is loki invincible?

smana

Chieftain
Now that he cannot engage in combat, is there any way for him to die? can he be killed by range?

Unless something has changed from the last time I've played, Loki will retreat from combat every battle unless he has nowhere to retreat to, in which case he is killed. If there is a single tile available beside him, he can retreat to it. So make sure he's surrounded before you move in for the kill!

(and to answer your question, he is basically immortal unless the above is used to get rid of him.)

Perhaps Auric's Snowfall spell would get rid of the little blighter. Can you retreat from spell damage?

He's immune to magic last I checked, though I haven't played FF lately so I could be thinking of RifE...

Edit: I opened up FF, and contrary to what UNIT 666 said, FF Loki is unable to engage in combat and magic immune just like RifE Loki. I do not know if this applies to ranged combat, but I believe you're intended to kill him by destroying the Balseraph civ. This is supported by his hero created popup, which suggests that he cannot die. Testing it with World Builder, ranged attacks cannot be targeted on him either.
-CF

He's immune to magic last I checked, though I haven't played FF lately so I could be thinking of RifE...

Edit: I opened up FF, and contrary to what UNIT 666 said, FF Loki is unable to engage in combat and magic immune just like RifE Loki. I do not know if this applies to ranged combat, but I believe you're intended to kill him by destroying the Balseraph civ. This is supported by his hero created popup, which suggests that he cannot die. Testing it with World Builder, ranged attacks cannot be targeted on him either.
-CF

Which raises the immortal question.

What the hell is that thing? He (it?) can stand up to Auric Ascended!

Which raises the immortal question.

What the hell is that thing? He (it?) can stand up to Auric Ascended!

(And yes, by "stand up to" I mean "Not get pulverised by". But just how many other units can do that?)

not sure about how it was changed in the modmods but what happend to the option of surrounding him and then attack?

In FF/RifE, that was removed entirely. He is literally unable to engage in combat; he cannot attack or defend and can coexist in the same tile as enemy units with no problem.

...so, that is indeed a rather good question. He's immune to both the avatar of an ascended god and to the dragons' damage... So wtf is he? Entirely unlikely, but an amusing thought would be if he was the One tricked by Ceridwen and Mammon into an existence as something like a mortal... Though I suppose that theory only appeals to me because it really irritates me when a fantasy setting introduces a faceless christian-esque high god who ruins the flavor of the universe for me, heh. I have no real serious speculations about what he might be, though...
-CF

Os-Gabella is... pretty special, being the first human created, and one imbued with her immortality by all the gods together. I somehow doubt they'd have done that a second time when they decided not to after making her...
-CF

I don't think he's immortal. He's just very good at running away.

IIRC the easiest way to get rid of him is to get him to fight in a city. Since city defenders can't retreat he'll be easily disposed of.

Please read the thread. :/ It's been stated multiple times that FF/RifE Loki doesn't work the same way with regards to death as FfH Loki...
-CF

Sorry, I thought that was the Lore forum. Disregard what I said about fighting in a city then.

loki isnt invincible on FF
the way to kill him has to precise, but if you hate having him round that much its worth the effort

just have a unit with the marksman promotion attack Loki when he is under a stack of 2+ units
for example one way i kill him is to take 2 of my units when im at war with the balseraphs with an assasin, put the other 2 units on top of Loki (i dont think the 2 or more other units matter what they are) and send the Assasin to the square Loki and the other units are on, this instantly kills Loki off... It also works if you are playing the Balseraphs and want Loki dead for the shrine of the champion. hope this helps,

i tested this on several occasions (on Fall Further) and each time it has worked though it has always been on a stack of Balseraph or human units (though i doubt it makes a difference if it is another AI's units (though might make a difference if you are at war with that AI too)

Top Bottom