Requirements to build Space Ship parts??

IslandBlue

Chieftain
I finished a game last week where 'Science Victory' was the only victory condition enabled. I researched the Apollo Program but still was unable to construct any parts. I know I researched at least 1 of the techs (pretty sure it was 'Robotics') that are required for a specific part. Still I was unable to construct that part. I even had Spaceship factories in most of my cities.

So when exactly can I begin to construct spaceship parts? I've won this type of game before but it was over a year ago and I can't remember. Thanks for your help.

You need Apollo + Parts techs + Aluminium.

Do I need EVERY parts tech before I can begin construction on the first part, assuming I have Apollo and aluminum? In other words, can I build a booster if that's the only tech I have which contains a spaceship part, or do I have to research EVERY tech which has a spaceship part (I believe there are 4) before I can begin construction on any of the separate parts?

need apollo, a mined aluminum resource, and the tech required for each individual part... no aluminum, no space ship!

Are the SS parts showing up grayed out on you build list, or are they not showing up at all?

If building the Hubble Space Telescope for the free SS Factory build it in your highest production city and not your highest science city(I always make that mistake) as it provides no boost to science(as I always assume).

I use to bulb it in my second (sometimes third) highest production city. First, usually capital, build Apollo. So I can start building spaceship parts sooner. And if I don't have enough to buy a spaceship factory, its higher production ensure me a fast spaceship factory.

If your lands don't have aluminum, you can always get recycling centers which give +2 aluminum.

Top Bottom