New Unit Series: Sten Gun

It shows fine!

I like him, he looks more casual, more ready for action than a guy with a suit
I agree. This is better yet! I Googled "french resistance" and got some decent pictures which matched the unit pretty well.

I like him too. Maybe he could wear a jacket instead of his undershirt-like wear. A dark green or dark blue jacket would fit best, I guess.

I'm going to do the short sleeve shirt first. I like the European farm peasant look to it. Maybe after I get this unit done I'll give a coat a try (without a tie of course) for a more urban looking resistance fighter.

I've run into a slight problem with the resistance fighter. He is looking pretty skinny and I can't seem to make him any stockier as the clothes I am using don't have adjustments for stockiness etc. I'm downloading a conversion tool to see if I can beef up the figure a little. :(

I've run into a slight problem with the resistance fighter. He is looking pretty skinny and I can't seem to make him any stockier as the clothes I am using don't have adjustments for stockiness etc. I'm downloading a conversion tool to see if I can beef up the figure a little. :(
With the food restriction imposed by the German occupant, it will look even more reallistic ;)

Here's what the guy looks like so far. I'll let you guys be the judge. I think he's too skinny but I think I can fix him to be a little stockier. I've downloaded Michael 4 (he's free now as well) and a clothing converter which can convert clothing from one figure to another. Mike 4 is a little stockier than Mike 3 and also has more relistic skin textures etc. I've tested the program and it appears to work well so far. I can transfer the Mike 2 clothing I am using for this figure to Mike 4 and it may be a bit stockier.

I think he looks fine :thumbsup: As Steph joked, a skinny resistance fighter is quite plausible.

Best,

Oz

Thanks for the vote of confidence Oz! :) I'll leave the final decision up to Steph since he requested the unit. I have just about all the animations done for the unit. I had already started on him when I realized how skinny he was. I can probably put the unit together today. It will take a little while for me to get up and running with Mike 4 so it would be quicker to just keep this unit as is, however, he's just too thin IMO. I'm going to convert to Mike 4 for all my units soon anyway so I just as soon use him for this one too.

OK. I'll darken his skin a little and then I'll do the regular British infantryman/sten gunner and then I will begin converting to Michael 4 for all my next units. I can't think of any other sten gun units to do. Can anyone else think of any units I've missed with the Sten gun?

Hey what`s that?
You Avatar has changed as I refresh these thread. Nice new pic.

I like him even he looks skinny. There`s no need that every soldier-unit must look like a `mountain of muscles`.
Let him having that skinny look fits more to the historical truth.

Sorry, no other sten-unit to suggest.

The sten was also used by the Israeli IDF during the Arb-Israeli war but besides that no other uses for WW2 troops that I can think of.
Also just found out that it was used by both sides during the Chinese civil war.

Top Bottom