CivArmy Remix Mod

battles.14

Chieftain
CivArmy Remix Mod for Civilization 4
Created by CivArmy
Remixed by Battles

DOWNLOAD TAKEN DOWN - CHECK OUT NEXT LEVEL MOD

NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO MORE UPDATES. My further efforts will be a part of the official polishing of CivArmy's Next Level Mod. Stay tuned for that!

I love CivArmy's new civs for Civilization 4, but they're not quite finished,
and don't seamlessly integrate into the game. So I decided to remix
his mods, putting them all together and making subtle changes to keep
with the flavor of the civilizations themselves and the concept of the
game. This mod has extensive XML revision (which probably won't make
a difference), and has fixed the dreaded white flag problem. I will be
adding more civilizations keeping with CivArmy's updates as they are
released. Thanks to CivArmy for letting me use his art files and add my
two cents to his great work.

Feel free to post any bugs/comments. Updates will be coming quickly!

Enjoy! ~Battles

NOTE: IF YOU START A GAME WITH THIS MOD, DO NOT REPLACE IT WITH AN
UPDATE! IT WILL CORRUPT YOUR SAVED GAME.

Current Civilizations
------------------------
*Canadian Empire (Leaders: Champlain & MacDonald, UU: Mountie)
Israelite Empire (Leaders: David & Solomon, UU: Macabee)
Nguni Empire (Leader: Shaka, UU: Impi)
Polynesian Empire (Leader: Tangaloa, UU: Catamaran)
Roman Leader: Scipio Africanus
Turkic Empire (Leaders: Selim & Ataturk, UU: Janissary)
Viking Empire (Leader: Canute & *Ragnar, UU: Longboat)

Changes To Original Files
-------------------------
ALL NEW CIVILOPEDIA ENTRIES!
Civilizations, Leaders, & Units
Adapted from Wikipedia

Israel
Macabee Icon Re-Colored
Macabee Power Increased
Macabee Advantage Changed (+10% city attack to 10% city defend)
Polynesia
Team Color Changed To Green
Polynesian Boat Changed To Catamaran
Turkey
Team Color Changed To Brown
Janissary Stat Changes (+10% city defend)
Viking
*Viking Boat Changed To Berzerker

* - New In This Update

Download the Next Level Mod, or go for something a little more refined...CivArmy Remix!

Marshall, Tibet and the Turks are probably the next two to go in. Canada's about to get an update from CivArmy, so I'm going to wait until that's all set to put them in. I thought it would be better to just post as I go than to wait until it's all finished.

NEW UPDATE! Check the first post for the new download and details!

Next on the list...updates to the Vikings and the Canadians!

It says it's corrupt or damaged..

It says the download is corrupt, or the mod in the game? Because I just downloaded it from my link and it worked fine.

hmm...that's really odd. I've downloaded the file a couple times myself and it's worked fine. Two suggestions - first, try copying the mod from inside the .zip and unzipping it that way. Second, I should have a new update tonight with the updated Vikings and some other civ. That file might work. Sorry for any problems, and bear with me.

that didnt work for me, sigh... dont know what it is... downloads fine, but when i unzip it...it hides like 4 files and wont let me see them... just says its hidden lol.

marshall, I wish I was running into the same problem as you so I could fix it. Hopefully the update tonight will alleviate this problem. Just bear with me; I'll get this figured out.

BTW, which files are going hidden? This might help me correct the problem.

to be honest i get like a .1 sec look at the file...i have tried to see which ones it hidding but i dont get long enough to see which ones it is.... did you do something out of the ordinary to fix the white flag issue???

OK, this time i unzipped it using Winrar and had no issues unzipping...flags show up... from just a start up stand point it works fine (havnt played a whole game with it yet, just used 1city map to see if the flags, etc played ok.)

What ever you did to fix the flags , please tell CivArmy :) lol

Just so you know... you overwrote alot of files (not sure how because i deleted your mod before reinstalling it.... but i was reading your other post...

"XML reformatting and optimization - XML programming and information are integrated seemlessly into the game's XML (as if they were included with the original game)"

Im assuming (yep im an ass) that this is where all the write overs occur... i noticed that it overwrote Civ Army's mod (.dds files i believe they were)... ANYWAY! is there anyway to NOT have your mod overwrite others?

Marshall...first of all, I'm glad that you got things working and that the mod is working ok.

Secondly, the Remix Mod is NOT DESIGNED TO BE USED WITH ANY OTHER MOD. If you try to put it into another mod, it is going to delete and overwrite files. The reason I can't fix this is because there are so many mods out there, and it's hard to make a new mod that won't overwrite something. But my goal is that eventually, Remix will have all the CivArmy civs, so using those mods with it won't be necessary. Use it by itself for now.

That explains alot :) Its just hard to have that 1 uber mod that has everything you want, And being that Im to lazy to learn how to do the modding lol Im at you guys mercy! :p

Anyway maybe you can help!! this is a quote from a post on another thread I wrote...

"After reading through this thread again, and feeling a little bad bout the tone of my last post , I would like to offer a suggestion!!!
Myself, when I play C4, its all about Immersion! I want to recreat history, or even play an alternate version of it.. that being said I would really like to see a Controversial Leaders mod made and added to this (a great mod already)
Some suggestion on some of the leaders i would like to play as/against.
Yasser Arafat - Palastine
Hitler - WW2 Germany
Benito Mussolini - WW2 Germany
winston churchill- WW2 England
More axies-allies!!
G.W. Bush - lol come on just to see him ask for oil would be worth it!
2nd Arab leader- Saladin is lonely

These are just a few of the ones of the top of my head. I can TOTALLY understand the thread creator for his reasons of not wanting some of the Civ Leaders, I just hate political correctness lol"

I would really like to use some of the leaders think you can help????

NEW UPDATE!!! The Canadians have been added, and the Vikings have been updated! Check the first post for the download link.

Hey, from now on, my efforts will be going into the official polishing of CivArmy's Next Level Mod. I'll leave the Remix download up until Jecrell and I are done, but there won't be any updates. The stuff in the Remix download will be part of the CivArmy mod when it's done.

Hey guys great job with the new civs, very coolindeed.

Battles.14 I was wondering if you wouldnt mind making some adjustments to this enhancement, that some of the Portuguese Civ players have been talking about in this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3228293&postcount=92
raen has got it spot on!, all those changes make the Portuguese civ Perfect!!, its really accurate. I still think that Portugal's special unit should be a Carrack/"Nau" with Settler carrying abilities (whilst other civ's have to wait for a galleon to do so), hence giving Portugal that unique historical trait we had of expanding all around the world before anyone else.

Well i would really appreciate it if you get this done, and the same goes for CivArmy of course, i'm gonna post a similar thing on his thread, but yeah, i think these changes would make a lot more historicaly accurate and bring a totally different way of playing civ.

Top Bottom