5 players 4 steam accounts: is this possible?

coversation

Chieftain
Some friends and I want to play a 5 player civ 5 game, but there are only 4 steam accounts and computers between us. Is there a way we can make this work? Local multiplayer btw. Thanks.

hotseat behind one PC isn't an option i presume? :)

Or even 4 games simultaneously even when hotseating....

on a more serious note.. I don't think you can select both options simultaneously (Local LAN and HS)... so I expect not...

Yes, have the 5th player log on to the steam account of someone else, change the profile name to his name, then go to offline mode. Then the account owner logs on on his pc, changes the name back and goes to online mode (or stays offline, whatever). This way the 5th player should be able to join the game using someone else's steam library.

I do this every few weeks to play a LAN with a friend of mine.

Isn't that account sharing? I don't believe that's allowed :)

It probably isn't, but frankly if it's only during a LAN game where everybody is in the same building I see no moral dilemma with it. As long as you're not playing on someone else's account while that person is not present it should be allowed.

Besides this way the 5th player gets to experience CiV in full and if he likes it he might be pursuaded to purchase it after all. The alternative is that either player 5 is left out of the LAN from now on, or they ditch Civ for a game that they all have, neither option benefits Firaxis.

It probably isn't, but frankly if it's only during a LAN game where everybody is in the same building I see no moral dilemma with it. As long as you're not playing on someone else's account while that person is not present it should be allowed.

Besides this way the 5th player gets to experience CiV in full and if he likes it he might be pursuaded to purchase it after all. The alternative is that either player 5 is left out of the LAN from now on, or they ditch Civ for a game that they all have, neither option benefits Firaxis.

This will work in a LAN game, but there is no way to share an account in an internet game, you must have 5 registered accounts.

CS

Top Bottom