SGOTM 15 - One Short Straw

The turn you settle Marble, I'm pretty sure that it's okay to move the spawn buster fortified to the west. We need to figure out which way to move him but I assume toward Toku.
Toward Toku... do you mean to move the fortified spawn-buster to the east instead of to the west?

Mitchum said:
Or do warriors not upgrade to axes in the queue automatically once we have copper...
Unfortunately, Warriors will not auto-upgrade to Axemen in the build queue. They will either stay as Warriors or will turn into Spearmen as soon as Spearmen are enabled (Spearmen are enabled once you have access to Copper or Iron and know the Hunting tech).

Excellent job of testing, magnus. I like the 1pop in Delhi giving us pop4 on T64. I suggest you experiment with getting Pottery earlier, as others suggested. We might even be able to squeeze in Fishing before Pottery with the extra beakers gained from losing SH.

I may be wrong, but my thinking for Zlatorog is to try to get the granary completed before Zlatorog has 11f toward pop2. That way, we grow that city faster. In other words, as long as the deer is camped two turns before the granary's done, that's soon enough. So that worker can busy himself pre-chopping the granary before camping, then completing the chop after math.

Similar in Delhi, it would be nice to time a granary chop with food storage to maximize growth. OF course, that chop would come just after T64, but now's the time to plan it.

A few details:
Turn 56 1760BC

Delhi 1SE Worker S Road Instead you could establish the road connection between Delhi and Gold-E Locks before connecting Delhi to the marble. That will give us +1g in Gold-E Locks a few turns earlier. So you have
Turn 56 Delhi 1SE Worker E Road Cancel Order
Turn 57 Road SE etc.
Because you'll have a road on the pre-chopped Gold-E Locks, that worker can com all the way from the copper and chop on T64 in 1 move.

2Bombay 1E Workers Move to Pigs You can build a road at Gems-SE for free instead. Then next turn both workers can still start pasturing the Pigs. You might also want to test mining gems then SE road then farm pigs, just to see which is better. Since you're settling Gems City a turn sooner, it's also conceivable that working the gems sooner will get us Fishing>Pottery a turn sooner, thus gaining us beaucoup beaucours for the price of a few strips of greasy bacon. :)

Turn 58 1680 BC

Gold-E Locks Worker N Chop Per my suggestion above, this guy would help road toward Delhi before pre-chopping. You'd need to figure out the details.

Turn 62 1520 BC

Settle 1NE Crab Build workboat? Work marble tile?

Not connecting bronze to network before warrior finished zlatarog easily accomplished as you said. Will include in test later tonight after I get home.

Making the road prior to heading to pigs makes sense. I'm surprised I didnt think of that. 2 workers turns not wasted. Ty.

I am partial to the 1 pop settler rush as it allows delhi to grow to size 4 on turn 64 tho I do think it costs a couple commerce because not working flood plain. Is there any opposition to this?

Should we not go for fishing at all and go straight to pottery then ironworking?
Should we neglect hunting? Go hunting after pottery? I am partial to putting hunting before pottery because it becomes available right when we need to camp the deer in zlatarog.

What do we want pig gem city to generate prior to a granary being available?

Same question for Crab marble city.

There are lots of little questions that need to be answered prior to me playing the save. Some things you all might take for granted I may not be accustomed to doing. (like immediately start building granaries)

Should we compile a list of city names for the future cities so we are all on the same sheet?

I am partial to the 1 pop settler rush as it allows delhi to grow to size 4 on turn 64 tho I do think it costs a couple commerce because not working flood plain. Is there any opposition to this?
I just wonder how much extra food the chop gives us, because that chop would otherwise be 30h into the Gems granary or library.

Should we not go for fishing at all and go straight to pottery then ironworking?
Should we neglect hunting? Go hunting after pottery? I am partial to putting hunting before pottery because it becomes available right when we need to camp the deer in zlatarog.
Since we're settling Marble/Crabs we want Fishing by T62, if possible. Also we'd like to build an exploring wb for the west. Furthermore, hunting messes with our warrior builds. So for me, I'd prefer Fishing-Pottery-Hunting if Pottery is done when the Delhi settler is done, otherwise Pottery-Fishing-Hunting.

What do we want pig gem city to generate prior to a granary being available?
LIbrary.

Same question for Crab marble city.
Workboat, working the unimproved marble tile.
Should we compile a list of city names for the future cities so we are all on the same sheet?
We generally let the turnset player name the cities as he chooses. So feel free to establish that now, if you want.

