Guess the New Civs

ok 5 europeon civs 2 african and 1 north american europeons:austria, netherlands, byzantines, celts, and finally huns. africans: carthrage, and ethiopia. north american: Mayan's and the last ? who knows for sure.

In as much as I respect the need for a greater variety, I've been holding out for Sweden in a civ game, even if it was a bit hopeful. If she is included because of her involvement during the Thirty Years War, it's bound to be Gustav. They could also be the civ to take advantage of the influence of social policy choices in the later game, and they could have a unique cannon replacement, which I don't think there is at the moment. But I doubt Sweden would be included, nonetheless. Frankly, I guess the Zulu, though I would hope not - if they include the Zulu, chances for future DLCs is slim, and an expansion slimmer, IMO. Then again, to not have Portugal might suggest that they may have plans for the future after the expansion, and you'd think they'd take advantage of the Zulu as a DLC, or at least announce them amongst the first civs revealed.

ok 5 europeon civs 2 african and 1 north american europeons:austria, netherlands, byzantines, celts, and finally huns. africans: carthrage, and ethiopia. north american: Mayan's and the last ? who knows for sure.

About the last one,I just hope it'll be a civilization that never have been represented as a civ before . My guess are either Brazil or Majahapit . Both of them had Monarchies and a pretty good religion influence,which fits for the name of the expansion "Gods & Kings" .

Well, if we look at the two historical scenarios:

Fall of Rome: Byzantines, Huns, Carthage, Celts
Medieval: Austria, Byzantine?

I think we're getting another Medieval civ, It'd be awesome if they were Moorish / Mamluk, but I don't see either of them happening.

PS. JFD, you've got it wrong. It's The Republic of New Zealand XD

PS. JFD, you've got it wrong. It's The Republic of New Zealand XD

Lol. Remember what Mr. Key said, "not on my watch." If you want this country to be a Republic, at least call it something different - do we really need to be like the hundreds of The Republic ofs out there? And just get ready for some excess bacon without trade from our mother country, and being a Chinese dominion.

Would the Byzantium even be in the Medieval scenario as well as the Fall of Rome one? Wasn't the Medieval scenario based around the Reformation and the Counter-Reformation?

I hope they come out with the Zulu soon, because I don't like the idea of using the Ethiopians to replace them for very long. That would suck but in the meantime what other choice do I have. Ethiopian civ is wimpy. :lol: I wonder if that will rattle some cages, I may possibly get some multiplayer challenges for those statements. Of course one would be my brother, who thinks he can beat me playing as Ethiopia! What a laugh! :lol: He got mad because I told him they will be my temporary Zulus. :lol:

Lol. Remember what Mr. Key said, "not on my watch." If you want this country to be a Republic, at least call it something different - do we really need to be like the hundreds of The Republic ofs out there? And just get ready for some excess bacon without trade from our mother country, and being a Chinese dominion.
Mr. Key has many policies which are not beneficial to the country (Mining in Conservation land, Fracking, SOE Sales etc.). It would still be called 'New Zealand' - we're still called The Dominion of New Zealand, aren't we?

Would the Byzantium even be in the Medieval scenario as well as the Fall of Rome one? Wasn't the Medieval scenario based around the Reformation and the Counter-Reformation?

There's been mentions of Holy wars, a la Crusades, many of which were called by the Byzantines, so I would imagine they'll be in there

I hope they come out with the Zulu soon, because I don't like the idea of using the Ethiopians to replace them for very long. That would suck but in the meantime what other choice do I have. Ethiopian civ is wimpy. :lol: I wonder if that will rattle some cages, I may possibly get some multiplayer challenges for those statements. Of course one would be my brother, who thinks he can beat me playing as Ethiopia! What a laugh! :lol: He got mad because I told him they will be my temporary Zulus. :lol:

We'll see if Carthage can beat Ethiopia! Your going down man! :p :splat:

Nice to hear about Sweden possibly being in the game. As a Finn I expect one of their UUs being Finnish light cavalry. After all Sweden was waging constantly war when it had Finns as her cannon fodder. When Sweden lost Finland it has not had any wars. Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Mr. Key has many policies which are not beneficial to the country (Mining in Conservation land, Fracking, SOE Sales etc.). It would still be called 'New Zealand' - we're still called The Dominion of New Zealand, aren't we?

