Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Hello everyone.
I'm terribly sorry for disappearing.
My free time recently has gone to zero.
Furthermore, I am disappointed by the fact that there is no DLL yet (and we are already almost in 2012), and that my wiki has been broken by server problems in Civfanatics.
If I see that the situation doesn't change, next year I will release just the world map, which is completed and would still be the yardstick of the Civ5 maps released so far.

About the DLL, I've had good results on units control in my WWII mod, I'm more and more convinced that we may be able to do everything you want without it... if we had enough free times of course :(

Purely selfish point of view, but the long wait has forced me to fully learn the DB and UI systems. I'm doing a lot of things that should not be possible without DLL (see my Éa mod OP). Some of these are hacks that could be better implemented with DLL access. Others are truly done better in a Lua/DB/UI context without DLL modification.

Quick little question, this won't be available for Macintosh will it?

Since it will involve DLL work, probably not. Unless Firaxis convert it again. That might happen.

You can't, it is not made yet.

I remember this scenario. I would like to see it in Civilization V, but with the Inuit as one of the civilizations. There is a gigantic region that is not represented, and yet they conquered it all. Visit this thread to read up on what we have for the Inuit as a civilization. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11173421#post11173421

I think that Rhye didn't want to do that because then USA wouldn't have any room to settle. But will this ever get made anyway if the DLL never comes out. Will it come out? I do not know. :shrug:

The Inuit wouldn't fit in this mod, it attempts to be realistic-ish representation of history, so large areas controlled by a centralised inuit power makes no sense.
I also don't see the issue with areas left uninhabited if that area has never had any kind of state there.

The Inuit wouldn't fit in this mod, it attempts to be realistic-ish representation of history, so large areas controlled by a centralised inuit power makes no sense.
I also don't see the issue with areas left uninhabited if that area has never had any kind of state there.

What is your definition of "large areas"? The Inuit conquered over 6000 kilometers of land, and still own much of it themselves.

I think the key word is centralized. Also, 6000 sq km is about the size of a tile in civ4 so It's probably a hex in civ5.

I do not think you know how big a kilometer is if you think that 6000 kilometers makes one hex tile in Civilization V.
Being centralized is not really an issue for Civilization V. Polynesia and the Celts are testimony to this.

Maybe not Civ V but this is RFC, a mod that aims at some historical realism.

Top Bottom