MINI COMPETITION THINGY: For my final civ

I already have. Im not good at making good civs, if it had been a evil or neutral one i would already have posted 4-87 ideas.

OK let me mull it over :)

Al

The Glaer are a tribe of men who dwell in the forested mountains of Arenth. They are an egalitarian society based upon the ideals of fraternity and harmony. The Glaer were forced to enter the mysterious Arenth when a previous war with the demons led to their near destruction. When they entered the mystical glades they allied themselves with the fae that had originally inhabited Arenth. The Glaer, or Shining Men as dubbed by the Rylonia, are great mediators and peacemakers. They are renowned for their silver tongues and quick wit, if not for their physical strength.

The Glaer, however, do not shy from war. They are experts at defending the peaks of Arenth and glades of the Fae. They are great guerilla fighters, though they lack an offensive punch.

The Fae occupy the position as chief magic users, and are powerful wielders of air magic. Though much weaker than other spellcasters, they are quick and able to hide themselves in wooded areas with ease.

Focus: Defense and Diplomacy

The Glaer can build council halls, buildings that give a 10% diplomatic bonus with all other nations. The Glaer can also build Motts and Shadowed Glades, which give new human units Guerilla and Woodsman promotions respectively.
The Fae have the Awyr promotion, which gives Fae an additional movement point and increased potency for air related spells. Fae units automatically gain forest stealth when in forests, but can be detected by recon units.

OK I'm liking this :D

Al

Okay, I will edit this later ... but basically I have a pretty good idea to share for a good civ, methinks

theme is fascist crusading demons/dragons (good alignment)

Nation: DremonSkythe
Leader: Verdoon -aggresive, fanatical, orgainized, oppresive, paranoid?, genocidal (against evil demons, tries to cleanse the followers of evil, tho usually they fail the process and die as well)
For reference I'd say aggresive/ organized, favorite civic domination

basically they are demons that see demons as being absolutely evil without hope for repentance, so they are demons (or dragon/half dragons) that believe the only way to combat the presence of evil is to attack all signs of evil with even greater evil ... in order to oppress malice and leave the world to those humans that would uphold greater virtues.

I can think of a tangent race to demons that grew either very self-hating or became enlightened, and had to kill off most of their race, to leave only those that follow their strict ideals to the exacting letter. (kinda thinking of Bannor meets Sheiam with a fanatical obsession with killing demons and repressing their followers in order to maintain their purity) gaining many followers of the "path of cleansing" ... dissillusioned, weakend humans, as well as fanatical humans, and perhaps anyone directly wounded by demons in the past, and survive with a free will to tell the tale, will join their ranks.
and then their offspring are cattleherded into the nation with the dictatorial control by the draconic "ministry of cleansing"

Important tho ... is that they still accept converts from Humans that absolutely hate demons, and even demonic converts ... although the testing process for demons has a high risk that prospective demon will lose their soul unless they are completely filled with a desire to destroy all demons from the world. Im thinking that the demons brainwash eachother into using the cyanide tablets/ explosive runes in their teeth or brains .. if they are about to fall into the ways of folly.
therefore (perhaps make their race half-dragon? or neoDemon? make all units with the actual demonic nature be immune to capture ... or even all their units immune to capture)

I think the palace, if similar to ffh mechanics to have -20 war weariness, fire earth and law mana.
unique buidings would be like the
Pit of Banishment with -20%maintanence -20% ww and +1 unhappyness.

Interrogation Cell/ Torture Chamber +1(or2) unhappy, grants loyalty and demonslaying promo to units built in city.

Purge the Unclean (possible namechange?) Perhaps a repeatable ritual that lowers all cities population by 1 and removes any neutral or evil religion ... unless there is one super good religion, in which it removes all religions but that religion, and its weight for that religion is an automatic adoption.

Although I am also thinking of them being agnostic.

Im thinking high end melee and recon units could be half-dragon.

Ravennor Exhalt: Hero could be a Librarian style Inquisitor (half dragon of course) weilding a scythe called a "soul sever" which eats evil souls and sends other souls directly to the good gods (somehow?)
I think he should be able to see invisible and get a considerable bonus against demons and undead.

Race would mostly consist of human followers, but a very openly fierce and strict oligarchy of dragons. (im thinking an offshoot of demons to be called dragons, tho more half/dragon really)
These zealos despots would control the most nefarious demon magiks and torture devices in order to eradicate evil from the world.

Michai'el the Cleansed -Im thinking a secondary hero could be a human follower, so dedicated to his dragon lords that he is completely protected from the daemonic evils. Perhaps he has the "cleansed" promotion which makes him magic immune to all evil magic. Im thinking of lesser demons automatically dying around him ... wether through a spell, mechanic, or an extreme bonus vs lesser demons. Greater Banishment perhaps a spell that causes 70% damage, can be lethal, surroudning like ring of flames, only affects demon race, hopefully only below level 4 or 5, and sends them directly to their capital.
perhaps make him slow to gain exp, weaker in some other way, and very vulnerable to humans or neutrals.

I dont expect any of these demons, except maybe one unit, to have 4 legs, the dragons I was thinking are more like humans or demons, only dragon head n claws, and wings. which is a racial trait for the particular minor race of daemonic kin which decided to instead genocide all other demons- and ultimately eradicate evil "and themselves" (maybe)

Well looks like theres no more entries. cosider the competition closed.

im now starting up a poll thread so you can vote on your favourites. Al and myself will vote in it as well.

thanks for all your ideas ;)

Top Bottom