Xml file edition ignored by the game ?

Ritonlerouge

Chieftain
Hello everyone !

I have been trying to slow down research by editing CIV5GameSpeeds.xml by following the method of this GameFaQs topic ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938528-sid-meiers-civilization-v/59144514 ), but when I am done changing the number of the <ResearchPercent> line (from 100 to 300), and I start a new game in standard pace (the pace I edited), there is 0 difference. I don't understand how the game can ignore it...

What am I doing wrong ?

Are you trying to implement that like a Civ 4 mod (i.e. placing a modified XML file in your mod folder)? That won't work.

You will need to use ModBuddy and set up the OnModActivated > UpdateDatabase actions. Also, the following SQL statement should change all research percents by 3x.
Code:
UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = ResearchPercent * 3;

@ThorHammerz: It's not how to create a real mod, but it does work.

@Ritonlerouge: You probably have one or both of the expansions, in which case the folder you're looking for is in Assets\DLC\Expansion2\ for Brave New World or Assets\DLC\Expansion\ for Gods+Kings.

If you really want to get into modding, though, then you should learn to do it right and follow Thor's advice.

Thank you for all of your answers ! I am now sufficiently educated to accomplish what I want to achieve I believe ; my goal is just to slow down the research speed in my game so that I can enjoy units and eras more. I don't intend to create a real mod per-say, I hope this thread is in the right section...

Thank you again !

Top Bottom