civ5map -> lua: Play The World Extended (Brave New World Edition)

nORb Dragon

Chieftain
Greetings.

And again i apologize immediately for my English. :) English is not native for me. Sorry for long waits, bad mood caught me.

In attach you can find lua-script for civ5 game (single player and multiplayer). Used map for convertion: Play The World Extended (Brave New World Edition) v.1 by Hormigas. This map is based on the well known Yet Another Giant Earth Map from Gedemon in 180x94 and wouldn't have been possible without his hard work in converting Genghis Kai's GEM for Civ5.

How to install and play:
  1. Close game client.
  2. Unpack archive.
  3. Copy file "Play The World Extended BNW v_1_1.lua" to <GameFolder>\Assets\Maps\
  4. Run game client, create game (single or multiplayer).
  5. Press "Advanced Setup" for open advanced game create options.
  6. Select Map Type "Play The World Extended BNW v.1.1 (lua)".
  7. World size setting not affect to true game size (map size is locked by script).
  8. Set max count City-States for your game (how much you want, but script drop some City-States if need).
  9. Start game and play!

You think about multiplayer? Just give this lua-script to your friends for install. But map is very huge (180x94), so you need good hardware (RAM, usually) for start and stable play.

Playable civilizations (with "true start locations"):
  1. America
  2. Arabia
  3. Assyria
  4. Austria
  5. Babylon
  6. Brazil
  7. Byzantium
  8. Carthage
  9. China
  10. Denmark
  11. Egypt
  12. England
  13. Ethiopia
  14. France
  15. Germany
  16. Greece
  17. India
  18. Indonesia
  19. Japan
  20. Korea
  21. Mongolia
  22. Morocco
  23. Persia
  24. Poland
  25. Polynesia
  26. Portugal
  27. Rome
  28. Russia
  29. Siam
  30. Songhai
  31. Spain
  32. Sweden
  33. The Aztecs
  34. The Celts
  35. The Huns
  36. The Inca
  37. The Iroquois
  38. The Maya
  39. The Netherlands
  40. The Ottomans
  41. The Shoshone
  42. The Zulus
  43. Venice

PS: and about used tools. I will share tools after internal tests. But I fear the possible consequences of this action. Which it can cause chaos and confusion among the players around converted maps.

2013.07.31: (v.1.1)
- added shoshone/aztec/polynesia units into "start package";
- added worker into "start package".

Attachments

• Play The World Extended BNW.zip
    107 KB · Views: 5,313
  • Play The World Extended BNW v1_1.zip
    107 KB · Views: 14,728
This sounds interesting. Could I see some screenshots?

Screenshots of what? Map's screenshots? I'm lazy. :) This lua-script generates map 1:1 as map "Play The World Extended (Brave New World Edition)" - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160163330 . Difference in a variety of civilizations choice. With "true start locations". No difference in landscape.

Original map is very popular for solo-playing, i think. So i don't see reasons for screenshots. :)

Some things still messed up. Started as shoshone started with a warrior and that's it and some tiles that should be flood plains are just desert.

I started playing this map but noticed that playing as russia that greece was on the map?
Also is there a way to change the starting gold of some Civs?

Some things still messed up. Started as shoshone started with a warrior and that's it and some tiles that should be flood plains are just desert.

1. Landscape as is at original map "Play The World Extended (Brave New World Edition) v.1". No changes by me. So, if in original map there are just desert... You can open World Builder and check original map. "No feature" at this tiles. Not "Flood Plains". I don't see any rights for doing changes to landscape in not my map. Compare maps (original vs. generated by script) and find differences in landscape. If you find, give me information. This is must be bug in converter then. If no differences - ask Hormigas about flood plains.

2. About warrior. Script creates "default starting pack" (warrior + settler) for all civilizations. I can modify script, add part for shoshone's pathfinder. Other civs have alternative for warrior? Or Shoshone only? Can't remember.

Jad69er said:
I started playing this map but noticed that playing as russia that greece was on the map?
Can't understand question, sorry. >.< English is not native for me.

Jad69er said:
Also is there a way to change the starting gold of some Civs?
If you know lua...

