+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

Longest Name Ever. Screenshots under Spoiler.

So. Here's the empire I had to build. I didn't know how long it would take, but I knew it was a lot. So Edinburgh was like my queen mother, pooping out Settlers every few turns. All the others I built a Library, Shrine, Market and Temple (still working on the 1000 temples achievement). Capped their Pop at 3, though I missed a few. Polynesia declared once on me, bought a few gatling guns and held him off. Beelined Calendar and built Stonehenge in the capital before I began expanding, rushed Maccu Picu in my second city with the Liberty GP. For religion I went Messenger of the Gods, Pagodas, the +happy from shrines, and 30% further spread.

Arboreal, Large (down to four civs), prince

Spoiler :

Starting Out

Finished (game not won, going for science, but achievement get)

Longest Name Ever. Screenshots under Spoiler.

So. Here's the empire I had to build. I didn't know how long it would take, but I knew it was a lot. So Edinburgh was like my queen mother, pooping out Settlers every few turns. All the others I built a Library, Shrine, Market and Temple (still working on the 1000 temples achievement). Capped their Pop at 3, though I missed a few. Polynesia declared once on me, bought a few gatling guns and held him off. Beelined Calendar and built Stonehenge in the capital before I began expanding, rushed Maccu Picu in my second city with the Liberty GP. For religion I went Messenger of the Gods, Pagodas, the +happy from shrines, and 30% further spread.
Awesome! I've been so close for 1k temples forever, too. How close is so close?

Alright I have made my religion the major religion of every Current and former capital city and all city states. I can confirm that I have not gotten the achievement doing that. The only thing remaining would be to hunt down each city state that has been conquered or more likely, married into and try those, however I am not sure if I want to waste my time. I may try a new game with no city states and test my luck there.

They were not under my control, I didn't take anyone's capital. Austria however was wiping people and city states out left and right.

OK I think I can confirm it is bugged unless someone has been able to get it. I just did another game as the Celts, large map, settler diffilculty. I built a ton of cities and got the achievement for the long name. I produced a ridiculous amount of great prophets and spread my religion to each capital city ( no one lost their capital city) I have no city states in the game. All of the capitals in the game follow Taoism, yet no achievement.

Hmm, i have "Share intrigue with XXX" several times without getting
Intelligence Network: Share intrigue with a player who previously shared intrigue with you.

The Button could be find on Diplomacy - Discuss (after someone has shared inf. like YYY is secretly plotting against XXX)

205, 22 left

For that one, it's not necessary that you share intrigue as a direct response to intrigue shared with you; you just have to share intrigue with a civ that shared intrigue with you sometime in the same game. Sharing intrigue can be accessed by clicking on the intrigue notification icon that pops up in on your screen when you have received intrigue.

Intelligence Network: Share intrigue with a player who previously shared intrigue with you.

That part.

In order to get achievement, FIRST, Gustavus Adolphus needs to warn you that Dido is going to backstab you for the 90th time, then, if you share intrigue with him YOU found, you'll get the achievement.

ALSo, while we're talking about achievements

The achievement that needs you to adopt Papal Primacy and ally with 12 states will be achieved easily, you do not need your religion in the 12 city states.

Sharing intrigue can be accessed by clicking on the intrigue notification icon that pops up in on your screen when you have received intrigue.
Nothing happens when I click notification icon. After notification icon pops up I use Diplomacy - Discuss to share intrigue. Is the the same? (I'm on mac.)

That part.

In order to get achievement, FIRST, Gustavus Adolphus needs to warn you that Dido is going to backstab you for the 90th time, then, if you share intrigue with him YOU found, you'll get the achievement.
I have done this several time using Diplomacy - Discuss to share intrigue. :(

Well, it might be different for Macs, but if the intrigue notification icon identifies a target (as opposed to just saying something like 'Attila is planning a sneak attack on another civilization', which doesn't identify the target), then clicking on it should take you to that screen without having to go and open up diplomacy and then go to 'discuss'.

OK I think I can confirm it is bugged unless someone has been able to get it. I just did another game as the Celts, large map, settler diffilculty. I built a ton of cities and got the achievement for the long name. I produced a ridiculous amount of great prophets and spread my religion to each capital city ( no one lost their capital city) I have no city states in the game. All of the capitals in the game follow Taoism, yet no achievement.
I can also confirm it. I have spread my religion to every single city on a standard map (settler level) and no achievement...

N.B.
Only one world religion (Judaism)

I can also confirm it. I have spread my religion to every single city on a standard map (settler level) and no achievement...

N.B.
Only one world religion (Judaism)

Here's another confirm for bugged status on "We Are Family". I've stamped out all other religions and still nothing.

At least now I can move on to other achievements without banging my head in frustration over this one.

Well, it might be different for Macs, but if the intrigue notification icon identifies a target (as opposed to just saying something like 'Attila is planning a sneak attack on another civilization', which doesn't identify the target), then clicking on it should take you to that screen without having to go and open up diplomacy and then go to 'discuss'.
Intelligence Network:
Finally I got it. I was playing on Tiny (3 AI) and my mistake was to fast research.... With 3/4 spies i never got the pop up from X telling me Y is going to backstab me.... I only got the pop from X that X is planing to attack me (useless for the achievement...)

With only one spy in one of three AI Capital I finally got a "different" pop up (full screen) from X telling me that Y is planning to attack me. X also tells me to pls return the favor... :)

Empires of the Smoky Skies has been the best scenario so far, too bad you can't play multiplayer scenario :(

214/227 => 13 left, Fall of Rome (6) + Into the Renaissance scenario (6) + broken We are Family

I rank them as follow:
  1. Empires of the Smoky Skies
  2. Korea
  3. 1066: Year of Viking Destiny
  4. Completed Wonders of the Ancient World
  5. Conquest of the New World
  6. Rise of the Mongols
  7. Paradise Found

How did you get "indoctrinated!".

I just tried getting it my capturing a great prophet from a rival and spreading it to my own holy city. I converted my holy city to their religion, but did not get the achievement. Does the AI have to actually do it?

Top Bottom