R.E.D. World War II development thread

You were looking for which of the units in Danrell's units are available after war start.
I have a attached a spreadsheet with the design year and service introduction year to guide you along.

Let me Know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Attachments

• WWII Units Availability.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 86
Here's a little update.

The first dds with the uniticons is complete. It contains the infantry icons for german, french, british and russian (in the infantry01.rar). I've decides to make dds with 4x1 size, because so i can make little packages in shorter time (i hope :)).

Spoiler :

Next package will be panzerI, panzerII, panzerIII and panzerIV.

As preview the panzerII and for the first sea packages the Scharhorst class.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• frenchinfantry_by_pharao.png
    frenchinfantry_by_pharao.png
    61 KB · Views: 663
  • britishinfantry_by_pharao.png
    britishinfantry_by_pharao.png
    56 KB · Views: 631
  • russianinfantry_by_pharao.png
    russianinfantry_by_pharao.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 686
  • panzerII_by_pharao.png
    panzerII_by_pharao.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 12,830
  • scharnhorst_by_pharao.png
    scharnhorst_by_pharao.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 12,873
  • infantry01.rar
    351.5 KB · Views: 66
great ! :D

I'll add all that are available with each new release of the mod.

next version may be out this WE, depend if I can finish testing the AI override for Destroyer.

I was thinking you may have already done this, but just in case I would mention this might be a good thing to change for your AI:

Code:
<AIMilitaryStrategies>
		<Row>
			<ID>0</ID>
			<Type>MILITARYAISTRATEGY_NEED_RANGED</Type>
			<CheckTriggerTurnCount>2</CheckTriggerTurnCount>
			<MinimumNumTurnsExecuted>2</MinimumNumTurnsExecuted>
			[B]<FirstTurnExecuted>25</FirstTurnExecuted>[/B]
		</Row>

...etc...

I see the first turn executed on nearly all these military strategies the AI has at its disposal are >25 turns or so into the game. I just updated them all to either 2, 5, or 10 depending in my mod. Hopefully it will make the AI better in the early game.

thank you, I've not tried this yet, do you notice change in your game ?

Hi Gedemon,

some more pedia files : BB Sharnhorst and South Dakota and some tanks.

Sorry that it's coming slowly but I am quite busy :(

don't worry, I add new content when it's available, there's no rush here. And thanks too ;)

edit : do you have the Richelieu entry for US/english ?

do you have the Richelieu entry for US/english ?
It must be in one the files but here is it again :)

Code:
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_UNIT_PEDIA_BATTLESHIP_RICHELIEU">
			<Text>
				The Richelieu class battleships were the last and largest battleships of the French Navy, staying in service into the 1960s.[NEWLINE]
				Designed in the 1930s to counter of threat of the Italian Vittorio Veneto class battleships, the Richelieu class were essentially scaled-up versions of the preceding Dunkerque class, featuring a main armament of eight 380 mm guns in two quadruple turrets in forward superfiring positions.[NEWLINE]
				Four Richelieu class ships, of three different subclasses, were laid down over the course of three naval construction programs, in 1935, 1936, and 1938. Only the two first units, Richelieu and Jean Bart, were ever completed, and saw service during World War II, first under Vichy control in Dakar (1940) and Casablanca (1942), then under the Allies' control, Richelieu participating in British Home Fleet and Eastern Fleet operations, and supported the French forces return to Indochina in late 1945.[NEWLINE]
				Jean Bart was not completed until the 1950s, and took part in the operations off Port Saïd (Egypt) during the Suez Crisis in 1956.[NEWLINE]
				Both were scrapped in the late 1960s.
			</Text>
		</Row>

I use a small "oil painting" effect using Paint.net, and I also use sharpen (or soften) on the leader part sometimes if it's what you're asking. No "color" effects used.

gedemon sorry but i havent found that thread and i wrote some ideas in the european edition thread.with the information that u give about making more civs playabe i will try to edit this my self but i dont think that i will success at this because i am tottaly new.so please take a look in the red european thread and if u want to make greece playable i have listed there all the information i have about