You can add one string in lua-script ( in function StartPlotSystem() ) and test
Code:
Players[0]:setGold(1000);

Also will this set the gold for all civs? I want to change the starting gold for england

Greece wasnt on the map?

Check first post. Greece is there (at position #16). But Civilization 5 (without mods) have restrictions: 22 major and 41 minor (city-states) civilizations. If you set random civilizations for your game, game select random civilizations. Maybe with Greece, maybe without. 43 major civilizations in civ5, but game can use 22 "players" max. Not more. So, if you set Greece for any AI-player, Greece will be there. Use "advanced setup" option for set AI-civilizations.

About starting gold for civilization by type. Example for England: find string #4598 ( function nORbConvWorld:GetCivStartPlot ), and add next string
Code:
pPlayer:setGold(1000);

Example:
Code:
elseif (thisCiv.Type == "CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND") then ResultPos = {12,72};
pPlayer:setGold(1000);

This code gives England 1000 gold at start. How i think, not tested. xD

If you want gold for all civilizations, you can use this command also, but in other place. Add this command somewhere in function nORbConvWorld:GetCivStartPlot. In string #4579, if hard to decide for you.

Check first post. Greece is there (at position #16). But Civilization 5 (without mods) have restrictions: 22 major and 41 minor (city-states) civilizations. If you set random civilizations for your game, game select random civilizations. Maybe with Greece, maybe without. 43 major civilizations in civ5, but game can use 22 "players" max. Not more. So, if you set Greece for any AI-player, Greece will be there. Use "advanced setup" option for set AI-civilizations.

What do you mean?

Not sure whats happened but now i load it shows just all cloud and ends the game...

Cloud and ends the game? Congratulations! You are broke lua-script. xD

Well, my mistake, setGold() not working. :) SetGold() must be work, but... hmm, no errors, but still no gold.

Aye! Change setGold to SetGold and add in the end of lua-script this strings:
Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function GetGameInitialItemsOverrides()
	print("GetGameInitialItemsOverrides()");
	return {
		-- Prevent setting initial gold since we are setting it explicitly in this script.
		GrantInitialGoldPerPlayer = {
			[0]  = false, [1] = false, [2] = false, [3] = false, [4] = false,
			[5]  = false, [6]  = false, [7]  = false, [8]  = false, [9]  = false,
			[10] = false, [11] = false, [12] = false, [13] = false, [14] = false,
			[15] = false, [16] = false, [17] = false, [18] = false, [19] = false,
			[20] = false, [21] = false,
		},
	};
end

Hey Nord,

Got a problem with the multiplayer aspect. While this version works fine for multiplayer, the Gods & Kings edition you have doesn't work so well.

Basically, no matter what I do, starting The World Extended (Gods & Kings) multiplayer it puts the AI into the same team, team 22 to be exact.

Also, noticed that the map is scripted to have civs onto it, while the BNW edition doesn't. What I mean is, if I just have 3 player slots, and the rest of them closed and then start a game, there will be 18 civs or so on the map, all on the same team. If I put in additional AI slots, those additional AI will be on TOP of those 18 civs.

However, with the BNW edition this isn't the case. How come?

Anyhow, the BNW edition works fine in multplayer for me, it doesn't put the AI into the same team. Was just wondering will there be any issues considering myself and my friends don't have BNW?

Lua-script for G&K version is bugged. :) But noone says this. Only one man sends me email about this bug. 13 july, after Brave New World release. I can update lua-script for G&K, if someone needs.

Difference between G&K and BNW scripts (without bugfixes) in new natural wonders from BNW + maybe little changes in landscape by Hormigas. I don't know, will be issues for G&K with natural wonders or not.

I've figured out what's been causing it. Because Civ 5 doesn't support more than 12 players in a multiplayer session, it was bugging out with the additional AI in the game. So, what I did was edit the xml in the expansion folder that, and changed the default setting from 12 to 22 for the civs. That seems to have fixed the issue.

However, as you say, G&K is bugged. So I'm going to use the BNW edition and see how that goes.

Could you add more ruins in Poland and all Europe area? Also more horses above river Wis&#322;a in Poland.

Top Bottom