What determine the best player in SP? Is more important final score or final turn?

My question was born with the porpouse to better understand the game, of course!!:) As says Acken!
And was born waching something of incredible i think...so a make u another question linked to the main.

I read on this forum on strategy and tips some macht win at turn 150 (or around there, that's the point!!!!).....how does it's possible!!!! I can't understand it!!!:):)
I mean: i win normally by domination, level 6, continents, normal speed, 8 player by turn 380 to 420.......how can someone win 250 turns before????

I'm not good with english that's why i courtesly ask you this. I did not understand if (i'm not sure) this guys use some particular setting......i think i understan use double speed of units or something like this.....the pangea too make the thing a little (a little) more fast but.....how you see that things? Do you think is possible to win for domination (not turn 150 but) at the turn 200, 220 with my settings?? That score was only question of pure ability or was question of setting too???
Sorry I hope you understand that i post this question not yet not to doubt the truth or value of those results!! But only because their exceptionality (for my actual ability) added to my ignorance of the English language make me inable to understand it! I think.

No special settings required no.
Ok! I'll try to do with a reason:crazyeye: .... somehow!:) incredible.....

So in my agenda there will be some hours of play, and tryng to understand more about this results reading the forum.....aniway i hope to found some of this results in a damn video!!:)....it will be very dimostrative!!! Much more than a written source for me that does not chew English

It seems to me that even end of game score is mostly meaningless.

Does not the end of game score keep going up the longer the game goes on? (Which is not how it worked for earlier Civ iterations.) Also, the score is only somewhat inflated by difficulty level. (Again, quite different from previous Civs).

How much can one really compare scores between games? Does difficulty level and approximate finish time need to be the same for score to accurately reflect the stronger game? Or can one meaningfully compare end of game score with broader parameters?

End game score he says is better 'couse it takes into accounts of the "timing" i think.....i agree to him because of this

I have one domination game in my LP thread in my signature

Acken! If i could found a Religion Acken will be on the altar!!:):king:
No i have only the time to see final video with Babilonia....incredible, thank you.
Soon when i have the time i'll whaching the entire match and the other yours...thank you very much and compliments! An immediate curiosity: what final score give you winning on turn 178?

No idea I don't care for score. My 2 domination games are babylonia and China on my channel.

Acken i see 3 videos of your China domination and....well, thank you 'cause now i think i see something that open the boundaries of what i just imagined about the game: now i just have another vision of the game really unaspected!:):)
The more correct expression of my impression is: incredible. I can't actually analize or deepen some ideas about that cause it's a level very very far to my actual.....so i hope to improve thank's to your videos too...
Aniway i ask you this: approximately playng on continet at what turn do you end? I don't know pangea....i play ever continent until now....i think that will occour in average 30 turns more? But i don't know, so i ask you....cause i don't find a domination in continent map

Contnents is a lot longer because if I want to do it with crossbows I have to get astronoy and swim and meanwhile I can't kill more than 3. A good game is closer to 200, a difficult one in the 240 with late game techs.

On Deity. Everything lower is faster.

Contnents is a lot longer because if I want to do it with crossbows I have to get astronoy and swim and meanwhile I can't kill more than 3. A good game is closer to 200, a difficult one in the 240 with late game techs.

On Deity. Everything lower is faster.

Ok. I'm so confused:crazyeye: my doubt is if Cid Meyer create the Tank and the Bombarder only for the bad player like me....or if that was optimized for the huge maps...i think the huge maps nedds more times so...another clue of this is that the map Terra (earth) on normal is so unrealistic.
So i think you are a very great player but maybe i am a very bad one!!:) causeif i am the normal: i think you are a kind of alien and the huge maps were unplayable (cause very hard).

Apart from these stupid consideration i see some of your video guide...they are fantastic. I think i'll watching all, i whatched the first with the maya, like a say before i can't imagine to play like that....

A question: watching your style of playng (your capacity to take advantage of every inch of the map) i think that the bonus of Washington is not so bad (for you it's clear) like all the guide of the world seem to say. On the countrary it will be a great ability i think. It'so? And in fact i ever asked why the game as give a bonus so neutral (but neutral is not!) to the America!

No, America is one of my most disliked civilization. The bonus is bland and mostly useless. It helps getting a ruin or two and that's it. You don't need spoting for conquest, just use civil units and cavalry to give sight to your artillery/bombers.

Having high score is kind of easy to do in SP. The not having a high score would measure a player skill a lot better.

No, America is one of my most disliked civilization. The bonus is bland and mostly useless. It helps getting a ruin or two and that's it. You don't need spoting for conquest, just use civil units and cavalry to give sight to your artillery/bombers.

Ok. Aniway when say America i think to the 50% less on the cost of the tiles, i say this whatching you'r gameplay with Inca full of micromanagement.
Aniway i need more and more pratice to go near to tour matchs. Now for me to spam composite bowmen and conquer it seem's to me a trick, i want to say that i made it 'cause i see another, you, do this....and the funny thing is that i cannot even be able to do it!!:lol::lol: nowhere near!!:lol: i don't make it because i understand the utility!
So i think i need much and much practise, assimilate (more easy to say) assimilate the time of the game: the timimng of technology and to understand at all the effect of units and technologies on the game. I think is this that make you a kind of stopwatch of civilization!! very spectacular your plays.
Now i end to level 6 at turn 350 my cultural win (maybe 320 with France and Brasil) 330 the diplomatic and the scientific i don't know exactly. Cause in theese days i'm having many time and i'm improve quickly. Domination i have to try. I think i need aniway a lot of time!:)

Having high score is kind of easy to do in SP.

What? Why all the advise then to struggling players to ignore in-game score? Having high score is actually quite hard in SP, harder even than winning by Domination. High score is only easy at lower difficultly levels, and OP is asking about best player in SP.

Has anyone ever won a peaceful Deity game by high score?

Top Bottom