@Pavlos : yep I read it, thanx, I won't have time to mod until next week, but I'll answer then in this topic to see what can be done.

ok but let me know

(found anything about th load problem?lua is posted.can u please give me a savegme so i can test if the problem is when i load.
also found out that when i load, except that i have year 2100ad ansd cant produce, all the city states go back to the anciant era

Yup, if you're going to make Hungary, I can provide anything you want, Gedemon. :)

i have found everyhing needed to expand playable nations to include greece so if u want to make it let me know to e mail u the info.(if u dont want to make this i wont make u to do it but if u inted to do such a thing be sure that i will help) until know i found uniforms(same to italians but with a darker greener color) tanks(british with green colors) airplanes(some types whitch is no point adding them so mailny the british types) navy (british and french with greek names)manufacturies and farms positions(i can edit this) some greek islands gave to turkey( i can edit this)found perfenct loading victory and diplomacy photos(leader Ioannis Metaxas) ideas with historic base about the nation's unic abilitie.found radio fies for loading backround(also some nice songs if u dont like the speech)info for description(i am not so good at writing them but if u want i can provide u the info to write it urself)basicaly there is no much moddeling work to be done (most things same to other nations).so if u want post ur email
(nothng to change in navy and airforce ,and i havent saw the tanks in game but i think that if they have the british onew it is right

ok guys, let list what's needed for a new civ, as I want to keep the global style :

- Dawn of Man screen (1024x768): Painted leader head on the left (first layer, some transparency) with nation flag on next layer showing the background made of propaganda posters.
- Diplomacy screen (1600x900): Painted leader head centered with an appropriate background picture.
- Dawn of Man Speech: a national speech (preferably from the nation leader), in MP3 format
- Leader and Flag icons: the flag is the easy part, making a good leader head icons matching the global style as the great ones made by Four_Pharao will be more difficult (unless Four_Pharao can make them too)
- Dawn of Man text: brief presentation of the political situation of the nation in 1939
- Units reskins : there are already enough basic units available for Hungary and Greece thanx to Danrell, but for other civs (or if you want more) some reskins may be needed. That can be done with the tool posted here

So you may post here links to the material you have, to see what could be done with it.

Once we have enough material (placeholder can be used for missing art, but I think it'll be better to add complete nation), then we may add a new nation to the mod, I'll do the coding, but the artistic/text part is your.

opening photo
1024x768_metaxas.jpgotan.jpgMetaxas01.jpg
here are some things to add to make dip and open photos better(more in the next post
Greecefightson.jpg201101301532531600989098BA017.jpgPolemosPosterA.jpg
diplomacy
i-metaxas.jpg
icons
flagES.pngMetaxas.jpg
speech(it is the speech of the leader announcing to the people that we are at war with a song after it)
i cant upload it to civfanatics (size compressed 27.3)and i cant also email it(up to 25)so tell me to upload it on utube or tell any other ideas)(EDIT READ NEXT POST FOR YOUTUBE DOWNLAOD AND CONVERSION TO MPE ,very ease)

icon for troops(if u want)
65483-1940epithesiswv3.jpg

now the info
firsty about the governor
the leader of Hellas was Ioannis Metaxas.he was a fascist but not like the german or italian imagine something like a fascism with freedom and not so ultranationalist.he took power with the help of the king and destroyed the previus goverment but even so the people soon loved him.he did a very important thing,he united the Hellines(greeks) something that only leader like Alexander the Great achived.he was the one who told the italians that we wont give them parts of our land and that we wont let them pass thought it when one night they threatened us with 7.000.0000 soldiers.

