Space Victory of Bots

myrlin98

Chieftain
Hi, I was playing on emperor level and Greece was working on a science victory. He had 4 of the 5 parts built. I took his capital and thought I had stopped his progress. but about 10 to 15 turns later he wins a science victory. I was needless to say shocked. and a bit frustrated. any suggestions on what might have happened so I can stop this in the future? Thanks

Edit: the following info was erroneous. I didn't delete it because it would make Browd's response confusing. Please scroll to his response to get the correct info regarding the Apollo wonder.

He had the Apollo program in a city other than his capital. You have to capture the city with the program in it.

I'm not positive, but I believe the program can also be rebuilt if captured, but I don't know if you keep the parts you've already made or if you have to start over.

I suppose to keep this from happening, check your spy screen and see if the Apollo is in his cap. If not, I would guess you'd be able to tell which second city of his is most likely to have it. It's so rare that the AI build Apollo outside of the cap that the city it's in should be obvious (25 wonders, 80 pop, etc).

Thanks for the info. possibly then if Apollo program is built in another city that is where the space ship is being built. interesting. guess I will have to be more careful on that note.

Thanks for the response.

Has nothing to do with where the Apollo Program is built -- once built it becomes native to that civ, not a particular city (same goes for the Manhattan Project). When a player loses his capital, any SS parts that are attached to the spaceship are automatically relocated to the new capital. The spaceship does not appear on map (you might think of it as sitting in low-earth orbit, where attaching the parts as they are built means the part is moved into low-earth orbit). In short, there is no way to "conquer" a civ's partially-built spaceship. You can capture individual SS parts as they are moving from the city where they are built to the capital for attachment to the spaceship, but the partially built spaceship itself will remain in existence as long as that civ has one city.

I apologize for the misinformation. Thank you for keeping an eye out Browd, and for giving me some new knowledge! (Didn't mean to lead you astray Myrlin).

Top Bottom