Domination victory in MP

sidry

Chieftain
In a single player about domination victory says:
If you are the last player in possession of your own original capital you win. So if you capture all other civs' capitals and hang onto your own, you've achieved victory. However, this can be tricky. Suppose you're in a five-player game and you capture three of your opponents' original capitals, but the fifth player sneaks in and captures your capital while you're not paying attention - then he would win immediately. In other words, it doesn't matter who captures what: it's the last player holding onto his original capital who gets the victory.

If you've lost your original capital, but still possess other cities, you can still win another type of victory: culture, scientific, diplomatic, or time. However, you cannot win a domination victory until and unless you recapture your own original capital.

I played multiplayer 6FFA, no one except me didn't save own capital till the end. I took last capital, but there were no victory.
In that time were 4 of 6 players.
Poland had Constantinople, Mecca.
Austria had Tenochtitlan.
Aztec had not any foreing capital.
And India had Warsaw, Delhi and took Viena.

Is it realy then I need take all of capitals to win? Where can I find official info about this problem?

india -> controlled poland, india caps
austria -> controlled aztec cap
aztec
poland -> controlled arabia, byzantine cap
byzantine
arabia

India takes austria cap -> India wins. You don't have to take them all yourself. Check the complete kills thing.

Is it realy then I need take all of capitals to win? Where can I find official info about this problem?

You need to possess all capitals to succeed a domination victory. All of them!

Ah, I might be wrong here ;) I trust Tabarnaks more than my own judgement, I don't play enough games to completion to know for sure.

If you take some one's capital but they currently have the capital of some one else, you must take that original capital as well. It is not enough that every capital has been taken by some one. That rule has changed since G&K.

I once had a game in G&K where me and another player made some one the winner by taking each others capitals on the same turn. This is no longer possible. The winner must actually do the work them self now.

Top Bottom