Outpost

Bowsling

Deity
While playing the trial version on the PS3 as Egypt, I conquered a barbarian village near Greece, and got a settler. So I had the exploring warrior defend Alexandria, the city I built with the settler. after conquering Rome, I had a road built from El-Amarna to Alexandria. Greece was quite far from my empire, but units could reach Alexandria in one turn, so Greece went down pretty quickly. Has anyone tried doing this strategy intentionally?

The problem with roads is they go both ways - you can reach your outpost in one turn, but your enemies can reach your capital just as easily. Putting a defensive unit/army (or some fighters) along the road will slow the enemy down, but they can do the same thing to your supply line.

I recently played a game where I flipped a city which had a road back to the enemy capital. That road was a minor headache because enemy cannon armies would appear & attack in the same turn. However, in another game I rolled up an enemy which had a string of cities. Each turn my armies would take a city. Then I'd built a road back to the last city I took and move in defensive units.

well, it was on chieftain, so greece only had Athens and and practically no offensive units.
And anyway, for them to reach thebes, they would of had to conquer El Amarna, Pi-Rammeses, and then Thebes.

Top Bottom