The East Indies

I've been busy formatting my pc, so it takes a little longer. Do the other downloaders have problems, is my question. Since it's been downloaded almost 500 times now...

So, CivLucas, I started playing 2.15 while I wait for 2.16 or
a fix for 2.17. I was playing on the India map and having such
fun, but then it crashed. Boo Hoo! Please upload 2.16 so I can
try again.

I've been working on 2.16 these days, implemented some things from 2.17 that don't cause crashes. And it seems to work great, played a caribbean game for 300 turns and no crashes at all. :D

I've been working on 2.16 these days, implemented some things from 2.17 that don't cause crashes. And it seems to work great, played a caribbean game for 300 turns and no crashes at all. :D

So, CivLucas, I am downloading version 2.16. But amazingly I
am on turn 170 using 2.17 on the India map with no problems.
Perhaps the problem is map specific? I wanted to tell you what
fun I am having. The original Colonization is an old favorite.
And India is a place I am fascinated with. So I have gone in
as the British, looking for my favorites, the Bengalis, to save them from the Mughal menace. Ha! Not exactly the goal the designers had in mind? But anyhow I am sort of a fan of yours. The only way
to make it better for me would be if the ships started on the Bengal side side of the map and there was a playable Hindu faction. But anyhow I am playing Colonization in India so it is
great, thanks for making it. Ted

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :). Starting in the east would be a bit odd, since the europeans came from the west. :p I've been thinking of a hindu civ too, was thinking about the maratha empire, if you could help me out to find 3 good leaders, and 3 leaderheads (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=37) I can create it pretty fast :D

Can you still buy guys in the europe screen though? Because that was the biggest error.

Edit: One big problem with the Maratha's is the city names, they mostly conquered cities so might be already in the game.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :). Starting in the east would be a bit odd, since the europeans came from the west. :p I've been thinking of a hindu civ too, was thinking about the maratha empire, if you could help me out to find 3 good leaders, and 3 leaderheads (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=37) I can create it pretty fast :D

Can you still buy guys in the europe screen though? Because that was the biggest error.

Edit: One big problem with the Maratha's is the city names, they mostly conquered cities so might be already in the game.

Hi, I am slow and still just on turn 230 but no problems, Europe screen or anywhere. I have almost all the map uncovered and never did find a Bengali though. I have a world history book that is telling me the big man in Maratha is Sivaji, who established the kingdom in 1674.Two other notables were Sindhia and Holkar.
Amazingly almost all the hindu looking folks were on page one in the link, taxiles, porus and chibinda. I am just scratching the
surface here, seeing the heads of such as hitler, aliens, aquaman, dr doom, Rama, and beowulf really send my mind to spinning.
But is still the Bengalis that get me, The rest here from wiki...
The "Bengal renaissance can be said to have started with Raja Ram Mohan Roy (1775-1833) and ended with Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941]
Nineteenth century Bengal was a unique blend of religious and social reformers, scholars, literary giants, journalists, patriotic orators and scientists, all merging to form the image of a renaissance, and marked the transition from the 'medieval' to the 'modern'. During this period, Bengal witnessed an intellectual awakening that is in some way similar to the Renaissance in Europe during the 16th century. Thanks again, Ted

New user....die hard player!!

I'm trying to download the 2.16 east indies patch (The discription sounds really great, nice work CivLucas).
But the download is going to takes 5 hours! Is that normal?:sad:

New user....die hard player!!

I'm trying to download the 2.16 east indies patch (The discription sounds really great, nice work CivLucas).
But the download is going to takes 5 hours! Is that normal?:sad:

It's quite a large file, because of all the leaderheads. And of course if you have or haven't got a fast internet connection.

By the way it's not a patch or something, just an earlier version that I made but hadn't uploaded ;)

Hi, I don't know if this will help, but before I started my
latest game I had reset some xp configs to "Let windows
decide the size of swap file and let windows choose between
programs and background priorities." Back to Maratha, their
overseas king could be Rama, let the other players wonder
where the stuff comes from. : ) About east side-west side, if you
are in a port near the bay of Bengal and you see a ship on the
horizon, you don't know if it came from east or west. I may have
to break down and try to figure out how to make games, I would
like to see the Vikings. Several Viking kings vie for control of
Europe? And modern day, the USA splits up, it seems to me the
possibilities are endless. The rules can be warped. By the way CivLucas, I never did find any Bengalis, do you know why? Were they wiped out before I got to their area or were they just not on the India map, do you remember?

The civ's and cities on the maps are still random, as I'm not really a map-maker I haven't looked into it yet.
Vikings and USA don't really fit in, I want to keep it as historically as possible and to keep the timeline from 1500 to 1800.

It's quite a large file, because of all the leaderheads. And of course if you have or haven't got a fast internet connection.

By the way it's not a patch or something, just an earlier version that I made but hadn't uploaded ;)

Normaly the speed of my internet connection is perfect. So i tried to reboot en retry the download. But it wasn't possibble to download the file at all. I got looped back to the download button, time after time.?!

Anyway, thanks for the reaction. I'll solve it out, one way or another.

The civ's and cities on the maps are still random, as I'm not really a map-maker I haven't looked into it yet.
Vikings and USA don't really fit in, I want to keep it as historically as possible and to keep the timeline from 1500 to 1800.

Hi CivLucas, I have found the bengalis in about the year 1760.
And my ramblings about Vikings and USA, that would be 2 new
projects from scratch, nothing to do with your current project.
Could you kindly tell me in a nutshell, make it easy for me, how
to get started making a scenario. Say I want to make the Viking
edition, could I save time using a map of Europe that someone else
has already made and just convert it to how I like it. What tools and resources will I need to pull it off? The only scenario making
I ever tried was a couple on age of rifles and one on unlimited
adventures. Some of my favorite games have been Conquest of the new world deluxe, Hammer of the Gods, History of the world, Kingmaker, Son of legends, shining force, rings of power.
I have updated my profile, I have a son older than you, he teaches me stuff on computer from time to time. Thankksss, Ted
I'm just a big kid.

Unrar or paste it into your My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS\
folder. Then use the shortcut which is in the mod (for exact place see downloadpage) or you can just start up colonization and at options choose 'load a mod'

Hi CivLucas, I have found the bengalis in about the year 1760.
And my ramblings about Vikings and USA, that would be 2 new
projects from scratch, nothing to do with your current project.
Could you kindly tell me in a nutshell, make it easy for me, how
to get started making a scenario. Say I want to make the Viking
edition, could I save time using a map of Europe that someone else
has already made and just convert it to how I like it. What tools and resources will I need to pull it off? The only scenario making
I ever tried was a couple on age of rifles and one on unlimited
adventures. Some of my favorite games have been Conquest of the new world deluxe, Hammer of the Gods, History of the world, Kingmaker, Son of legends, shining force, rings of power.
I have updated my profile, I have a son older than you, he teaches me stuff on computer from time to time. Thankksss, Ted
I'm just a big kid.

Hey, you should ask NeverMind or some of the other colonization map-makers, He made them all for me. There is a guide on how to transform civ4 maps into colonization maps somewhere on this site. And I believe that's what NeverMind also did. And I saw several map maker programmes for civ4 which you might also want to use. But fore more info you should ask somebody else. :goodjob:

it works... perfect. Thanks for the advice.
Damn this mod is cool. Teh game is going to consume all my sparetime, for the next months!!! My girlfriend is not so pleased with that ;)

Dear CivLucas,
I installed the 2.16 and the game starts, I played some turns.
But I am still haunted by the former problems (not able to see many of the leaders' names).
What should I do ?

Top Bottom