The DYOS Consul (DYOS X: 2007-2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! Who wants to jump out of the thread along with Thunderfall in my comic?????? :D

Amend Majority Rule to 2/3 from 3/4?
Votes in Favour:9
Votes Against:2

MOTION PASSES

@lord_joakim: I'd better volunteer, considering all the hardships I caused you. :p

Okay, The Fudgehog was funny the first few times, but now it's just plain annoying. Stylesrj has used it too much in his past few comics- I would say enough that it qualifies as a major character.

Hence, he's breaking the 3-Major-Character limit.

Stylesjl uses Fergy and CivGeneral used him for the "OH FUDGE!" line.

So Fergy is a common character who anyone can use when an "OH FUDGE!" moment pops up. He's not a main character for me, he just pops up coincidentally in every one of my comics so far...

So how about we make Fergy the Fudgehog a common character? That way, we can all use him and do whatever we want to him

I know Fergy isn't funny. I did a bit of overkill with him. Sorry about that.

But if you want, you can let Choxorn kill him again :lol:

That way he'll be funny... in death and the fact that he won't bother us again!

Okay, but let's try not to use him that much, okay? He gets annoying after a while.

How about I throw him into space from the Death Star and he falls to Earth, lands in a jungle and is beaten to death by little pygmy children?

I'll start the comic... :D

Make the Pygmy people Pacal II's forces who were trying to attack Montezilla, but they got lost and saw Fergy lying there and they had a piñata party...

Who cares? He's still not funny.
I agree, it's funny once, but it gets old when it's used repeditively

How about I throw him into space from the Death Star and he falls to Earth, lands in a jungle and is beaten to death by little pygmy children?

I'll start the comic... :D
Second! It would solve world hunger!

Stylesjl uses Fergy and CivGeneral used him for the "OH FUDGE!" line.
However, I only used it sparingly. I perfer having myself or another person say it. Not some fudge filled pinata

Nothing wrong with fudge. But still, Pacal II is having a Piñata war and a war with Monty via DEFCON... so I think putting Fergy in the middle of the war between partyers and piñatas would be funny...

Then at last he can say "OH FUDGE!" for the last time! :lol:
And he'll mean it too! Or you could have him cut off from saying his line by a bat

In response to kulade's last comic. Nothing sarcastic or hateful towards it. Just need some advice and also telling a few facts:

I waste too much time on my comics. I try and fabricate them in 20 minutes... turns out, I wasted an hour making it!

I used those partially visible white lines because black wouldn't show up in the picture either. Red smudges too much and basically any other colour would look crappy, so white had to do. Sorry

I think it's called natural decay when it comes to my comics. I start off good or at least I'm likeable, but as the time goes by, the comics just decay into crappyness...

Do you know any solutions to preventing this decay? I don't think length is the issue. My comics are not as long as most of CivGeneral's and you read his.

I spend too much time making those 1-off screenshots that are never seen again, the plotline for me involves very little interaction and also involves me trying to stop the bad guy and my avatars... I keep changing main characters too much

When I make a comic, I usually put extra dialogue things in, because if I don't, things can happen and it annoys me, for example the raiders get blown up and captured even if they were not on those fleets.

Those are some problems, but are there any more and how can they be fixed?

Try to use as few panels and dialog as possible. The reason you have so much dialog may be because your characters always have drawn out discourse between each other. Premeditate your entire comic; crop your images; draw some and don't borrow all of your backgrounds from other games.

Sometimes I feel you try to cram too much into too little a space. Frankly, when half the comic is a synopsis of itself, you might not be communicating your story clearly. And clarity almost always equals quality.

It's the only gripe I have with CivGeneral's cartoons (besides his misspelling my name :p): the text bubbles are positioned more for room in the panel than flow for the reader, and sometimes the dialogue is choppy as a result. This has the unfortunate effect of diminishing quality, and thus, my enjoyment of the cartoon.

(Not to bash you, CG! You still make great comics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom