Tom's Recolouration Factory

tom2050

That was quick, sorry I didn't respond in time to your previous post

I will being using this immediately.

thank you very much

Goldfool, when you test the unit in game, let me know if the explosion is bad looking, it wasn't possible with a regular recolour to keep the civ color out of the red part of the outer explosion (since the whole unit was also red).

If it looks like crap with certain colors, I think I have an idea of how I can divide and conquer that, to keep the civ color out of the death explosion. Let me know when you check it out; if it's not good, I can possibly re-upload a fixed version.

Tom

That's the fella tom2050. I can see what you mean about the limited amount of pixels - might not be so noticeable at civ scale -maybe post a preview so we decide whether it will be worth doing. Thinking about the colour - perhaps the colours in Plot's golden units might be good to aim for: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=249290

That's the fella tom2050. I can see what you mean about the limited amount of pixels - might not be so noticeable at civ scale -maybe post a preview so we decide whether it will be worth doing. Thinking about the colour - perhaps the colours in Plot's golden units might be good to aim for: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=249290

Sure, I will post a preview soon. As far as a bronze color goes, since there is not a whole lot of area to see, the bronze no matter what looks more just like Abe Lincoln hit the tanning beds. It is probably best, as you said, to give him a more golden look, and would probably need to be a bit on the bright golden side, in order to see it.

About the BMW, do you wish the license plate to also be civ colored along with the rest of the car, or would you prefer it to stay white colored (or any other color). The license plate is currently the only civ colored thing on the car, this is why I ask... once I hear from you, I can complete it and post it up.

Tom

thanks Tom. I agree something bright will be required for it to stand out. As for the BMW I think the license plate should be some other colour - white would be good but whatever you think looks best and causes you least hassle.

Goldfool, when you test the unit in game, let me know if the explosion is bad looking, it wasn't possible with a regular recolour to keep the civ color out of the red part of the outer explosion (since the whole unit was also red).

If it looks like crap with certain colors, I think I have an idea of how I can divide and conquer that, to keep the civ color out of the death explosion. Let me know when you check it out; if it's not good, I can possibly re-upload a fixed version.

Tom

The unit is great with civ colours. Thanks again.

Regarding, the explosion on the death animation, it would be nice if the explosion could be fixed, but it is not urgently required.

It could be explained that the colour is from the material the unit is made from.

Per KingArthur's Request...

BMW3 w/ All Civ Colors (my recolouring of la_davs BMW3 Car)

BMW-3.gifBMW3.jpg

Download here... View attachment BMW-3.rar

The original BMW3 Car had Civ Color on the license plate. This version has a white license plate and the whole car is civ coloured (the yellow portions in the original). Above .gif BMW shown in Red Civ Color.

Tom

Regarding, the explosion on the death animation, it would be nice if the explosion could be fixed, but it is not urgently required.

It could be explained that the colour is from the material the unit is made from.

I will see what I can do and re-upload a fixed version.

Tom

I understand completely if you want to focus on the Mod now, in that case just ignore this request, but if not I've got two more wishes to replace placeholders:

The Death Animation of the Reaver has been fixed, and I re-uploaded the corrected unit rar file. It does look much better now :) and wasn't too difficult to fix.

@Goldfool, hopefully you see this post, when I click on your name, it gives no option to send you a PM.

If anyone downloaded the Reaver Titan, please re-download the corrected version.

Tom

Sure thing, I will get to them once I complete KingArthurs Abe Lincoln (which should be tonight). That reminds me, I still have a bunch of recoloured units that I have yet to put up here, maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

By the way all, initially I was only doing Fantasy/Medieval units, but I will take any request for any unit of any time period :)

KingArthur said:
which one to choose?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

General 666 said:
@KingArthur: Any chance you upload your terrain set ? Looks very awesome !

I agree, the city terrain looks stellar, I don't think I have seen that specific city terrain before. It's like Sim City (or Civ City :))

Here are a couple previews for you... It's tough to get a direct golden or bronze look, but I can adjust either of these colors if need be to get a closer look to what you are aiming for. I changed the magnenta background to light grey as the magnenta made it tougher to see the colors.

Darker than the golden/yellow below, more of an orangish color; making this darker to try to get a bronze look comes out looking more like an tan Abe Lincoln that hits the surf everyday on the beach, but I can post a preview if you want something of that sort.
x_Abe deathOrange.gif

Golden/Yellow colored; making this slightly darker may bring a more golden looking color.
x_Abe deathYellow.gif

Tom

A lightblueskinned Harpy (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3891160&postcount=1) with bluetinted wings to match the lightblueskinned Elohim (that one turned out very good, I'm happy you did both and I'm using them both too).

Let me know which you prefer...

This one's wings have a very small blue tint (hard to notice it) and tone is a bit lighter
HarpyAttackLBNoC.gif

This one is more blued overall (I'm guessing this one fits your description more)
HarpyAttackLBCol.gif

Tom

Top Bottom