Quick Questions and Answers

Thankfully? Why don't you like that ability?

Fountain of Youth is absurdly more powerful than any of the other natural wonders. In one touch and go game I had it was literally the difference between victory and defeat in my first, early stage war. One single tile that appears randomly and has such a profound impact on a large scale, turn based strategy game is bad. Having more than one would just compound the absurdity.

Fountain of Youth is absurdly more powerful than any of the other natural wonders. In one touch and go game I had it was literally the difference between victory and defeat in my first, early stage war. One single tile that appears randomly and has such a profound impact on a large scale, turn based strategy game is bad. Having more than one would just compound the absurdity.

This. Also this is why I usually play with ruins off.

I am suddenly getting a "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" message on Civ 5. This is on an installation that was working quite well before. The only thing I can think of that has changed is a series of "Windows automatic updates." I should also mention that this is another of my mamoth games. I am about to reach a population of 2 Billion (I believe it is currently at 1.7 billion now)!

I've certainly got more than enough ram, with 12 gigs. I have also switched over to 3 ATI 5750 cards, but I hasten to emphasize that these were working quite well on this large game. I simply took a break from playing it and finally came back to finish it. Now I get the error mentioned above. Any thoughts?

I am suddenly getting a "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" message on Civ 5. This is on an installation that was working quite well before. The only thing I can think of that has changed is a series of "Windows automatic updates." I should also mention that this is another of my mamoth games. I am about to reach a population of 2 Billion (I believe it is currently at 1.7 billion now)!

I've certainly got more than enough ram, with 12 gigs. I have also switched over to 3 ATI 5750 cards, but I hasten to emphasize that these were working quite well on this large game. I simply took a break from playing it and finally came back to finish it. Now I get the error mentioned above. Any thoughts?

This question would be better asked in the technical support forum, but it's quite common on mammoth games for it to crash every now and then. Switching to strategic view normally helps for me

Still new at this. I will post the question in the technical support area.

As to your suggestion I'm afraid I wasn't explicit enough in my description. The game does not even load now so there would be no opportunity to switch views. I do appreciate the thought though. Thanks.

Still new at this. I will post the question in the technical support area.

As to your suggestion I'm afraid I wasn't explicit enough in my description. The game does not even load now so there would be no opportunity to switch views. I do appreciate the thought though. Thanks.

My guess is that you started the game before Dec19, and you have Steam account set to keep the game updated. The latest patch came out on the 19th, and saves from previous patch might not be compatible.

Not from a distance, but if you've got a unit of yours in range you can hover your mouse cursor over it - as if you're going to attack it - and the stats and promotions of both units will show up in the unit window.

This is my first post, so sorry if this belongs somewhere else....

So I just got Civ5 for Christmas, and the letters are all jumbled up in the game so I can't do ANYTHING past founding a city! I'm not new to Civ (I have Revolution for my iPad and used to have it for my xBox360. I also have Civ4BTS)

I looked online a little bit and the common solution is to update my graphics driver to version 15 on my Dell Inspirion. Only problem is, Intel says my processor is up to date...

Is there ANYTHING I can do that doesn't involve spending $100 on a new graphics card? Any help is MUCH appreciated!! I am getting pretty frustrated :mad: Thank you!!!!

This is my first post, so sorry if this belongs somewhere else....

So I just got Civ5 for Christmas, and the letters are all jumbled up in the game so I can't do ANYTHING past founding a city! I'm not new to Civ (I have Revolution for my iPad and used to have it for my xBox360. I also have Civ4BTS)

I looked online a little bit and the common solution is to update my graphics driver to version 15 on my Dell Inspirion. Only problem is, Intel says my processor is up to date...

Is there ANYTHING I can do that doesn't involve spending $100 on a new graphics card? Any help is MUCH appreciated!! I am getting pretty frustrated :mad: Thank you!!!!

The Tech support forum is your best bet for more detailed help.

In brief, what you need to try first is updating your graphics drivers, not your Intel processor. The two major graphics chip makers are ATI and nVidia. You will almost certainly have one of those in your Dell PC. Find out what type of graphics card you have (i.e. "nVidia GTX 275" or "ATI Radeon 3000", etc.), go to either the ATI or nVidia websites, and download driver updates from there. If that doesn't work, or if you need more help on that, try the tech support area of the Civ Fanatics forums.

In LP's I often see that when a military unit moves into the city, then it auto-garrisons.
However, I have to move it into the city and then click garrison (or press 'F').
How can I make the unit auto-garrison into the city?
Thanks, this would help against defending those early rushes!:)

In LP's I often see that when a military unit moves into the city, then it auto-garrisons.
However, I have to move it into the city and then click garrison (or press 'F').
How can I make the unit auto-garrison into the city?
Thanks, this would help against defending those early rushes!:)
Hmm, I have the opposite problem; when I move a combat unit into a city, it auto-garrisons, but I would like a way of moving into a city without garrisoning, e.g. in the middle of a battle, I might want to move a damaged unit into a city, fortify until healed, then be ready to move again without having to rely on my faulty memory to ungarrison it.

So, I've finally managed to sit a game through towards a full blown tech development.

Problem: I cannot construct an SS Stasis Chamber and I can't figure out why... Any ideas? I have the right tech... Simply doesn't show up as a construction option, not even greyed out....

So, I've finally managed to sit a game through towards a full blown tech development.

Problem: I cannot construct an SS Stasis Chamber and I can't figure out why... Any ideas? I have the right tech... Simply doesn't show up as a construction option, not even greyed out....

I guess you've managed to build all the other components?

Might be a bug I guess. Post a screen and the save in the bug forum?

Hi! I've got some troubles with loading Custom game scenarios. When I choose the "Custom game" option and then "Load mod" everything seems to be working fine. But when I try to start a mod by clicking the "Start game" button, nothing happens. Literally, it's as if the button was there just to make the game prettier, with no actual purpose. The same thing happens every time I want to start a mod like that. Do you have any suggestions?

Hello all. I'm a total civ5 newbie, yesterday i bought it on steam taking advantage of the discount. I'd like to ask... is there a way to check the path i set for a unit during the various turns?

Hello all. I'm a total civ5 newbie, yesterday i bought it on steam taking advantage of the discount. I'd like to ask... is there a way to check the path i set for a unit during the various turns?

Hi. Welcome to the Forums!

I'm pretty sure you can just click on it and it shows you. I'm not actually totally sure. Its funny how something so simple can slip your mind!

Hi. Welcome to the Forums!

I'm pretty sure you can just click on it and it shows you. I'm not actually totally sure. Its funny how something so simple can slip your mind!

That's the same thing a kind user suggested me on chat, where I was asking the same question before posting here. So I already tried that and nothing shows up when I click on the unit. So maybe there should be an option somewhere or...?

Top Bottom