I think you're missing the point. We actually gain two worker turns, not lose two. The difference is that we chop the forest where we're going to settle the city. This give 8H, not 16H. On the next turn, with the 8H option, the workers climb and pasture on the same turn. On the 16H option, the wokers climb the hill and have to wait until the next turn to pasture.

So, the tradeoff is 16H vs. 8H (that would otherwise go wasted as we'd settle on top of this forest) + two woker turns -> pigs pasture 1T sooner + gems mine 1T sooner. This means Gems City grows a turn sooner and can start working the gems sooner...

I'm unable to make this work. And I'm privy to the 1 pop settler rush. Per LC advise I will modify the worker rotation to build a road before pigs so as not to lose 2 worker turns.

I'm going to test chopping the forest under Gems City rather than the forest at Gems City-1E for these reasons:

1. These hammers would otherwise go to waste when we settle on top of them
2. This leaves the forest at Gems City-1E for Gems City
3. This turns the forest at Gems City-1E from a 16H chop in Delhi to a 30H chop in Gems City post Math
4. This gets the pigs pastured 1 turn sooner and the gems 1 turn sooner as well

It seems like a win-win-win-win if we can make it work. The question remains whether getting 8H instead of 16H in Delhi delays the settling of Marble City, which must happen on T62.

@Dhoom I'm talking about moving the warrior that is spawn busting at bananas-1N. Once the settler is at marble-SW, that warrior can move 1NE and still spawn bust the entire SW. Once Marble City is settled, that warrior is free to go wherever we want since our cultural borders light up every square in the SW. We just need to agree which way to send him.

I'm going to test chopping the forest under Gems City rather than the forest at Gems City-1E for these reasons:

1. These hammers would otherwise go to waste when we settle on top of them
2. This leaves the forest at Gems City-1E for Gems City
3. This turns the forest at Gems City-1E from a 16H chop in Delhi to a 30H chop in Gems City post Math
4. This gets the pigs pastured 1 turn sooner and the gems 1 turn sooner as well

It seems like a win-win-win-win if we can make it work. The question remains whether getting 8H instead of 16H in Delhi delays the settling of Marble City, which must happen on T62.

If your able to get this to work please provide a detailed turn plan as I've been unable to replicate. TY!

LowtherCastle said:
I may be wrong, but my thinking for Zlatorog is to try to get the granary completed before Zlatorog has 11f toward pop2. That way, we grow that city faster. In other words, as long as the deer is camped two turns before the granary's done, that's soon enough. So that worker can busy himself pre-chopping the granary before camping, then completing the chop after math.

Similar in Delhi, it would be nice to time a granary chop with food storage to maximize growth. OF course, that chop would come just after T64, but now's the time to plan it.
I'm not sure that it matters here, but remember that on the last turn of growing in Size (such as from Size 1 to Size 2), all of the Food gained on that last turn can "count" toward putting Food into storage into the Granary.

I don't have the game in front of me, but I'm going to assume that we need 22 Food to grow from Size 1 to Size 2. I'm just going to use the number 22 in the discussion, even if that's the wrong value.

Theoretically, Zlatorog can have 11 Food before the Granary is completed, grow at 22/22 Food, and have 11 Food carry over.

However, if, say, you have 20/22 Food and then work a City Centre + a 5-Food Deer, you will make +5 Food, giving you 25/22 Food. Those extra 3 Food can go into the Granary.

So, then, you could actually have 25 - 11 = 14 Food in your City before the Granary is completed.

Thus, you want to figure out how much Food you will have on the last turn and then work backward in the calculations to determine what's the most amount of Food that you can have stored before the Granary gets built, while still maximizing Granary storage space.

What I forget is whether or not the Granary gets built before the Food is added at the end of the turn or vice versa.

magnusmarcus said:
Since we don't yet have a Granary and since we have Grassland Hills Mine squares to work, working an extra Grassland Hills square (by only 1-pop-whipping instead of 2-pop-whipping) does work out a bit better in the long run, if I recall the math on the subject correctly.

If you find that the Worker turns still work out (I think that you said you needed an extra Forest Chop just to make the 1-pop-whip work) and if you don't need those Commerce (say, to try and get a tech one turn earlier), then I'm fine if you make it a 1-pop-whip.

If your able to get this to work please provide a detailed turn plan as I've been unable to replicate. TY!

I got it to work. I'll post my plan and a comparison in a bit.

