Anyone else having problems loading Civ5 right now?

AW Arcaeca

Deus Vult
I've been trying to test a mod recently, albeit without much success. At first the city view interface started failing, then the tech tree, with errors saying it just flat out failed to load. Thinking this was the fault of my mod, I went back to fix the alleged problems and boot up the mod again. I got as far as telling the game to unload BNW when it crashed in the process.

Tried to unload BNW again to see if I could recreate the error, and sure enough, it crashed when I tried to unload the expansion pack.

Verified the game's cache - at least I think so; run steam as administrator, find the game, right click and find properties, then click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache", right? - and this time, huh boy... the game crashed while loading. :mad:

...If I verified the cache, which doing so is supposed to replace corrupted or missing files IINM, shouldn't everything be working smoothly now? And then it crashed the second time I tried.

So is everyone having problems with Civ5 on account of some mistake by steam? Is my computer just crap? Did I not verify the game correctly, are my files corrupted? I have no idea.

I'm also not sure if this is in the right section of the forums or if it should go in the Bug Reports area, so mods, move as you please.

- AW

I never run Steam when playing CIV. Better for Mods too. I always play off the net, so no, no problems.

I guess I should say I put Steam into Offline mode then disconnect off the net.

I've been trying to test a mod recently, albeit without much success. At first the city view interface started failing, then the tech tree, with errors saying it just flat out failed to load. Thinking this was the fault of my mod, I went back to fix the alleged problems and boot up the mod again. I got as far as telling the game to unload BNW when it crashed in the process.

Tried to unload BNW again to see if I could recreate the error, and sure enough, it crashed when I tried to unload the expansion pack.

Verified the game's cache - at least I think so; run steam as administrator, find the game, right click and find properties, then click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache", right? - and this time, huh boy... the game crashed while loading. :mad:

...If I verified the cache, which doing so is supposed to replace corrupted or missing files IINM, shouldn't everything be working smoothly now? And then it crashed the second time I tried.

So is everyone having problems with Civ5 on account of some mistake by steam? Is my computer just crap? Did I not verify the game correctly, are my files corrupted? I have no idea.

I'm also not sure if this is in the right section of the forums or if it should go in the Bug Reports area, so mods, move as you please.

- AW

It could be a number of things, it could be hardware malfunctioning. if Verifying the Game Cache didn't work, you can always try re-installing it or something, I don't think something like that would happen without an actual game update.

Try to see if any other game is malfunctioning. Check for viruses etc.

Top Bottom