1000 Clues You Play Civilization V Too Much.

79. (This happened) You freak out when you significant other suggests that you not play Civ for week after suggesting that a revolution is emminent in the USA

69. You miss the psycho military advisor.:(
70. And the eccentric science advisor.:(:(
71. And the Russian spy foreign advisor.:(:(:(
72. And especially the Elvis impersonating happy advisor.::cry:
73. You keep expecting to move twice as fast on roads.
78. You seriously consider making a WWII scenario using a copy of the World in Flames map.

74.you forgot the greedy economic advisor (seriously to me he's forgettable)
75. you called the road authority and want them to build railways instead of roads.
76. you think tomahawk missiles cannot be shot down
77. you now eat two apples a day instead of bread

80. you were so engrossed you forgot to write #74-77... :rotfl:

81. you play panzer general, got inspired and made a civ v mod...

82. You kick your coworker out of his cube because you have culturally expanded.
83. You pull the fire alarm inorder to get a Domination victory.

84. You register the civfanatics forum to make your first post about a clue on how much you play a game it's not even out yet.
85. You spend your work day reading the manual, the reviews, the forums, the tech tree over and over.
86. You curse the firaxis gods for being european, but then apologise and punish yourself, and than praise their mercifull wisdom for at least letting you play the demo.
87. You have mixed felings on how "cool" can it be they removed x and y feature.
88. You have mixed felings on how "cool" can it be they added w and z feature.
89. You realize your heresy, and so grab a torch and demand a fundamentalist government on the streets, all while moving hexagonally.
90. You can no longer distinguish between civ i to v, but you're pretty sure civ v is dumbed down, and still you know you'll be more addicted then ever.

92. You leave your PC on each night for a week for defragmenting, disk clean-up, virus/spyware scans, and downloading updating video drivers with the hope that you might improve its performance enough to lessen the loading time between turns.

All in the name of squeezing 1 to 2 extra turns in before passing out on September 21st.

The actual fog of war is darkness in CiV as well. The clouds represent unexplored areas, mislabeled "fog of war".

93. You post a clarification about a feature in the game in the "1000 Clues" thread :mischief:

somebody forgot 91... you realise finally that catherine is getting hotter and hotter from civ to civ... until in civ v she looks more like any other queen...

94. you dismiss advance wars (a nintendo handheld game) because while it does not feature stacking, the maps are horribly non-organic (i.e. no hex)

95. You get so busy spamming on this thread you forget 20-29
96. for the first time in your life, you go to bed at 7 pm, wake up at 2 am and start installing CiV which was released 2 hours earlier. Then go to work at 6am (true story)
97. you REALLY need to pee.. but then again, you're in classical age, and the turn load isn't long enough before the industrial age.

96. for the first time in your life, you go to bed at 7 pm, wake up at 2 am and start installing CiV which was released 2 hours earlier. Then go to work at 6am (true story)

Lol, and I thought I was the only one ^^

98. You plan a vacation into the amazon in hopes of finding ancient ruins that upgrade you to a GIANT DEATH ROBOT!

99. You start telling people, "I don't like your face. I wish you'd go away."
100. When you're upset with someone you staple a piece of paper to your forehead with the word, "HOSTILE" written in red letters.
101. You restart your new game 3 times to get an area that's not all plains and hills.

102. You take some cotton to a friend's house offering to trade it for gems or gold. (What? Doesn't this cotton make you HAPPY?!)

103. You get tired of real life rivers and streams being beautiful or even attractive.

104. If you ever meet a person named Monte you declare war.

105. You demand gold and wine from people in the office with whom you've just won an argument.

106. You want to spend 300 dollars to upgrade your pony to a helicopter gunship.

107. After winning a couple games as Arabia you apply for a job at an economic think-tank.

108. You blab to your friends about the game constantly, and they all have blank stares because they've never heard of Civilization.

109. You know all of the leaders, and their dialog in the diplomacy screen by heart, and recite it whenever the screen comes up.

110. You've already filled the Hall of Fame with Immortal games, most of which that you've won.

111. You've already made a Mod for the game, and wonder why nobody else is downloading it.

112. You can already do things like reading the next tile from fog of war.

Top Bottom