The divine decision: Part Deux

Bozo Erectus

Master Baker
Obviously this one was inspired by Perfections thread:goodjob: Which song would the Supreme Being pick for himself? I think he'd pick 'Reach Out And I'll Be There' by the Four Tops.

You mean the music from the Star Wars bar scene, with the weird aliens? That would be cool.

Whenever he speaks to "lower beings" he'd play the Umpa-Lumpa song.

The lack of this song in current religions shows that they can't be worshipping one of the real gods.

Maybe he could dance like the old guy from the Six Flags commercial:p

Well, "What If God Was One Of Us" by Joan Osborne would be the obvious choice.

"Highway to Hell" by ACDC because if I have to have a god I want him to have a sense of humor, irony, and sarcasm.

"Your Song" by Elton John, because that's a good song, and God is good, therefore it's his song.

stratego said:
"Your Song" by Elton John, because that's a good song, and God is good, therefore it's his song.

Not if Christianity is right, because Elton John is gay and therefore "bad/evil".

test_specimen said:
Not if Christianity is right, because Elton John is gay and therefore "bad/evil".

Actually, homosexuality is bad, not the homosexuals. God loves homosexuals, just as he loves adulterers: he hates the sin, not the sinner. So, try and leave your militant athiesm out of at least one thread, ok?

Pasi Nurminen said:
Actually, homosexuality is bad, not the homosexuals. God loves homosexuals, just as he loves adulterers: he hates the sin, not the sinner. So, try and leave your militant athiesm out of at least one thread, ok?

Given recent events concerning church (also in my home country) I always have the smell of burnt skin in my nose which is hard to ignore. Sorry if it annoys you. Off course I don't want to impose my opinion on everyone else.

God singing to Nietzsche the tune of Boy George - "Do you really want to hurt me?"

Not all Christians think that homosexuality is a sin. Most of them where I live *are* gay, as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I think it depends what God is doing. If he's doing a theophany then you can't beat the "Hallelujah Chorus". But if a bit of smiting is going on it would have to be Holst's "Mars".

I once knew a pastor who claimed God's favorite song was this one by The Doors... I forget which. Anyhow, I left the church soon afterwards-obviously God prefers Led Zeppelin!

Plotinus said:
Anyway, I think it depends what God is doing. If he's doing a theophany then you can't beat the "Hallelujah Chorus". But if a bit of smiting is going on it would have to be Holst's "Mars".
I think he probably listens to "Ride of the Valkyries" when he is in creation mode. When he is just hanging out I think he probably to a lot of Dub Reggae, maybe Lee Scratch Perry. I have a pet theory that if God exists he is probably a lot cooler than most of his followers.

Syterion said:
Number 666 by Iron Maiden.

SIX SIX SIX THE NUMBAH OF THE BEAST

nah, doesn't suite him well :undecide:

Top Bottom