@Dhoom

In your example, if on the turn the granary is completed we have 20/22 food and are at +5F, then on the following turn, the granary will have 25-22 = 3 + 5 = 8 food in the granary, not 14. This is based on my recollection of that study you and I did regarding the ideal time to whip a granary...

I got it to work. I'll post my plan and a comparison in a

bit.

Excellent your idea to get the free hammers wasted when settling and pasturing the pigs earlier interested me alot but I was unable to get it to work and get the library done in time. I'd love to see your solution.

magnusmarcus said:
I'm not even convinced that we still want to research Iron Working, now that we have access to Copper. I'm not certain, but I think that we were only teching Iron Working for fear that Copper might not appear.

Last SGOTM, which was created by the same Map Maker, required us to get Iron Working before being able to build Axemen, but since we have Copper this time, we probably don't need that tech.

Iron Working may help if 25 Iron Resources appear when we research the tech, but 0 might appear, too.

Fishing, although only useful for 1 Crab Resource (or 1 Fish Resource if we were to settle Marble City in a different location to grab the Fish Resource after a self-built Monument via the Marble gets us the Fish Resource), does at least guarantee us the chance to improve one Resource.

Fishing also gives us the chance to build a second Work Boat (or even a third one) to go exploring the world, at least as far as we can get before running into AI Cultural Borders.

Since Hammurabi apparently has a Coastal capital, we might not be able to sneak a Work Boat by him, but after we have at least 1 Axeman and go Worker-stealing from Toku again, we can probably sneak a Work Boat through Toku's Cultural Borders to go and explore (at least part of) the rest of the world.

We probably won't need that Work Boat until we're going to have an Axeman completed, but feasibly, we could explore with a Work Boat to see how far we can travel toward Hammurabi before being blocked by his Cultural Borders.

So, I'm in favour of researching Fishing. Whether Fishing or Pottery is teched first depends upon the details that you finally decide upon (such as LowtherCastle mentioning the possibility of getting a bit of extra Commerce from improving the Gem Mine earlier).

magnusmarcus said:
I believe that we have generally left the decision of naming a City to the active player--kind of like a little reward for being the one to execute the turnset.

Mitchum said:
In your example, if on the turn the granary is completed we have 20/22 food and are at +5F, then on the following turn, the granary will have 25-22 = 3 + 5 = 8 food in the granary, not 14. This is based on my recollection of that study you and I did regarding the ideal time to whip a granary...
Okay, well I'd have to play around with it again to get the exact inner-workings of it down pat again, but the point was that the math behind the calculation is a little bit trickier than would appear, meaning that saving the game before producing the Granary and then running through various scenarios in a test game will probably be the best approach to use, since calculating the Granary's Food by hand is a tricky endeavour.

magnusmarcus said:
your idea... interested me alot
I'm glad to see that you are enjoying the planning part of your turnset! :goodjob:

Here is my plan. I will upload the save in a second (it's on my other computer) and do a quick comparison. There are some debatable points, specifically the tech path.

Spoiler :
Tech Path Writing -> Fishing -> Wheel -> Priesthood -> Pottery -> Hunting -> Iron Working

Turn 48 2080BC

Gold Worker NW NW
Bronze Worker Mine
Zlatorog Worker Chop Zlatorog-S
Change Production in Zlatorog to worker
Zlatorog Works Gold only
GOLD-ELOCKS works Plains forest and gold this turn only This is debatable, but I tend to prefer to have more food than a warrior 1 turn earlier, especially if that warrior isn’t needed urgently
Tech Slider to Full
Delhi GrassHillMine x2 Floodplain Corn

Turn 49 2040BC

Deer worker W SW Mine
MM Delhi to work the copper mine (plus corn, FP and GHMine)
Zlatorog Worker Chop
Fort New warrior in Gold-E Locks. Produce worker. MM sheep Gold
GOLD-ELOCKS works Plains forest and gold this turn only

Turn 50 2000BC

Fort New warrior in Gold-E Locks. Gold-E Locks completes warrior and starts a worker.
Warrior heads E and then NE to fortify on the hill at Gold-E Locks-E-NE.
MM sheep Gold. Worker in 8 turns

Zlatorog 1S worker S SE
1 Bronze worker N Chop Cancel Order
1 Bronze worker W NW

Turn 51 1960BC

Delhi 1SE Worker NE Chop
Delhi 1SW Worker Chop
Delhi 2NW worker 1 SW Chop

Turn 52 1920BC

Nothing

Turn 53 1880BC

Writing -> Fishing. This lets Gems City start on a WB rather than a library that won’t be completed for MANY turns. We need an exploring WB soon to find the civ that lives to our west! We also get the 20% bonus beakers on Pottery by researching Fishing first.
All Workers Chop
Settler SW W
Delhi start on library
MM Delhi to work 2 Mines Bronze Corn
Library Should finish in 2 turns

