Nictel, I suppose; or the reluctance of some in our party to vote for you. If you're looking for someone from the *other* group of bad guys as a target for your ... ability, I'm afraid I have no idea yet. A few people have struck me as slightly questionable, but not enough so to trust them to your tender mercies. Not would I trust you to see our interests as lying in the same place, in any case.

But maybe we'll get somewhere talking about a few other things.

First: prophets, since that is obviously what we're dealing with here. To be trusted provisionally, until they get it wrong or something else makes you suspicious about them? To be skewered on sight? To be badgered and hounded until forced to reveal themselves to the injured sensibilities of left-out innocents? I suppose you can guess where I fall on this question.

Second: (have to go OOC:) our situation in this game. Civplayah has claimed to know that we have two groups of enemies, and given recent trends around here, I see no reason to think he is wrong. He could be lying to sow confusion, but I find that unlikely for him. Plus, look at Diamondeye's previous game. Two groups of bad guys there: a group of killers (me :p and LightFang) with an atypical win condition; and a group of non-killers (Niklas, oyzar and Bratmon) with a traditional strength VC. You may find this interesting, pizzaguy -- Niklas had a poison ring.

Anyone else think we may be dealing with something very similar here? Everything but pizzaguy's claim to be able to cheat the lynch fits perfectly. And even at that, it wouldn't be the first time a bad-guy team with no traditional night kill got a one-shot lynch evasion as a means of balancing: see what happened with Frozen in Ice in Chand's game.

Signed,
The Archmage of Air

Well, we can discuss you voting the Heart to Nictel, I suppose; or the reluctance of some in our party to vote for you. If you're looking for someone from the *other* group of bad guys as a target for your ... ability, I'm afraid I have no idea yet. A few people have struck me as slightly questionable, but not enough so to trust them to your tender mercies. Not would I trust you to see our interests as lying in the same place, in any case.
My dear Archmage, if our interests lay in different places, I would not be so hesitant to use my power. This would be the third night in a row I've elected not to harm anyone.

First: prophets, since that is obviously what we're dealing with here. To be trusted provisionally, until they get it wrong or something else makes you suspicious about them? To be skewered on sight? To be badgered and hounded until forced to reveal themselves to the injured sensibilities of left-out innocents? I suppose you can guess where I fall on this question.

My guess would be to trust their judgment until something about their story, or motivation, seems askew, obviously.

Second: (have to go OOC our situation in this game. Civplayah has claimed to know that we have two groups of enemies, and given recent trends around here, I see no reason to think he is wrong. He could be lying to sow confusion, but I find that unlikely for him. Plus, look at Diamondeye's previous game. Two groups of bad guys there: a group of killers (me and LightFang) with an atypical win condition; and a group of non-killers (Niklas, oyzar and Bratmon) with a traditional strength VC. You may find this interesting, pizzaguy -- Niklas had a poison ring.
I have no reason to doubt his (Civplayah's) theory either. And I must admit, that sounds suspiciously similar. Perhaps he added a twist?

Anyone else think we may be dealing with something very similar here? Everything but pizzaguy's claim to be able to cheat the lynch fits perfectly. And even at that, it wouldn't be the first time a bad-guy team with no traditional night kill got a one-shot lynch evasion as a means of balancing: see what happened with Frozen in Ice in Chand's game.

OOC: I see similarities, but I am afraid I'm standing here a victim, as Curly from the three stooges would say, of coicumstance.

I've hosted many a game in my time, and often times when I do sequels or similar setups to previous games, I alter many key details to make the outcome of the game less predictable and increase the difficulty or keep it the same. I do not doubt that DiamondEye would change his setup to keep it fresh.

I do, but I prefer not to tell.
For one, I'm not sure if he's on the bad side(s), it's just a hunch
and Two, I don't have much evidence against him besides logic.
Oh, and if he is on the bad side I don't want to get killed.

What if you get killed anyway? Then your suspicions will die with you. I hope you at least tell some others your thoughts so that they can come forward in the event of your death.

What if you get killed anyway? Then your suspicions will die with you. I hope you at least tell some others your thoughts so that they can come forward in the event of your death.

The Mind Mage is aptly named. Please choose to tell someone.

Top Bottom