PBEM Playtest of AWAW v1.2

Blah most of my cities went into disorder right off the bat sounds a bit odd to me.

Oil fields... have no oil around them. In fact USA has no Oil tiles at all.

Other than that USA gifts Britain a couple of technologies.

Nope no oil. Did you start a new scenario or did you load my save? Both tiles which you mentioned are Desert with Hyena on 'em.

Is it possible that whoever started chose to randomize tiles, as the British Oil Fields near egypt also have no oil, however Nazi fields do have both tiles in proper position.

Yah I also have 10 cities in disorder, that's still alot though

Voltar, you should have some couple of cities revolting, but your Oil Fields should of cause be there.

My bad my bad! I was using an out of date version I have replayed my turn.

Only one tech gifted to Britain this time around sadly.

voltar (and boli), we will be able to share technologies (and other things, such as units, maps, cities etc.) more freely with Civ2Dip, which facilitates the diplomatic side of pbems.

Check out the 'Hammer pbem' thread to find more info on the program. In effect, diplomatic deals are carried out by an external util called Civ2Dip, rather than through the untimely and irrational behaviour of the civ2 AI.
I will resend the british offers, when you have installed the program. I believe it is a must for this pbem, if the allies should be able to cooperate freely.

I have the program, if you have offers for me send away.

Ok, this civ is obviously not ment for human play, but here we go.

* Cities go into disorder :rolleyes:

@Gary:
Could you send me the pzIII tech, please? :)

British Army recruits new divisions in Burma

The peopeles of Eastern Europe are finding comfort in a soviet leadership and widespread fighting is taking place along the border.

Also to Germany: Please remove your units from around "Brest-Litowsk". In the agreement between our two nations it was agreed that this city shall come under the SOVIET not NAZI sphere of influence!

Attachments

• soviet_01.zip
    57 KB · Views: 122
Agreement? WHAT agreement!? Have you been staring out over the Russian steppes for to long again!?

If you sent me something (proposal?), I certainly haven't received it, nor have I been able to dig it up anywhere here in the Reichstag. Care to 'refresh' my memory?

Gary

P.S. oh, you probably didn't send anything via email, and my system has problems accessing PM's at this site, which is why I always tell people email works better for me.

Well, I expected lots of action this turn, and wasn't dissapointed! I simply wrote/copied down events as they happened, so hope they make sense to you guys.

1.) Warsaw bombed, some things destroyed!
2.) Warsaw, already reeling, bombed repeatedly, killing everything in the city.
3.) German forces enter Warsaw! Poland capitulates!
4.) Luftwaffe catches UK transport fleet, apparently loaded with two (2) mechanized infantry divisions (?guessing?) off Belgium and sends this shipping to the bottom! (this was a nice suprise!:)
5.) German Wehrmacht launces 'Operation Weserubung'~ the attack on Denmark and Norway!
6.) Aalborg Taken!
7.) UK destroyer flotilla 112 km's NW of Stavenger engaged in surface fleet action! Damaged 95%, the UK flotilla succeeds in sinking a German DD flotilla (damn!)
8.) Allied DD flotilla engaged 85km's SW of Stavenger and sunk by fleet actions.
9.) UK DD flotilla off the East coast of Essex engaged by German fleet action and sent to the bottom!

***UK air units spotted crawling all over the North Sea!!***

***German high command allegedly 'freaked' at this apparent ambush attempt, and orders surviving German surface units to return homeward!

10.) Where's those UK Carriers!?!***
11.) UK (recon?) bomber in N. Sea engaged and destroyed as German units pull back, searching for the enemy carrier unit(s).
12.) UK N. Sea Spitfire squadron... probably land based... discovered in southern escape path: said Spitfire squadron destroyed (even though I own a few Triumph Spitfires!:)
13.) Entrenched French Infantry division bombed and destroyed outside the 'Low Countries'.
14.) German bomber squadron utterly destroyed over Zagreb!
15.) UK submarine, with full compliment of torpedo's engaged and sunk approximately 350 nautical miles due east of Iceland.

Umm... I think that's about it, unless I missed something.
German troops, in the frantic, reckless paced drive on Warsaw, are rumored to have left damaged units strewn along the route, anxiously awaiting the feared Polish counter-attacks.

((Bo: is that kind of what you want me to write?))

Top Bottom