Civ 5 cheats

To my mind, the AI has yet to be very good at combat. Make certain that you have both ranged units and melee units. Place the ranged units behind the melee units. The idea here is to have your ranged units able to make one or two strikes on an inbound enemy before they hit your melee guys. If you do that then your melee units can dispose of the enemy even if it's one or two promotions above your troops.
Finally, garrison your cities with a ranged unit. If the attackers are within range of the city have the city fire on them first then select the garrisoned unit and hit them again. Garrison the ranged unit again and repeat as necessary.

While I must admit that in Civ 4 if there was a clearly unfair abundance of barbarians early on, I would enter the world builder and gift myself an era-appropriate unit or two to avoid loosing a city (or their annoying pillage runs), Civ 5 has reworked barbarians sufficiently to make then a nuisance rather than turning it into a game of "beat the barbarians".

Your city should surivive and there are means to defeat early attackers without having to cheat.

If you're having difficulty at a higher level of game, that's because it's a higher level of game.

Civ is ultimately a strategy game, some of which comes from clearly thinking through your intentions and executing them whilst being adaptive. And some of which comes from pure trial and error.

Start again and don't make the same mistakes.

You're hardly having to knock your house down and rebuild it, and from your description you're not exactly far enough through the game at this point that turning around and starting again is going to cost you hours and hours of work.

The cost of cheating is learning. If you don't beat it yourself, you won't learn anything by introducing the solution of "a wizard did it".

As Sun Tzu said, He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.

omg can't believe all you people b*tching about me cheating. if I want to cheat I will cheat without having to read about all you hata's.. I will play it the way I want to. omg! just cant believe this. I would never tell a person that you don't play a game like it's supposed to be played. what's the point then if people can't play it their way??
this thread was for cheats not people ing about other people cheating... it really upset me. one comment about it was fine, but 5????

Maybe because you're asking people who love the game, for all it's ills, how to utterly bypass and defeat the object of said game...

...if you want to cheer yourself up by missing the point entirely that's your affair, but as with any game forum, don't expect a warm reception from people who've earned their fair share of hours playing doomed games, nor for them to applaud you in giving up.

If you actually read what people have said in response, they're encouraging you to stick it out and do your best and if you do get defeated, then take it as a positive learning experience.

Cheating, will never help you do that.

Don't take it to heart. :love:

omg can't believe all you people b*tching about me cheating. if I want to cheat I will cheat without having to read about all you hata's.. I will play it the way I want to. omg! just cant believe this. I would never tell a person that you don't play a game like it's supposed to be played. what's the point then if people can't play it their way??
this thread was for cheats not people ing about other people cheating... it really upset me. one comment about it was fine, but 5????

You're correct that no one should tell you how to play the game. I would say that you might be depriving yourself of some of the other enjoyable aspects of the game by giving yourself an insurmountable advantage. That said, toward the end of my Civ IV playing days I fired up Cheat Engine and gave myself 999,999 Gold at the start of a few games I do understand where you're coming from. It was fun for a while. When boredom set in I went back to playing it straight.

Maybe because you're asking people who love the game, for all it's ills, how to utterly bypass and defeat the object of said game...

...if you want to cheer yourself up by missing the point entirely that's your affair, but as with any game forum, don't expect a warm reception from people who've earned their fair share of hours playing doomed games, nor for them to applaud you in giving up.

If you actually read what people have said in response, they're encouraging you to stick it out and do your best and if you do get defeated, then take it as a positive learning experience.

who said anything about giving up? I don't normally cheat when playing civ, but now I wanted to so I didn't have to start all over again. enough said, I will not defend myself for using 1 cheat anymore.

My question is this: (yes I see that date of these posts, but you can still read actual letters home from Roman soldiers stationed in Britannia about being out of beer and so on and wouldn't some of us like to comment with those folk)

~ All you folks replying to Konichiwa's question about a simple "cheat" to insert an archer during a battle/war so as to keep her from having to start over...

So my question is this: have you, any of you never went back to an auto save to try another approach when a unit was not as durable in a mission as you hoped, so that you could eventually learn an effective mission strategy which would work for your playing style?

For example in Civ II I never/rarely made muskets, just toughed it out from phalanx til rifles cuz FOR ME :think: that is what I wanted. I could care what anyone thought of it. It helped me win some games/tournaments. And a few times cost me dearly! But that was my choice. To me muskets were a waste in Civ II. Civ V; well different altogether.

So is going back to a previous save a "cheat?" Does it prevent ethical learning less than editing in an archer to keep the flow going, so you don't have to start over??

Or are you all saying that to be ethical, or have a positive learning experience, one must crash and burn if necessary, then go back to the drawing board, start over and go from there?

who said anything about giving up? I don't normally cheat when playing civ, but now I wanted to so I didn't have to start all over again. enough said, I will not defend myself for using 1 cheat anymore.

Why can't going back to the drawing board be effected just as equally by adding an archer, or going back to a previous save, or being defeated then starting over?

It seems to me each is in its own way is for the learning. The old Chinese proverb says; Wisdom or understanding is gained through experience. Experience is gained through our (poor or good) choices. Each of the suggestions submitted, including konichiwa's seems to afford learning with allowance to individual preference. IMO!! heh heh

Forgive me for resurrecting this old thread, but it is in hopes of generating some more positive comments on a worthy subject.

To be clear I am no cheater!!!
But it seems in this case this "cheat" is no different than going back to a save, or crashing and burning, starting over, whatever to learn.

And why be judgmental over it. It was for learning, not to gain unfair position over humans in a game. ~That is my 2 cents-what say you?

Top Bottom