Certain AI leaders more likely to appear?

BNW? Well, if there's Genghis ANYWHERE, Catherine has 90% chance of appearing. 75% of those 90% she starts too close to him.
If I'm Genghis, the chance of her appearing is upped to 95%. However Mongolia is the kryptonite to Catherine, and whenever he appears, Catherine drops to Isabella tier and feeds her closest enemy. (usually Mongolia)

Casimir often appears and is THE most dangerous enemy - some are merely either runaways or not. He's either an absolute runaway or makes one of his neighbours an absolute runaway.

What else? Augustus often appears and runaways. Bismarck appears and, depending on luck, either does absolutely nothing or runs away.

Hiawatha ALWAYS appears whenever I want most to not have him nearby. The more I hope "please, not Hiawatha again", the more likely he's to be just 10 tiles away from my capital. But after some annoyance that's great, because destroying him after a long war is always a fun experience.

Harald Bluetooth loves to appear. Hanging Gardens is a wonder he often gets. Typically becomes my best friend.

The same with Pachacuti, but he's a bit less trustworthy. He's a great friend, don't take me wrong, but not comparable to Hair-ald.

Askia often appears, is typically a douchebag. Only once was he decent when we were friends.

If I play Dandy, the chance of me being alone on the continent is 33%, the chance of there being one guy far away who never expands (and makes me reroll, because it's too boring) is 33%, there's 23% chance I get TWO non-expansive guys very, very far away, a 6% chance I get pissed off and just play Pangea to avoid above situation, and a 5% chance I get FUN conditions where I actually get to fight someone.

BNW? Well, if there's Genghis ANYWHERE, Catherine has 90% chance of appearing. 75% of those 90% she starts too close to him.
If I'm Genghis, the chance of her appearing is upped to 95%. However Mongolia is the kryptonite to Catherine, and whenever he appears, Catherine drops to Isabella tier and feeds her closest enemy. (usually Mongolia)

Casimir often appears and is THE most dangerous enemy - some are merely either runaways or not. He's either an absolute runaway or makes one of his neighbours an absolute runaway.

What else? Augustus often appears and runaways...

Hiawatha...

Funny. This is almost exactly my game right now.

I think the game distribute AI flavours evenly so that maybe 2 cultural civs, 2 religious civs, 2 warmongers plus 1 science civs.

Once I play France for many times till turn 100, I seem always get Brazil as one of the cultural competitors. If play Celts, Ethiopia always appear. so the game seems to give you some challenge given your civ flavour.

I've wondered if certain civs have an affinity for other civs and/or settings. This could explain why some people see the same civs over and over, other people see a different bunch of civs over and over, and others see pure randomness. All based on the game options.

Or, it could just be what FeiLing said ...

FeiLing: I think most likely there is an algorithm for ensuring an even mix of warmongers, scientific, cultural, CS-based, and there is probably a bias on different map types, but yes, beyond that, it's probably random.

However, there are only so many "warlike" civs, and only so many "tall civs". If Pangaea maps bias towards the ones with land-based uniques, and Continents bias towards seafaring civs, you *are* going to see certain civs more than others on certain map types.

It's entirely possible that Polynesia is less likely to appear on Pangaea, and more likely to appear on Continents. It's entirely possible that Shaka and/or Monte are more likely to appear, despite the random numbers. If, and I'm just theorizing, there are 30 total civs, and you select 7 randomly, and of those 30, only 5 (1 in 6) are classified as land-based warlike civs, than instead of a 7 in 30 chance of appearing in your game, those 5 may have an 8 in 30, or 9 in 30, because one slot may be dedicated to "warlike", and then the other 4 may still have an even shot at appearing in the other 6 slots. I'm sure my math is wrong, but it's moot. I'm just guessing anyway.

So, it *may* be less than entirely random. And they may bias towards new civs when an expansion comes out. I'd be curious to know for sure.

It's entirely possible that Polynesia is less likely to appear on Pangaea, and more likely to appear on Continents.

You would think that, but nope, he seems to be everywhere. :lol::rolleyes: I had to disable Polynesian DLC because I got so sick of seeing him in every single game. He just won't go away, even Lizzy has some dignity. :D

*jingle music* "Like a good neighbor, Pedro is there" *end jingle*
I've seen Brazil in about 2/3 of my games, always nearby, and always an incredibly good neighbor. wants friendship early and often, even after declaring war on him TWICE to gain workers and burn a city that was unfortunately placed in an area I had plans for. He quickly forgives and gets the friendship status back up and grants RAs.

As far as AI combos, I often see Theodora and Suleiman together (maybe I just play water maps a lot), which I always viewed as an "Istanbul not Constantinople" cookie.

Rome, Spain and Shoshone are frequent. And on the other side off the map, making him very hard to crush : Alex.
I moved a couple of days ago from King to Emperor and see a difference in recursives civs. I lost Pedro and Casimir. Get Rome and Spain. The man with an eagle still waste a big piece of the maps.

I've got Washington two games in a row...even though there was one and two AI in those games respectively.

You guys talking about random leader odds again? The leaders that used to appear often to me, i dont really remember, but the most recent leader i got was alexander. I have gotten a lot of leaders before though but the rare leader ive played with maybe is nebuchadnezzar. I havent used that early academy that often and i dont really remember using babylon nor its walls that often.

Top Bottom