Turn 54 1840BC

Delhi 1SW Worker W NW W + W and farm/stop. We might as well get some action out of this worker on this turn…
Pigs 2E Worker S SW to gems-N. This is the forest that would otherwise be lost when we settle Gems City on top of it. Chop Cancel order
Settler W NW
Delhi 2E Worker SW Chop
Critical MM: Citizens in Delhi should work the copper, corn, FP and GForest for max food. 12/28 +8F this turn. Library still completes next turn… barely. :D

Turn 55 1800BC

Fishing -> The Wheel
Worker at gems-E goes 1NW to gems-N and chops, giving 8H to Delhi.
Do All Worker Chops first!
2 Gem 1NE 1N Workers Chop
Settler Settles Pig Gem
Delhi finish Library 1 Scientist Corn FloodPlains Bronze 2 scientists + copper + corn putting 37 total hammers into settler. 28 from chops, 7 from hammers and 2 from food. Delhi has 20/28 food. Begin Settler
Delhi 1SE Worker Chop
Pig Gem Work Unimproved Gem Start on Library work boat!!

Turn 56 1760BC

MM Delhi 2 Scientists work Corn Bronze Already doing this from turn before.
Delhi 1SE Worker S Road We don’t know TW yet, so this worker goes 2E to the deer tile.
2Bombay 1E Workers SW Mine Gem pasture pigs. Pigs before gems is much better for city growth/development and we can do that on this turn without wasting worker turns since we chopped the forest at pigs-SE.

Turn 57 1720 BC

The Wheel -> Priesthood (1 turn)
Pigs pasture done. Switch citizen from unimproved gems to pigs.
Deer worker roads deer.
Critical MM: Switch build from settler (46/100) to barracks. Work 1 scientist, corn and copper. 20/28 with +6 food this turn.

Turn 58 1680 BC

Priesthood -> Pottery
Slavery Whip 1 pop in Delhi to finish settler. MM Delhi to work 2 scientists and corn Revolt to Slavery. 2 pop whip settler. CRITICAL: Be sure to switch production from the barracks to the settler. Twice in testing I accidentally whipped the barracks and not the settler!! Work 2 scientists. 26/24 with -2 food this turn!! This will allow us to grow to 3 pops immediately next turn and start working the corn plus 2 scientists.
Bronze Worker NE Road finishes the road on the deer.
Gold-E Locks Worker N Chop 1NW and road. As LC said, the sooner we get this road done the sooner this city gets +1 trade route income. The chops can come after the road is done.
Zlatorog worker 1NW Camp moves SE+SE. This worker is instead going to help liberate the forest under Marble City (+8 free hammers) and get the marble quarry done on time. We don’t know Hunting yet with my tech path, so there’s nothing for him to do around Zlatorog anyway.
2 Gems Workers E SE SE (Nix this) Both go E Road then road to pigs then road to forest NW of marble for quick trip back to pigs after Marble (also connects Pig gem to trade network earlier) mine the gems.
Zlatorog Start warrior
Gold-E Locks start Oracle

Turn 59 1640 BC

Delhi grows to 3 pops. Work 2 scientists + corn.
Tech Slider 0% When I tested this before, I was able to work the gems instead of the pigs and run the slider at 80% to get Pottery in 1 turn. I’m not sure what happened, but it looks like I’ll be a beaker short… so this time I chose to keep working the pigs with the slider at 0%.
Settler S S S + SW to the corn.
Delhi Start continues barracks
Zlatorog worker S+SE+S to Delhi.
Deer worker 1SE and road.

Turn 60 1600 BC

Tech Slider 100%
Settler S S SW + SE or SE + SW to mable-1W depending on if a forest is blocking the path either way.
Deer 1W Worker SE Road Completes road at deer SW.
1NW Gold-E Locks Worker W Chop chops in place.
Both gems workers move SW+SW+SW to join settler at marble-1W.
Delhi worker S+SE to copper and road/stop.

Turn 61 1560 BC

Pottery -> IW. One turn later than LC’s test due to the lost beaker. But, we have Fishing already and got the pre-req bonus beakers on Pottery…
Start granaries in Delhi and Bombay (unless we want to finish the WB first for faster exploration…)
Tech Slider to 0% saving up for IW.
Gems City grows to 2 pops and works pigs + gems.
Check point – GS in 3 turns.

