Question about tourism.

nokmirt

Emperor
I am working on a mod based in Europe. Can someone explain to me how Spain has so much influence over France and the United Kingdom? They both have the freedom ideology, yet they are both having dissidents and are influenced by Spain's culture or tourism. France also has 4 tourism and Spain only 2. Spain is also influencing the US across the pond who also have dissidents. The USSR is also influenced by Spain's autocracy. I just don't get it. I don't see how that can happen. If someone can explain I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :sad:

I gave Spain futurism. Could that be the problem?

More than one Civ can have the Internet? your statement made it sound like only one Civ can get it.

I am working on a mod based in Europe. Can someone explain to me how Spain has so much influence over France and the United Kingdom? They both have the freedom ideology, yet they are both having dissidents and are influenced by Spain's culture or tourism. France also has 4 tourism and Spain only 2. Spain is also influencing the US across the pond who also have dissidents. The USSR is also influenced by Spain's autocracy. I just don't get it. I don't see how that can happen. If someone can explain I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :sad:

I gave Spain futurism. Could that be the problem?

Check the Culture Overview screen and switch from your nation to Spain, it will tel how much Tourism has been accumulated across the other nations.

It's not Tourism on Tourism that determines Ideology pressure, but Tourism on Culture, and it's not actually the overtaking of it.

As time goes by the influence level raises and changes from Exotic to Familiar to Dominant to Influential, the higher this rank, the more ideological pressure is being exerted on other ideologies.

If you are using mods, then it's also a possible culprit as one wrong conflict can cause a huge mess, but that seems unlikely since it sounds like you are playing a True Start Location.

Also, when looking at the tourism screen, tourism is considered their offense while culture is considered their defense.

Also, when looking at the tourism screen, tourism is considered their offense while culture is considered their defense.

I think it is happening because of futurism. We'll see I have to playtest some more. If tourism is offensive it certainly is working.

I think it is happening because of futurism. We'll see I have to playtest some more. If tourism is offensive it certainly is working.

Yes, futurism and the tourism per turn that you're making.

Futurism would certainly be able to do that, yes.

It's also possible that Spain got autocracy passed as the world ideology in the World Congress/UN.

Top Bottom