If there was one final balance patch. What changes would you like to see

- Balance science from Great Scientists and culture from Great Writers. Both scale with empire production. Maybe going back to one Free Tech / Free Policy is not a bad idea.

- In early game the profit from Great Scientist / Great Writer usually is to small to use them due to small empire and low science / culture production per city. (Most of the productive buildings are still to be researched.)

- In late game playing wide with dozens of cities with laboratories and Science Bonus from SP, a Great Scientist can give free science worth 2 or more free techs.

- Culture from Great Writers scales with empire culture production and so profits from wonders, social policies, +20% Culture from Golden Age and the +100% Culture of World Fair. Culture from Great Writers so can vary from just some culture early game to 1-2 free policies depending on the right time to use them.

Maybe a moderator should move this thread to sub-forum "Civ - Ideas & Suggestions" so it can be read by Firaxis members.

Since it's an final patch..

I would

stop inflating points like insane for each world wonder built.
Those great pyramids isn't going to even lift one brick to stop the invading warriors.

Overhaul of point score system.

Improvement of Military AI.

Because ya see.... I really hate picking a fight with point leader only for me to find out that he has 40 units tops despite controlling 1/4 of the map. All of his points came from wonder spam, nothing else.

Exceptions can be made for wonders like great wall of china.

Moderator Action: Thread moved to Civ Ideas & Suggestions

I think it would be good if you could queue up tasks for your workers to do, as in the production queue. I find that part of the game tedious.

-Make Defensive Pacts more meaningful: AI offers them, they have a positive diplomatic modifier, and being pulled into a war via Defensive Pact does NOT give you warmonger hate.

Well, science overflow was fixed, at least!

I love how this topic instantly died when it got moved.

Top Bottom