Official scenarios?

Mortegro545

Chieftain
I was curious about something.

Perhaps I am missing something, but are there not official scenarios that tie along in Fall from heaven? I've looked around for them but I'm unsure how to play them.

I just got the new update (resparked my interest) but when I load up the mod and go to scenarios nothing pops up that sounds like it is what I am looking for, let alone 18 scenarios?

Any help would be much appreciated.
:confused:

Getting into the scenarios has to be kind of complex due to some technical reasons I'm not really familiar with; all I know is, before this method came about, there were crashes galore while trying to load them. Anyhow, to get to the scenarios:

1. Click Single Player
  2. Click Play Scenario
  3. Make sure the Fall from Heaven Scenarios option is the one selected, and press OK
  4. Keep pressing OK until the game begins to load
  5. Once the game loads, a menu will pop up with the different FFH scenarios; click the names of the scenarios to read more about them
  6. Click the little button next to the name of a scenario to begin it. Some scenarios don't have buttons because you have to finish other scenarios first
Incidentally, I'm not sure if FFH currently works with the .19 patch, so you might want to hold off on downloading that before playing, or roll back to .17 if you've already updated.

Ya, thats my problem. When I go into the single player play scenario, no fall from heaven scenario selection loads up as an option. I simply have a long list of Battle, earth, earth1800's, ect ect.

This is where I ran into the problem. I'm running the brand new version of the game that states it includes the scenarios in the update.. so, I'm confused. I would think this would be a major glitch to not have been noticed somewhere along the line.

Or, I'm still dumb.

Any more help anyone? :confused:

What Corlis said. You must start a game and from there go to the scenario screen instead of the regular way because Kael wants some scenarios to be tied to others so you can't play them unless you've completed another one before.

I'm not sure how else I can say this.

No custom scenarios are offered up to select when I go to the list. The only ones that show up are as follows,

Africa
Battle
Earth
Earth1000AD
Earth18civs
Earth_IceAge
Earth Asia
Eastern United States
Europe
Planet
South America
WBQuicksave

That's the entirety of the list. There is nothing that appears to be for fall from heaven.

Is there somewhere I can go to download the scenarios directly? Perhaps I didn't get the right version of the game? I've tried to load them up both in and out of the mod.

:(

Don't start a game with play scenario or custom scenario, start up a plain game. Then to the right of the advisors options, below civilopedia is enter scenerio button where you can select scenarios.

that doesn't seem like all the scenarios... are you playing BtS?

First, make sure you have the FfH2 mod loaded.
Advanced -> Load a Mod -> Fall from Heaven 2

Second, do what Corlis said.
Single Player -> Play a Scenario -> Fall from Heaven II Scenarios -> OK -> OK

Third, again, do what Corlis said. Click name to read about. Click Flag to start. Some are locked and will be unlocked by finishing other scenarios.

Alternatively, if all else fails, you can load a scenario directly.

First, exit out of the game.
Second, navigate to c:\program files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\fall from heaven 2\assets\xml\scenarios\
Third, double click a file.

note: If you are using vista64, program files will be program files (x86) instead. This is all assuming you used default installation paths.

Top Bottom