G&k new mods are missing...why

bergrar

Warlord
hi all
i am wondering why i dont find new mods for g&k is not good for modding? there are problems, or modders dont like it :)

They're not findable in the actual game any more. Go to the game page in Steam, then click Workshop. You can install the mods there (which is much easier than it used to be).

On a slightly different point concerning Mods and Steam:

Steam is a pain for this I find. I was forced to download the `No Mechs` mod from Steam (cos I couldn`t find it anywhere else) and now I get the Mod appearing, then it vanishes. I redownload it and it vanishes again after a while!

The Mods I manually installed from this site (civfanatics) and put in the Mod folder have been fine.
Modders need to keep non-Steam versions and not put them all in Steamworks, it`s too restricting.

On a slightly different point concerning Mods and Steam:

Steam is a pain for this I find. I was forced to download the `No Mechs` mod from Steam (cos I couldn`t find it anywhere else) and now I get the Mod appearing, then it vanishes. I redownload it and it vanishes again after a while!

The Mods I manually installed from this site (civfanatics) and put in the Mod folder have been fine.
Modders need to keep non-Steam versions and not put them all in Steamworks, it`s too restricting.

I must agree. What about those who play the Mac apps version of Civ V?

I must agree. What about those who play the Mac apps version of Civ V?

I heard there`s a non-steam version for Mac users which I must look into. Dunno about mods though,

hi all
i am wondering why i dont find new mods for g&k is not good for modding? there are problems, or modders dont like it :)

Lots of reasons.

1) Each patch Firaxis releases breaks mods which hinders mod development.

2) The expansion broke many existing vanilla mods to the point where it was either unfeasible or impossible to update them for G+K's.

3) The .dll hasn't been released, which limits what modders can do compared to CIV IV.

4) CIV IV still has a vibrant modding community with a much larger install base, so many modders either continue to support these mods, or develop new ones for it.

5) CIV V divided the Civ community unlike any of the previous iterations due to its many changes from existing Civ games (combined with its mandatory use of Steam and extremely slow turn times). Naturally, this'll have some impact on the modding community as well.

6) Mods aren't officially supported in multiplayer, further limiting the potential user base and making modding for IV a more viable option.

5) CIV V divided the Civ community unlike any of the previous iterations due to its many changes from existing Civ games (combined with its mandatory use of Steam and extremely slow turn times). Naturally, this'll have some impact on the modding community as well.

There is only one legal version of Civ V that does not use Steam: The Campaign Edition from the Apple apps store (and even then they are quite a minority of Civ V players (under 5% of all Civ V players with legal copies even), yet that minority can get vocal).

There is only one legal version of Civ V that does not use Steam: The Campaign Edition from the Apple apps store (and even then they are quite a minority of Civ V players (under 5% of all Civ V players with legal copies even), yet that minority can get vocal).

True enough - although there isn't really any sort of modding scene when it comes to macs afaik.

Top Bottom