economics and power
these time was one of the worst for Hellas because we were coming out of 4 wars(balkan 1 and 2 ,ww1 and minor asia war were we were betrayed by our allies and lost it)so Hellenic economy and army was in the worst condition in our long history.but ioannins metaxas with some very good economic moves could provide us weapons for 700.000 soldiers(had 200.000)some british artilery(had very old)some airplanes(nothing of big importance,about 78 planes,before about 3)and some ships and subs(had old)also even if british didnt supported us when russia italy and franch betrayed us in the minor asia war we have made a very good frendship with them.

when hellas got into war
at the night of 28 october 1940 the italian diplomat came to the house of metaxas asking him to make british ships leave agean , give key positions to italy and let italians pass thought the land to go to africa and attack brits from the north.metaxas answer was"so we are at war"it was avery logical answer because if he would help italy it was also a declaration of war to the allies and the british fleet cotrolled east mediteranean so the islands and supply would be cut also the greek would opose to give their land and would make a free Hellas in the islands so the unity that it was so hard to achieve would be destroyed.

army achievments
here is the most important part of the info.firstly to say that the hellenic army against the italian army airforce and navy was 1 to 10(maybe more)we had no tanks about 10 or less bombers old artillery old inf weapons and old ships.the first day of the war mousolini said that the next morning he will take his coffe near acropolis. a year passed and the italalians instead of moving forward moved backwards.the hellenic army took prisoners thousands of italians and albanias who helped them(some say that the albanians was against italy but this this lies only the vollunters were 5.000)they liberated many north epirus cities and it had more losses from the winter than from bullets(no tanks no airforce)in a big italinan counter attack they fought with 10 inf divisions and 2 tank against with 5 Hellenic and they lost 4 divisions and the greeks about 90 men and the Hellines counter attacked and moved even farther.the only way to destroy italian tanks was the small artillery but bassicaly the infarty was putting blankets in front of them so they would stuck and then be captured.when the germans and bulgarinas attacked we holded for a month against the three attackers and then fell but the battle continiued in crete where we destroyed the elite paratroopes of germany with only knifes and local people.after this remaing officers and troops went to africa and fought there.also our navy defeated the italian one prevented a sea invasion

hellenic help to allies

1 first victory for the allies side
2 make a very very serius damage to italy's army and prevented them from attack africa.
3 when the germans saw that the italinas couldt defeat hellas they moved half of the barbarossa attack army to help italy from the east which give time for the russia to prepare and most important for the winter to come.
(there may be more but i cant remember now)

other nations about hellas

tsortsil "from know on we wont say that greeks fight like heroes but that the heroes fight like greeks"
russians "we won the war thanks to the greeks"
even hitler let free the capture Hellines and let the officers kepp their guns
(there are more but i cant remember)

lastly for the name
DONT put greece PUT Hellas which is the real name official and used by us(Ellada)
Hellas=Greece (country name)
Helenic=Greek(things like divisions)
Hellines=Greeks(the people)
Merarchia=Division
Aeroporia=Airforce
Piroboliko=Artilerry
Naftiko=navy

unis
fine to me except the infarty which i think it would be better to put the italian one with dark green colors but if u cant change the color leave the brithsh one(hellines used the italian one but sometimes the used the british too)

land
hellenic islands given to turkey
a manufactory should be put north west hex of the thessaloniki and one north east f athens(if u want to put more for balance do it)
put olimpus
some farms in thessaly(near olimpus)
rivers

i have also a lot of photos but i could put any more attachments

bundesnsn.jpgFront.jpgg.jpgMetaxasSoldiersWWII.jpgimages.jpgoxi1940.jpgs.pngtroops02.jpg!B5!m)Z!BGk~$(KGrHqN,!iEEycg)KjO-BMsCBpq!,!~~_35.JPG
speech can be found in utube with the tittle Civilization 5 Hellas WW2 intro
if u dont have a downloading program i recomend DVDVideoSoft Free Studio(i think http://dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm) with which u can also transform it to mp3
to download open it and press youtube then free youtube download form there u can choose to download it as video(original youtube) or as mp4 down (left corner)if u can use mp4 pass the next step.

make the video mp3
from the central menu of the program(where u chose youtube)click on dvd and video then free video to mp3 then choose the video where u want to save it and the quality

i think i answered all ur requests if need more tell me ,i have about 10 books

again thx for making this also mod and adding Hellas as playable!!!