Settler SW Settle start Boat work Marble 1S to marble SW.
Both workers at marble-1W go 1S and chop the forest under Marble City.
Copper worker (who just built partial road) 1SW to marble-N and farm/stop.
Deer-1SE worker NW+SW to copper-1E and build a road. I prefer to build a road here as opposed to copper-NE in the event that we want to settle a city to capture the fish later. Having a road segment at copper-1E will allow us to hook up this city sooner.
Warrior at banana-1N can move 1NE and then go either toward Toku or Hammy.

Zlatorog MM Work Camp Here is where I sacrifice development in Zlatorog for faster development of Bombay and more hammers (liberated hammers under both Gems City and Marble City). We can delay Hunting until after IW if we want, showing us where the iron is a bit sooner.

Turn 62 1520 BC

Tech Slider 0%
Zlatorog finishes warrior and starts granary. Move warrior to the NW, staying on forest tiles and fortify at Zlatorog W+NW.
Workers finish chop under Marble City.
Settle Marble City, start work boat while working the marble.
Two available workers start marble quarry.

21 E Bronze Worker SE finishes road.
1NW Gold-E Locks worker Road 1E to Gold-E Locks-1N and chop.
1NW Zlatorog worker S Chop

Turn 63 1480 BC

Copper-E worker moves 1W to copper and completes the partial road.
Marble City worker goes to marble and helps quarry.

Turn 64 1440 BC

Bulb Math Gold-E Locks Workers chop 2 forests to finish oracle
Zlatorog finish chop to finish spearman
Marble Workers NW NW towards pigs or Start chopping 2 nearby forests for Catas

Stop and upload. The next player can decide how best to use these two worker turns.

Attachments

• Test Save - liberate forests - OSS BC-1440.CivBeyondSwordSave
    129.1 KB · Views: 32
OK, I just ran a very quick comparison between my plan and magnusmarcus' plan.

Delhi: My plan is +15H and -16F.
Zlatorog: My plan is +6H and -15F (he's working a camp already so will be short some gold)
Gold-E Locks: My plan is +3F and -3H
Gems City: My plan is +6F and +2H
Marble City: Same
Tech: My plan is +57 gold and -37 beakers. He's already started taking the hit of not working the gold in Zlatorog.
Intangibles: I get Pottery 2 turns earlier, have a work boat started in Gems City and have an extra forest in Gems City (+30H).

So based on this, I don't see a strong reason to go one way over the other as the +s and -s seem to balance out... Thoughts?

BTW, I think some things can be done to improve magnusmarcus' test, like getting the road built to Gold-E Locks before pre-chopping. This would improve his test relative to mine a bit.

@

OK, I just ran a very quick comparison between my plan and magnusmarcus' plan.

Delhi: My plan is +15H and -16F.
Zlatorog: My plan is +6H and -15F (he's working a camp already so will be short some gold)
Gold-E Locks: My plan is +3F and -3H
Gems City: My plan is +6F and +2H
Marble City: Same
Tech: My plan is +57 gold and -37 beakers. He's already started taking the hit of not working the gold in Zlatorog.
Intangibles: I get Pottery 2 turns earlier, have a work boat started in Gems City and have an extra forest in Gems City (+30H).

So based on this, I don't see a strong reason to go one way over the other as the +s and -s seem to balance out... Thoughts?

BTW, I think some things can be done to improve magnusmarcus' test, like getting the road built to Gold-E Locks before pre-chopping. This would improve his test relative to mine a bit.

@

Frankly, I prefer marcus's idea of whipping the settler for 1 pop. It means that we'll be able to work both power tiles in Delhi almost continuously.

Thats something else I didn't think of. (the commerce hit because im doing the chops first) Thank you very much, I'll put that on my list.

Things I know I need to resolve with my test are as follows.

1.)The road to allow 1 turn movement to piggies.
2.)Not hooking up bronze too quickly to allow warrior to finish in zlatarog.
3.)Prioritize pottery (tech) and the building of granaries.
4.)Unit movement
5.)Commerce due to not connecting Gold-E Locks sooner.

I'm also playing with the idea of using the second Zlatarog worker to prechop prior to math in anticipation of chopping a granary in Delhi

I'll work this out when I get home and then we may be able to compare better. Apples to apples so to speak.