There's been mentions of Holy wars, a la Crusades, many of which were called by the Byzantines, so I would imagine they'll be in there

The Thirty Years War might be considered a Holy War - but I might be trying to justify Sweden, because that might be bit far for a Medieval scenario.

We are the Realm of New Zealand (which includes the Cook Islands and other places that we are sovereign over - including the Ross Dependancy, which, interestingly enough, the US rejects), the Dominion of New Zealand was the name we had before Her Majesty acceded.

Mr. Key certaintly has some policies that might not be good for the land, but his defence of the Constitutional Monarchy is in the best interests of the country, at least for now, whether you like it or not. I don't want to get into a political argument or anything, and I accept, even respect, that you don't agree, but this is certaintly not the place for politics - especially when people looking on might be going - "wait... New Zealand? Isn't that Australia?" or worse - "wait... New Zealand? isn't that Middle-Earth?"

So... back on topic? What do you think will be the last civ? I support the idea that it'd have to do with the Medieval scenario - after seeing something about the existence of DLCs after the expansion on another thread, or on the 2k Forums, I think the Zulu look unlikely. If not Sweden, and to do with the Crusades, what about Venice? Maybe they will be able to purchase mercenary units from allied City-States...

I think Venice would be interesting given that Rome has a limited use of modern Italian cities; however, it probably duplicates too much territory.

Another European civ would be my worst nightmare.
If they release an Asian civ as Indonesia or Tibet,then I may buy it.
But if they go for another European civ then they can forget my loyalty to Civilization V.

I think Venice would be interesting given that Rome has a limited use of modern Italian cities; however, it probably duplicates too much territory.

And its perfect as a City-State - a lot of its other important cities got snapped up by Hungary. I don't suppose Hungary is a possibility - having Austria and the Huns probably eliminates that. Other than Poland, I can't think of any other possibilities that might fit in the Medieval Scenario. If only the Moors weren't precluded by their City-State.

Another European civ would be my worst nightmare.
If they release an Asian civ as Indonesia or Tibet,then I may buy it.
But if they go for another European civ then they can forget my loyalty to Civilization V.

Even if it offers a very unique playstyle? I'm pretty sure a lot of people hesitated when they saw Austria, but its city-state assimilation seems popular. But I do have to agree - Tibet would be great; its non-European and it offers an opportunity for a very unique UA. But isn't Lhasa already confirmed as a City-State, or is that just speculation which has gone on so long its become considered fact?

I think the last civ will be Asian, probably Burma, Khmer or Indonesia. Or they might do something completely different and add Bactria/Afghanistan. But I really doubt they will add another European civ, as much as I like European civs there is no need for having 6 European civs in one expansion.

No matter if it has a special playstyle.
We need an Asian civ in this expansion,otherwise I hate the producers.

No matter if it has a special playstyle.
We need an Asian civ in this expansion,otherwise I hate the producers.

That's probably a bit too strong of a reaction.

I think Asia is perhaps still likely, maybe we're overthinking the role of the scenarios at this point. I think I would personally be most interested in Vietnam out of the Asian options, but Indonesia would have the ability to perhaps sell more copies with the higher population.

That's probably a bit too strong of a reaction.

I think Asia is perhaps still likely, maybe we're overthinking the role of the scenarios at this point. I think I would personally be most interested in Vietnam out of the Asian options, but Indonesia would have the ability to perhaps sell more copies with the higher population.

I know and can imagine very little about the South-East Asian possibilities, except for Vietnam with some sort of Guerilla warfare bonus. But Indonesia is quite interesting - who would be their leader, I wonder, or would they draw from the Majapahit? Maybe they'll decide to leave the Majapahit/Indonesia for a DLC which has Portugal alongside them.

Their leader would be most likely Hayam Wuruk.
But Dharmasetu,Samaratungga,Tribhuwana or others are also possible.

Top Bottom