---------------xxxxxEDIT if the putting photos together is hard for u i can do it but i gave the photos seperated for u to use them however u want(sorry for the 2 days after responce from now on i wll try to check at least the development thread once per day

Attachments

• Greekitalianwarmapdf.png
    Greekitalianwarmapdf.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 93
1.jpgaera.jpgArmy[1].gifpolemos40.jpg more photos

--------------EDIT sorry i have put a wrong title on utube.I have corrected the title but i cant find it in the list of video's.so for u to find press to search for accounts(channels) and ender PAVLOSHELLAS (with capitals)the photo is a horseman with the Hellenic flag behind.when u get into the channel u can find in the uploads the speech(greek flag icon)

also for the loading problem i saw ur post and yes of course i load from the mod menu.here is a save.View attachment Benito Mussolini - Turn 33 - June 1, 1940.rar
also i tried to load one of the saves that u have ulpoad it to the other thread and it says that a dlc is not availiable.maybe something i blocking some parts of the mod but why only when loading???

i forgot to give u some ideas about the special abilitythe best i think is to give the hellenic infarty more power to represent their heroic achievments and give them more attack against tanks cause they fought against tanks with no bazzokas no antitanks no tanks no bombers and not only holded the line they won and if u take account the size of the land and the abillity to maintan the troop numbers i think it is very balnced.

if u dont like this i have a second idea.give troops better fight on hills cause they won italinas on the mountains of pindos and give artllery a bonus to tanks also give a production bonus to troops(the vollunteers where thousands)or to buildings(the hole defensive line where built by locals who helped for no money)

the name for the ability whatever u choose should be Freedom of Death which is something the Hellenic troops said from ancient times till now and even today if u count the stripes of the hellenic nowdays flag u will find out that it says freedom or death in hellenic(greek)

also the best hellenic destroyer ship should be named Aberof and i think it must be only one but much overpowerd because in ww1 it destroyd many turk ships(when they saw it 5 ships changed direction) and many italian in ww2 and nwdays it is a historical ship

(when i told abount the no tanks i meant that in the reality they didnt had tanks but u shouldnt make hellas cant make any but only dont start with any)

thank you, some very good material here :goodjob:

I hope that someone will convert it to usable format so I can code it in the game, else I'll do it myself, but it will take more time.

About the trait, I was thinking of something like the English one (not coded yet) or the French one (also not coded) with partisan having a bonus in hill.

About the Mp3 file, it should be under 5-6mb size, what file type is your source ?

the audio file is .wav 27.3 mb.u mean that u cant use less than 6 or that i cant upload.if it is the upload take a look at my previus post about utube.

what do u mean about usable format?

i dont think the french trait is a good idea because u will be out of historical events.yes the hellines had ressistance but it was mostly against each other for the after liberation goverment.the supporters of communism and stalin wanted hellas to join soviet union and the supporters of british and franch wanted hellas to stay with the liberal party or something like metaxas.so mainly they ignored the germans and fought each other.(they had some achievments but the main attention was on the civil war)(finnaly the communists lost but they made serius damage to hellas)

about the british trait idea i think that is better than the french but still no verry accurate cause the hellines fought in their country and kicked the italians but after a while the liberated hellenic land in albania and bassicaly they were defenting-attacking-marching-defenting...

so i think that the first trait i described in the previus post is the best idea for both balance and historical accuracy if its not a big deal to code it.

--------------EDIT i tried to lower the quility of the audio to upload it here but i press uploadand when i open my attachements there is nothing(it was 5.73)
here is the youtube video file http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWiLq0PynSE
with the program i described at my previus post u cant only change the video to mp3 but u can lower some of its quaility to make it the correct size.

do the photoes i gave u are good or u want me to keep searching?

Top Bottom