Frankly, I prefer marcus's idea of whipping the settler for 1 pop. It means that we'll be able to work both power tiles in Delhi almost continuously.

OK. But if you look at the output in Delhi, you trade 15H for 16F. So even working these power tiles only puts Delhi up a bit. Of course, it is one pop larger and will pull away in this area slightly. However, an earlier granary based on having Pottery 2 turns earlier could make up for much of that lost food, right? Plus we can get a granary in Gems City sooner since we have a 30H forest to chop there and can start it two turns earlier.

I don't think it's as easy as saying that working the power tiles is better because the proof is in the pudding. And there are tradeoffs in other places to consider.

I'll work this out when I get home and then we may be able to compare better. Apples to apples so to speak.

That sounds good. I think your test can be improved with a few minor tweaks.

I'm not advocating one method over another. Everything is a tradeoff that needs to be evaluated against our overall goals.

One thing we could do in both tests is to research Pottery before Fishing and/or Hunting. Doing so gets Pottery 2 or 3 turns sooner at the expense of Hunting and a deer camp in your test and at the expense of Fishing, a partial work boat instead of a partial library in Gems City and 20% bonus beakers in Pottery in my my test.

@Mitchum: I have a hunch it would be helpful to magnus if you separate out the differences that are independent of your Gems City chopping plan. For example, completing the warrior in Gold-E Locks a turn later for the extra food is completely independent, right?

@Mitchum: I have a hunch it would be helpful to magnus if you separate out the differences that are independent of your Gems City chopping plan. For example, completing the warrior in Gold-E Locks a turn later for the extra food is completely independent, right?

Good idea. Here are the things that are independent of the two plans:

1. Build road to connect Gold-E Locks to Delhi before pre-chopping. Only requires 3 road segments from the deer to Gold-E Locks.

2. Delay building the warrior in Gold-E Locks by one turn. We still get the worker on the same turn. But we exchange 3H for 3F. I'm not convinced that this way is better, by the way. If we do this, we end up at 3 pops one turn sooner, working an unimproved tile for 2 turns. If we finish the warrior on T49 like magnusmarcus is doing, we only end up working an unimproved tile for 1 turn. In general 1F > 1H. I'm not 100% convinced in this case though.

3. Don't forget to work the copper on T49 in Delhi.

4. Move the warrior in Gold-E Locks to the hill E+NE rather than fortifying him in the city.

5. On T54, the Delhi-1SW worker can build a partial farm rather than just moving to the forest and not performing any improvement that turn.

6. I don't do this in my test, but we can build the road at Gems City-SW SE rather than just climbing the pigs hill per the LC test. You were doing this right after finishing the chop and before doing the gems mine, right? That way we get the pigs pastured before the gems mined and get the city growing ASAP.

7. Depending on when Hunting is learned, the second worker from Zlatorog may or may not stick around Zlatorog. He may be able to do more useful things in Delhi and/or Marble City.

8. Move the settler to the corn so that he can go around any forest that might happen to grow in our path.

9. Start building granaries as soon as Pottery is learned in Delhi and Gems City (unless we get early Fishing and prefer the WB...). I think it best for Zlatorog to finish the warrior before starting on its granary.

10. Build the road segment at copper-1E rather than copper-1NE.

11. Start moving the warrior away from banana-1N as soon as the settler gets to his final location (T61). Be sure he is in a position to prevent barbs spawing at banana-1NW. @magnusmarcus, if you're not sure how spawn busting works, ask us. Hint: It has nothing to do with which tiles the unit can actually see (i.e. unfog).

12. Zlatorog warrior should head NW, not fortify in the city. In your test, you were still building a spear, so this didn't come up.

13. In general, move as few units as possible on the final turn of play. That way, whoever is up next has complete flexibility to do what makes the most sense going forward. You could just stop at the start of T64 or you could use the GS to bulb Math and use the two workers to chop the forests (assuming the marble quarry is done already).

We really need to nail down our tech path. I think we have three options:

Writing -> Wheel -> PH -> Pottery This gets us Pottery ASAP.

Writing -> Fishing -> Wheel -> PH -> Pottery This allows us to start a WB in Gems City and gives us 20% bonus beakers when researching Pottery.

Writing -> Wheel -> PH -> Hunting -> Pottery This gets us Hunting so that we can start camping the deer on the turn he's completed and gets Zlatorog off the ground sooner.

EDIT: We need to test whether Writing -> Wheel -> Pottery -> PH gets us PH in time to start the Oracle.

Top Bottom