Religious Buildings Art thread

How's this for an untextured Corellon Temple? Does it have enough minarets and is the scale for the obelisks and minarets good?

Where do you want the other 2?

If win can add trees and do the transperency then it's a good idea. ;)

Where do you want the other 2?

If win can add trees and do the transperency then it's a good idea. ;)
Evenly space out the 4 minarets and the obolisks, keeping the obolisks where they are.
As for the trees, what if we use the trees found in Dragonia\Assets\art\Terrain\Features\ancient ? Theses are the ancient trees that grow only in elven lands. Now, if we want to upgrade the textures/models for those trees, that would be excellent ;)

If win has time to texture it then it could be done real soon. I won't have time for any texturing until early next week.

Give me a top 5, will you? I'm going to be burnt from Civ and computers in general after playtesting Shadow until my eyes/ears bleed, but in a good way. With holidays and my daughter's birthday party coming up as well I can't promise too much.

How will the Temple of Moradin and the Seat of Moradin differentiate?

Is the original Crypt being used still? If not that could be a Necropolis for now.

Shrine of Nerull?

What is the texture style for Heironeous?

ok, the crypt to use as the shrine of nerull is sufficient
Have the statue for the shrine of Heironeous be made of bronze
The temple of heironeouse should be made of stone

I'll try to find a good description of the Temple of Moradin. But basically its a temple building with a forge in it.

Found a clue on Dwarven temples:
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting said:
Unlike surface temples, which build upward, the dwarves' temples to Moradin and the other dwarven deities seem to be simple shrines on the surface but build downward, spiraling through levels accessible to lay worshipers toward the Mysteries visited only by the
priests in the roots of the earth.

Races of Stone said:
At the center of every temple to Moradin is a massive forge, where the weapons and armor that defend the dwarf people are made. The best weapon- and armorsmiths in the world usually work in Moradin’s temples.

Races of Stone said:
The temple of Moradin is an impressive building. The roof is little more than decorative panels hung from the beams that stretch overhead, and the walls are covered with bas-relief sculptures portraying the legends of Moradin and his wife Mya. The interior is open except for a door in the back, leading to living quarters and offices below. At the back of the large, open space is a giant, elaborate forge that never goes dark. This forge is the altar of Moradin, where all rituals and religious celebrations are held.

All good descriptions, but a Temple building with a forge IN it could be just a building with an imagined forge inside. Do you want it open air to show this forge or have a forge outside? This is where a lot of my mental roadblocks come from.

Any chance that the Zeus Wonder could be reskinned bronze for the Heironeous Shrine?

All good descriptions, but a Temple building with a forge IN it could be just a building with an imagined forge inside. Do you want it open air to show this forge or have a forge outside? This is where a lot of my mental roadblocks come from.

I just reviewed previous posts...I think I suggested that the Temple of Moradin follow the general shape of the image in post 18 (without the ropes).
Also regarding the forge, it just means a chimney will be needed (probobly at the highest point of the building. If possible, it would be nice to show smoke.

Top Bottom